SpeakerBoy

Lincolns vs. Crown vics

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which car would you choose for bass? Please comment why.

• 2002 Lincoln Towncar
    • 89 Ford Crown Victoria
    • Other (Post)
  2. 2. What would you choose?

So. i have been wondering, what is better for bass. An '02 lincoln towncar, or the 89 crown vic. both have trunks the size of a small house, and both guzzle gas. But what would be the better choice?

For the sake of argument, both are show off cars, music-wise, and for looks, both would sit on 22" blades (or maybe spokes for the Linc). The intention is a low-end beast. crushing lows. For whichever you choose, list the setup you would think is best for the space available.

I am considering one or the other as a 2nd, 3rd, or maybe 4th car after I run in the bug. I would like the lincoln, but my concern is that, I lack the experience in cars to treat it the right way, i'm very clumsy, and I would be horrified if the interior of my lincoln got trashed. The vic is less flashy, but the it only gets 10-12mpg, and its very heavy.

What rims would you choose for either?

Thanks for the feedback,

-Chris

Oh and, goal is 145dB+ on music.

Edited by DeepSubBoy

I chose the 89 because it's built like a tank, little to no body flex. I chose blades(which I'm assuming are just normal rims) because I think spokes are for bicycles. Jon's Lincoln being the ONLY exception.

I chose the 89 because it's built like a tank, little to no body flex. I chose blades(which I'm assuming are just normal rims) because I think spokes are for bicycles. Jon's Lincoln being the ONLY exception.

Definitely a good point.

The Lincoln is a way quieter car in the first place which is huge for sounding good. All your rim choices are unpleasant. :(

i used to own an 88 crown vic... do not get the older style.

I had a box in there tuned to 29hz, it broke the trunk latch right off the frame, had to be re-welded.

I also had 2 auto shops prohibit warranting my Catalytic Converter on my car after the 3rd one broke within 3 days of having it re-re-reinstalled with a conclusion that the stereo system was damaging it.

i agree with m5 ... on the lincoln models they add a lot of dampening to get rid of a lot of road noise and engine noise ... this will not only make those noises quieter but also keep a lot more music inside ur car

50% vic, 50% lincoln.

50% blades, 0% spokes.

So, in the event that i choose the lincoln, (this is what i hear most of you posting), what should i do to make keeping it pretty, a little easier?

And on to my second question, what setup(s) do you guys think would make the most of the space available? My first thought was two 15's, after looking at Jons trunk, those seem to fit nice and cozy. My goal is output, without making a fartbox. I'd like to see 145-150dB on music, but keep it tuned low, maybe 28hz, i want every note to be loud and proud.

Off the top of my head, i would love to see two Xcon 15's i there, and a 3500D audioque, or sundown, but with the space requirements and a tuning that low, would the overall size be too big?

I have a couple songs i would love to show off with when i get a car, the two that some up first are "dopeman" (slowed to 83%) by OJ da Juiceman, and Never scared Chopped & Screwed by Bonecrusher. Just gets me all excited :lol:

And a question to all you lincoln owners, would it sound good, to remove the speakers from the rear deck, to let more bass into the cabin?

Finally, for a front stage would these be suffiecient? Only 90rms, but they look pretty good.

http://www.woofersetc.com/p1103/EF61CV-CDT-Audio-EuroFit-65"-2Way-Component-Speakers.htm

thanks,

-Chris

Edited by DeepSubBoy

I'd pick the Lincoln over the Crown Vic purely because the Lincoln is a luxury vehicle while the Vic is more basic. If you really like the Vic's body style then see if you can find a Marquis.

As for rims, I'd put 20" swangs on it.

Edited by inkfx

http://www.rimgod.com/images/LIMITED%20BLADE.jpg

Those are blades. I chose town car. I like the look of them and I have always wanted 1. As for rims I don't like the donk look so much so maybe just like spokes. IMO. Kinda like BIGJONS

Blades are played out. EVERYONE has them.

I've never seen them before.

I see them All the time. Some people dig em, not for me. Atleast the 3 spoke design.

The Lincoln is a way quieter car in the first place which is huge for sounding good. All your rim choices are unpleasant. :(

That gave me a good laugh. Come on now the spokes walk all over the blades. I think the blades were a one hit wonder man. Spokes have been nicely rooted for years.

As for the cars it would be the linc. I had an 87 linc and Id rather have it a little newer. The 02 is gonna have so much better acoustics to start with than the 89. Its 13 years older. Easy choice for me.

...and where the hell is big jon?! Sooo...what'll it be?

I see them All the time. Some people dig em, not for me. Atleast the 3 spoke design.

does anyone know of any 2 spoke or one spoke plus counterweight rims?

your subs are most likely going to drown out your rears anyway ... id take them out to make room ... as for speakers the re xxx 6.5s get real loud and sound damn good (esp midbass) ... they take 150 no probelm ... people are running 300 to them all day and they are 2 ohm ... the are the same price as those ... just make sure your can fit them in ur door ... they have almost a 4" mounting depth ... i ran a 3/4" spacer and they fit goood ... i have a lincoln btw

That gave me a good laugh. Come on now the spokes walk all over the blades. I think the blades were a one hit wonder man. Spokes have been nicely rooted for years.

