82volvo

Who has a better 4" speaker, alpine or kicker?

I'm also wondering who makes the best 4" hands down? i installed an alpine head unit and i initially wanted to keep it consistent by hooking up alpine speakers, but if i could get a better sound out of it with another speaker manufacturer, then i would be pleased.

I only have 2 mounts for 4" speakers and am considering adding a sub in back but would rather keep it simple.

any advice?

here are links to the only 4"speakers they carry

http://www.alpine-usa.com/US-en/products/product.php?model=SPS-400〈=en&tab=Fhttp://www.kicker.com/ks_series

Those speakers are widely sold, go to a shop and listen for yourself so that you get what YOU like.

As for best 4" speaker, it depends entirely on what you want to do with it.

The best speakers for what...?

The best 4" hands down will most definitely require a tweeter and midbass to go along with it.

The best 4" hands down will most definitely require a tweeter and midbass to go along with it.

Agreed

so what do you suggest? my head unit has a preamp but will i need a secondary amp?

i want to have a nice system that sounds clear but delivers high levels of sound and decent bass(my car is pretty loud on the freeway and i want to drown the noise with music) and i want to keep it as simple as possible without sacrificing quality (i cant tune it up really high without the speakers sounding like crap)

What size midbass and tweeter will you run with them?

so what do you suggest? my head unit has a preamp but will i need a secondary amp?

i want to have a nice system that sounds clear but delivers high levels of sound and decent bass(my car is pretty loud on the freeway and i want to drown the noise with music) and i want to keep it as simple as possible without sacrificing quality (i cant tune it up really high without the speakers sounding like crap)

I'd recommend investing in some sound deadening equipment. It makes a huge difference in road noise. Just a suggestion.

I hate alpine, only name costs. i would choose kicker.