Sign in to follow this  
rickandleli

end resistance?

Does anyone know how to figure out the resistance when i wire a dual 1 ohm sub to .5 ohm, and a dual 2 ohm sub to 4 ohms, and then wire those subs together in series?

Does anyone know how to figure out the resistance when i wire a dual 1 ohm sub to .5 ohm, and a dual 2 ohm sub to 4 ohms, and then wire those subs together in series?

How many of these posts are your going to create? :WTFBubble:

i was wondering if i would do any damge to any component of my system by using a dual 1 ohm sub, and a dual 2 ohm sub together? Also, for us dummys out here, what is the formula to figure the resistance when wiring like that? i know there is a way to get my resistance between 1 and 2 ohms that way, but might need a diagram, where could i find that?

Click the link .... http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#par

Edited by OldSkool_08

well 0.5ohm + 4ohm= 4.5ohm load

series means add resistance together

and parellel means the resistance will drop to half the resistance on 1 coil

and why do you wnat to run a 4.5ohm load anyways? why not a 1.5 ohm load?

What is your deal? We've told you 9 times that this doesn't make any sense to do and won't sound right.

Either tell us the reasoning behind these questions or we will start deleting all of your threads on this matter.

dont damage your equipment for whatever goal or reason you want to, only buy subs the same ohm load and hopefully the exact same model and brand.

Well, my whole deal was this.... I bought a dual 1 ohm sub with the intention of buying another one and getting a 1 ohm stable amp after sold the rest of my equipment, but the buyer backed out on the second half of my equipment so i was stuck with a dual 1 ohm sub (1750 RMS) and a 2 ohm stable amp (Hifonics Colossus 3200x1 @ 2 ohms). Was just trying to work with what i had but after someone posted about subs with lower resistance getting more power it made sense. I was just looking for the final resistance not taking into account the resistance of individual subs. Sorry guys but thanks for the input!