Sign in to follow this  
Tragedy116

"IMPORTANT," I NEED HELP QUICK!!!!!!

I have two Stereo Integrity Magnum D2's and want to port them very badly. I am looking for LSQ about 60/40 SPL to SQ. Ill be giving each sub 800 true watts. This will all be going in the trunk of a 2000 cavalier. The biggest box I can fit in their is 30w x 15h x 16d. I want to tune the box to anywhere from 30 - 35hz if possible. What is the biggest box I will be able to make to those dimentions and what will it be tuned to? Will I have to use round ports or is it possible to use a single slot port. If round will there be any port noise and if so how noticible will it be? I am making box by tommorow so I would appreciate responses as soon as possible. Thanx.

alright...i probably messed up somewhere in the calculations...but according to winisd....make the box as big as you said you could.....the subs and port will face the same direction....make the port along the side...so it's 13.5 in. tall....it then has to be 22.5 in. deep....so it will form a L shape along the back corner of the box.....the first side of the L will be 12.25....the second side will be 10.25 inches long.....the box will be 3.0 cu ft. and tuned to 30hz

any questions just pm me

Just use the numbers that I gave you and you'll be fine. Due to limitations placed on the enclosure because of his vehicle (making it to that specific size in order to get the enclosure in his trunk), you'll have to tune it to ~33 Hz with the two 4" round ports.

Like I also said, each Magnum needs two 4" ports, but there's simply not enough room to port them in an enclosure that small. Either run them sealed, or vent them to the specifics I gave you over the phone.

Just use the numbers that I gave you and you'll be fine. Due to limitations placed on the enclosure because of his vehicle (making it to that specific size in order to get the enclosure in his trunk), you'll have to tune it to ~33 Hz with the two 4" round ports.

Like I also said, each Magnum needs two 4" ports, but there's simply not enough room to port them in an enclosure that small. Either run them sealed, or vent them to the specifics I gave you over the phone.

Ditto..

And I believe I've talked to you several times before...start out sealed..then you'll understand how much work you'll have to do to go ported...and if it's actually worth it... ;)