Sign in to follow this  
elastic

saz 3500 or 4500 for one 18 Btl

hi

i cant decide whether to take a 3500 or a 4500 for one 18 btl.

ill use the setup for daily drivin but i also want to be loud as hell.

which battery upgrade do you recommend? is one d3100 enough?

hi

i cant decide whether to take a 3500 or a 4500 for one 18 btl.

ill use the setup for daily drivin but i also want to be loud as hell.

which battery upgrade do you recommend? is one d3100 enough?

id do a 3500 and save the sub. 4500 is alot of power for one sub. i have a SAZ-3500D and i have a 250 amp ALT a D1200 and a D3100 and my volts droped to 13.7 at full tilt

Edited by bread0710

so i also can run 2 18 btls off a saz 4500 or a rf t4001?

which would be the better amp?

Either of those amps will push 2 BTL's very well. If you want 2 they should be the dual 1 ohm. You can even get one driver at a time if you dont have funds for both immediately and run one at 2 ohm with the 4500d or the RF as they make rated power for the BTL. IMO with everything being equal and proper electrical, I think the 4500d will be a better performer than the RF for that application.

If you intend to run only one driver and stay that way then the 3500d would be a better choice. Even the 2000d would be great considering how efficient they are.

I pre-ordered my 4500d on the first price level and couldnt tell myself not to pay the difference on the 3500d that I wanted. It seemed like such a great deal I couldnt say no! Plus I had already purchased my BTL with the thought of using the 2000d before the pre-sale came out on the 4500d. Damn those great prices! :lildevil:

how will the 4500 perform at 12,5 volt? since this is my ordinary voltage. i wont upgrade the alt, just a good batt.

how will the 4500 perform at 12,5 volt? since this is my ordinary voltage. i wont upgrade the alt, just a good batt.

I think you will want to look into an upgraded alt with that amp!

Yeah I'd say definitely get a new alt with an amp like that. That's a lot of power and your stock setup will not be happy about it.

no i have a bad car and i dont spend money on it any more. with some good batts i should stay around 12-12,5 volt.

you guys know whats the rating of the 4500 at 12,5 v?

no i have a bad car and i dont spend money on it any more. with some good batts i should stay around 12-12,5 volt.

With an amp that big, you are going to need: Big 3 done in 1/0, an upgraded alt and extra batteries. Batteries don't charge themselves.

Edited by bobonit

i dont need a new alternator, i get my batts charged by a battery charger every few weeks.

You will end up needing a new alt eventually. With your batteries constantly being drowned the stock alt will only charge them for so long. Eventually it WILL give out.

i dont think u realize how quickly that amp will drain your batteries ... u would need to charge your batteries after 5 mins of use because ur amps would continually shut off and will evenually go into thermal shutdown because of how low ur voltage will be dropping ... without the proper charging supply u risk damaging so many components now only in ur sound system but ur car as well ... your voltage WILL drop way below 12.5 with that amp if u do not have a new alt ... a new alt is only like $400 and is the most important upgrade to support that amp

if your already planning on getting multiple batteries then sacrifice a batt and get an alternator 2.

you could probably get one for the same price if not cheaper then the batts.

i dont need a new alternator, i get my batts charged by a battery charger every few weeks.

honestly i dont think u have the knowledge to own a 4500 rms amp. sorry to bash but unless u ONLY plan on doing 2 second burps, your just going to ruin your amp, batteries, and sub from voltage drop and clipping the signal. if u have the money for a 4500d and one or two subs that can handle that amp and expensive ass batteries, im sure u can spare another 500 bucks for a nice alternator. its really an all or nothing thing. u just cant have a daily system with that big of an amp without a 200+ amp alternator.

It takes power to make power buddy.

Sign in to follow this