mattwalter85

good amp for three 10 inch FI SSD's

Hey guys, I'm going to be purchasing three 10" FI SSD's soon and I was thinking about running them with a Rockford T1500-1bd but i'm not sure if I need dual 1-ohm or dual 2-ohm vc's and how I would go about wiring them up. This is also my first post and love the forum so far guys, keep up the good work. i'm open to all suggestions but am on a budget so plz try to keep that in mind. Also the sups will be in a mono ported box going in the bed of a single cab ranger doing a blow through setup.

Audioque 3500D can be purchased direct from Audioque for just under $700 brand new.

Get 3 Dual 2s to wire to a 1.33 nominal load.

Hey guys, I'm going to be purchasing three 10" FI SSD's soon and I was thinking about running them with a Rockford T1500-1bd but i'm not sure if I need dual 1-ohm or dual 2-ohm vc's and how I would go about wiring them up. This is also my first post and love the forum so far guys, keep up the good work. i'm open to all suggestions but am on a budget so plz try to keep that in mind. Also the sups will be in a mono ported box going in the bed of a single cab ranger doing a blow through setup.

You plan on upgrading electrical (Batteries, Alt, etc.) ?

Well I have one optima yellow top now and was thinking about gettin a second if needed and I plan on running a 220A H/O alternator I havne't gotten yet..... all the cables are Stinger

anything that would run those subs thats a little cheaper. i'm kinda tapped at 500.00 for the amp. I can get the rockford T1500-1bd for 440.00 shipped

Edited by slammedrangeron20s

Well I have one optima yellow top now and was thinking about gettin a second if needed and I plan on running a 220A H/O alternator I havne't gotten yet..... all the cables are Stinger

anything that would run those subs thats a little cheaper. i'm kinda tapped at 500.00 for the amp. I can get the rockford T1500-1bd for 440.00 shipped

well why dont you go for 2-12" FI SSD's with BP Power and that RF T1500-1bd, just my .02.

what is BP power? sorry guys i'm a noob. oh also I have a RFC2D Capacitor i'll be running also

this one..

http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=5&series_id=40&family_id=87&item_id=108313&locale=en_US&p_status=

Dont use the cap, it will only hurt your system just buy a good secondary battery for your system.

Bp Power - This option adds a machined aluminum compression plug to the pole which helps channel all of the air under the dustcap around the coil for better cooling. To aid with this increased airflow we also add 6 axial cooling channels in the top plate. Along with increased thermal capacity comes the addition of an extra spider and a changed spider pack. All of these features increase power handling from 200-500 Watts depending on the application. 

Wow okay lol. sounds complicated. Do you think im goin the right path choosing FI for my subs the SSD's? i'm not tryin to go insane i just want some good bump for a single cab with a blow through design that u dont see that often around here.....

would u recommend a flatwind or copper coil? what are the pros and cons for a setup like mine

Flatwind coil.

also this is going to be a regular mono ported box 3/4" mdf that Car Toys is going to make for me. should I go with a round port or a square port and wat airspace do u guys recommend for 2 SSD 12"s 2.5 cu. ft? bigger?

also this is going to be a regular mono ported box 3/4" mdf that Car Toys is going to make for me. should I go with a round port or a square port and wat airspace do u guys recommend for 2 SSD 12"s 2.5 cu. ft? bigger?

I wouldn't recommend letting them build your enclosure. You can build your own for cheaper and it will probably outperform theirs and be better quality. If you don't want to look into www.fishercustoms.com or www.poundthatsound.com both make phenomenal enclosures.

well the reason why they're going to build it is because they're cuttin the hole in the bed and cab and everything then rhino-lining the bed after the box and enclosure are done so it looks nice and clean and will be sealed up good.

Okay so im gonna wanna go with the 12" dual 2-ohm vc's SSD's with the flatwind coils and BP Power???? I think i got it right lol if this should work out good plz let me know so I can order the subs, Thanks again guys. I appreciate it.

you dont need the BP power with 3 subs in the mix...

Now, if u were runnin 2 subs and an aq3500d, then i would agree with BP option but it isnt needed for this install.

I would like to add though-

if u are tryin to save money, don't go with BP power.

If you think u can get a good resale value on them if u got it and decided to sell them, or if u ever thought about using them for burping scenarios and send about 2kw-3kwrms per sub, then get the BP power.

you wasted 440 for that amp. you could have gotten a better loved sundown saz1500 for less or an AQ 2200 amp for less as well.

ok now im a little confused sooo I'm going to get 2, 12" Fi SSD Subs with dual 2-ohm voice coils' i think thats right so far. BUT if i run the rockford amp and only run 750rms each to the supbs(when their rated at 800???) i should NOT get BP Power? so basically I only need BP Power if i'm going to run way more watts they they can handle......this is confusing and save money its only 20.00 for BP Power....... and i never plan on selling the subs either. All I want out of this setup is the hardest hitting subs I can fit in a blow through setup on a single cab ranger since i've nver seen anyone do it before on a ranger. And I might go t a db drag or two just for fun to see what I get.......

You can find used saz1500s around for around 350 and I think AQ 2200 for the same.

EDIT: OR you can get an audiopipe 3000 like me. I have one on two SSDs as well but with bp option. Its wired at 4 ohms right now. You can get dual 2 ohms and wire the subs together for a 2 ohm load and get 3000 watts to the SSDs. I'd get bp option though and keep the gains low. Also the audiopipe amp is only about 330 shipped on ebay with 1 year warranty. :D

Edited by phi

http://cgi.ebay.com/3000-WATT-AUDIOPIPE-MONO-CLASS-D-CAR-AMP-W-BASS-KNOB_W0QQitemZ290328712780QQcmdZViewItemQQptZCar_Amplifiers?hash=item4398f0964c&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

The spec on there says its 1 ohm stable with 3000 watts but its really 2 ohms stable minimal. I have not read about anyone having problems with their audiopipe amp.

I have never had any problems with hifonics amps. I hear the bxi line and lower are all over-rated about 25% so you know. I never tested one to know for sure personally. I have used three of their amps and one is in my mom's boyfriend's car now. I doubt you could beat the audiopipe pricing though.

0 gauge. I think it comes with a fuse and fuse holder and remote knob too.

it doesn't have any fuse's on the amp itself? do u think two optima yellow tops and a 220A alternaor would run it fine? or will i need a cap? im also running a Rockford T400-4 right now that i'll be keepin in there for the mids and highs.....

it doesn't have any fuse's on the amp itself? do u think two optima yellow tops and a 220A alternaor would run it fine? or will i need a cap? im also running a Rockford T400-4 right now that i'll be keepin in there for the mids and highs.....

Most amps 1500rms and over don't have fuses on the amps. They use an external fuse somewhere along the power wire.

If yous staying at 1500rms, then two Yellow Tops and a 220 would be fine for it. NEVER use a capacitor, all they do is put more of a strain on your system. Unless you just want to use it as a Volt Meter lol.