As for the cars it would be the linc. I had an 87 linc and Id rather have it a little newer. The 02 is gonna have so much better acoustics to start with than the 89. Its 13 years older. Easy choice for me.

...and where the hell is big jon?! Sooo...what'll it be?

Thats what i'm wondering.

Incidentally, has anyone seen pictures of that ridiculous purple car on 40" rims?

Edited by DeepSubBoy

Not understanding some of the terms in this topic. Maybe I am starting to get old. :( Anyway, why is this in the audio section? Also, why not post the wheel selection you are looking at.

your subs are most likely going to drown out your rears anyway ... id take them out to make room ... as for speakers the re xxx 6.5s get real loud and sound damn good (esp midbass) ... they take 150 no probelm ... people are running 300 to them all day and they are 2 ohm ... the are the same price as those ... just make sure your can fit them in ur door ... they have almost a 4" mounting depth ... i ran a 3/4" spacer and they fit goood ... i have a lincoln btw

*pukes* Can you write an actual sentence or are you only capable of ellipses?

2 ohm components are a marketing gimic and not helpful in your overall plan, the RE's do NOT have especially good midbass, I'd "love" to see you put 300wrms to their tweeter, and who cares about power when your efficiency is crap. All in all that was not a good recommendation at least for the reasons cited. Oh the CDT's you picked out surely won't have midbass though.

Really? Wow. Everyone around here has them, in every size shape and color. I'm just so done with them. I guess the only plus is you can get them in 24s for like a G, at least here you can. Not worth it though there are a lot of better lookin wheels out there.

2 ohm components are a marketing gimic and not helpful in your overall plan, the RE's do NOT have especially good midbass, I'd "love" to see you put 300wrms to their tweeter, and who cares about power when your efficiency is crap. All in all that was not a good recommendation at least for the reasons cited. Oh the CDT's you picked out surely won't have midbass though.

Alright since everyone is calling me out for grammar I will switch it up. The midbass on the REs are incredible for a 6.5. As for the 300wrms goes, that is to the mid and tweeter. I will give you the efficiency could be better and you do need a lot of power to get them to shine.

M5, what would you recommend as a front stage for ~$350 or under? that price is just for speakers, i will use the according sundown amps for highs, for sure, but the sub amp is either a SAZ-3000D (if i can find one used) a SAZ-3500D, or an Audioque 3500D. I have my heart set on Xcons. I am looking for crystal clear sound, without breaking the bank. When i crank the subs, i want to hear the words, loud and proud. Not just tearing up my ears, but actually sounding good. I hear good things about Seas tweets and Peerless mids.

Here is that ridiculous car with the giant rims: http://www.hiphopcars.com/cars/40_inch_rims.jpg

Totally random, i flipped on the tv and Michael Moore's "Sicko" was on. Cuba, whom we were all taught to dislike, has far superior healthcare. Castro is entirely evil i guess. For our $7k per person medical costs, they have $245. I'm pretty disappointed.

Anyway, yeah where is Jon?

What you hear good things about you are misconstruing. Your goals are not the same goals as the threads you are thinking where you "heard good things". With what you say you are going to do with a sub if you truly want to "hear the words" you should be looking to put in horns. "Keeping up" isn't trivial. IMO you should expect to spend as much on your front stage as your subs if you truly are interested in that, in your case I don't think you are but you choose to use industry terms and read into things describing what you misperceive as your goals. The issue with the horns is you will need some eq to tame their anomalies and some serious time doing the install, but if done well they will meet your requested needs.

does anyone know of any 2 spoke or one spoke plus counterweight rims?

I've seen them, yet never looked into them. What look are going for. If it were me I'de murder it out, throw some 22" daytons on there. Fill up that wheel well. 2 12's, good fronstage. You won't want that much bass. You would be well heard with 2 12" Xcons, Trust me I have a 18". As for your fronstage you'll have to not really research on here, but as ///M5 told me listen to setups.

i used to own an 88 crown vic... do not get the older style.

I had a box in there tuned to 29hz, it broke the trunk latch right off the frame, had to be re-welded.

I also had 2 auto shops prohibit warranting my Catalytic Converter on my car after the 3rd one broke within 3 days of having it re-re-reinstalled with a conclusion that the stereo system was damaging it.

X2 about the trunk latch. I had to get mine welded for a second time yesterday and mine is only tuned to 33hz. These trunks cannot handle a moderate size setup. Therefore I also vote for the lincoln.

Is part of my thread gone? i could have sworn i posted a reply to M5's suggestion to spend about as much as the subs, for a front stage.