Sign in to follow this  
ANt220

new gear, new set up. help?

so i've been running my system for a while (since 04 i think) and now my 'new' gear has become 'old' and in need of a reup. im running 2 12" cerwin vega v-max 2ohm dvc's. both on a 2 channel audiobahn (i told you it was old) amp rack series. according to the amp specs, it was running 500 watts rms per channel. i've done the big 3 upgrade and im using 0 guage power wire kit from directed. so far the only thing thats staying is the power wire. im going to use one MTX TA91002 amp for my new set up. i got it cause i couldnt pass up the great price it was going for. btw, im on a $800 budget, and my new amp just used up $200 of it.

i need help deciding on what subs to use with it. i was planning to go with a single 18" fi bl 2ohm. my brother thinks i should just stick with 2 12" fi bl's. my goal is to get more 'presence' while maintaining sq. (if that makes any sense) i basically want to get the maximum performance from my amp that i can without overpowering or underpowering the subs. i was also looking into sticking with mtx and possibly going with 2 15" 9500's, but i keep hearing about how bad these fi subs are. like i said, i just want to maximize my new setup with my left over budget. thanks guys!

btw, this is all going into a 94 integra gsr.

Specs on the amp would be helpful.

:WELCOME:

Welcome

Oh I didn't realize this was in the newbie section.