chainsaw

best 15 and amp for my money

I've had some crappy 12's (MTX RoadThunder) and a 500 watt Bazooka amp since I was 16. I just got a new job and wanna go big. I have a friend who has a DD 10" (2510 I think) hitting 139 db on music with 700 watts.

Even though I have more money to work with, I need to keep it as cheap as possible. I really want a 15 and however many watts it takes to get loud as fuck without blowing the sub.

-I was looking at FI Btl but its a little high

-I know DD is good

-I don't know anything about Incriminator.

-people have mentioned RE

the only ones of these I've seen in action is DD.

This is not an SPL build, just a daily driver that I want to be louder than the crap I have now.

Thanx in advance for the advice.

I've had some crappy 12's (MTX RoadThunder) and a 500 watt Bazooka amp since I was 16. I just got a new job and wanna go big. I have a friend who has a DD 10" (2510 I think) hitting 139 db on music with 700 watts.

Even though I have more money to work with, I need to keep it as cheap as possible. I really want a 15 and however many watts it takes to get loud as fuck without blowing the sub.

-I was looking at FI Btl but its a little high

-I know DD is good

-I don't know anything about Incriminator.

-people have mentioned RE

the only ones of these I've seen in action is DD.

This is not an SPL build, just a daily driver that I want to be louder than the crap I have now.

Thanx in advance for the advice.

All the stuff you listed is great. Focus your money and effort into a good install and quality/correct box build and you'll have great results with anything you listed... really any product that has a forum on this board will give you great results if you install and use it properly. A 15" is great, but a 15 stuffed into a crappy box that's too small would be < a good 12 in a proper box.

As far as a box is concerned, I 'm probably going with Audible Customs. I like his prices(not to mention, he's from Louisiana) and his attention to customer service(never dealt with him, though).

btw, http://www.soundsolu...500D-COMBO.html

That is an awesome combo and great price, but a little more than I wanna spend. If possible, I wanna stay in-and-around $600 for the amp and the sub.

Edited by Chainsaw

As far as a box is concerned, I 'm probably going with Audible Customs. I like his prices(not to mention, he's from Louisiana) and his attention to customer service(never dealt with him, though).

That is an awesome combo and great price, but a little more than I wanna spend. If possible, I wanna stay in-and-around $600 for the amp and the sub.

Well since you stated a budget this combo will suit you well:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/SSA-Icon-15D2-%252b-Sundown-SAZ%252d1000D-Combo.html

well it's $614! How much closer would you like lol

Either combo in the right setup is going to make you very happy vs the system you have now. Buy right and build right and you wont be disappointed with these products. If you have any woodworking skills I highly suggest trying to build one yourself as it will be cheaper in the long run which sounds like what you want.

it said $819 when i clicked on it. As co-owner of SSA if you wanna let it go for the $614, I would be happy to take it off your hands.lol

Edited by Chainsaw

Well since you stated a budget this combo will suit you well:

http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/products/SSA-Icon-15D2-%252b-Sundown-SAZ%252d1000D-Combo.html

That is looking like a good candidate for me. Now I just gotta save up for my new head unit( Pioneer Premier f90bt) then the next stop is sub town, population:15"

my apolligies, I was looking at the wrong prices. Aaron messed a few prices up on my account and I was logged in when I saw those prices. Yes you are right, thats out of your budget.

my apolligies, I was looking at the wrong prices. Aaron messed a few prices up on my account and I was logged in when I saw those prices. Yes you are right, thats out of your budget.

no worries. besides, that package with the icon and the saz-1000d is looking pretty tasty. I'll probably end up purchasing from the SSA store, anyway.(so you guys will get my cash regardless, lol)

Another option could be a Z15 close out and a SAE1200v2 presale.

great prices! I have a Z15 on the way now. Thinking about the 1200 also cause Jacob is getting nice with these prices. That could leave you even more money to spare. Either way you won't be dissapointed.

great prices! I have a Z15 on the way now. Thinking about the 1200 also cause Jacob is getting nice with these prices. That could leave you even more money to spare. Either way you won't be dissapointed.

That sounds killer. I just hope they are still there in a month or 2 when I have the cash. I get my first paycheck from the new job next Wednesday. Still gotta buy my new head unit before i upgrade my sub situation

Do what I did: dig on eBay/craigslist for your amps, pump the rest into the speakers. You might be able to get a solide 1200-1500w amp for $200 and that leaves you $400 for the sub. Boom baby!

Also, you don't really need to do anything before anything if you plan on upgrading the whole kit and kaboodle at the same time. Unless you're going to put in the HU, ride around with that for a while, then put in the sub later, buy whichever piece comes with the best deal first. Put it all in your basement, and then get it all installed at the same time.

Edited by Zach Gates

Do what I did: dig on eBay/craigslist for your amps, pump the rest into the speakers. You might be able to get a solide 1200-1500w amp for $200 and that leaves you $400 for the sub. Boom baby!

Also, you don't really need to do anything before anything if you plan on upgrading the whole kit and kaboodle at the same time. Unless you're going to put in the HU, ride around with that for a while, then put in the sub later, buy whichever piece comes with the best deal first. Put it all in your basement, and then get it all installed at the same time.

i have a nice HU right now. I just really want an f90bt(pioneer premier). It just a coin toss decision on which i should buy first. if i buy the HU first I can use it with my old subs for a while, if i buy the amp/sub first i can use it with my current HU(kenwood excelon kcd-x692, friend is letting me borrow indefinitely). Either way I'm gonna be happy. My original plan was to buy the HU first, but if i get paid enough soon, I'm gonna take advantage of some of the deals. ex. Audibel Customs free box w/sub deal, Sundown's presale deal on SAE-1200d, etc. If I don't have the cash before these sales end, I'll probably buy my new HU first.

Keeping electricity, cable and water at the house is more important than the audio in my car. :fing34: That's why it will take a couple of paychecks(maybe even a month or 2 per part)

Basement?????LOL Baton rouge is south Louisiana. LSU has a few building with basements on hills, but most of the state is at or below sea level.

Myself and a few friends will be doing the installs. We can do it individually by ourselves, but we like to get together and take too long, forget parts, and curse at vehicle panels. We do good work, but it always takes longer than expected. Oh well, that is the fun part for me. i enjoy installing stuff

Edited by Chainsaw

The sae 1200 is at a very good price, But it's a pre-sale : look at the release date. It's in a few months. You'd better not be in a hurry !

I don't know about the Z15.

I can only talk about the ssa combos : really good deals, you will not be disappointed.

You live in LO, so shipping will be very low for everything:)

Take advantage of the deal with the free custom box, before it ends!!!

The sae 1200 is at a very good price, But it's a pre-sale : look at the release date. It's in a few months. You'd better not be in a hurry !

I don't know about the Z15.

I can only talk about the ssa combos : really good deals, you will not be disappointed.

You live in LO, so shipping will be very low for everything:)

Take advantage of the deal with the free custom box, before it ends!!!

I'm aware of the presale situation. I did a little math. Here is how it stacks up(provided I can get the cash quick enough)

SSA Icon 15D2 + Sundown SAZ-1000D Combo: $579

box:$135

total:$714

SSA Icon 15D2:$295(free box if purchased from audibel customs)(before Sept 30.)

SAE-1200D-$260-$280(depending on what month I pay the presale)

total:$555-$575

If i make the deal, i might ask if i can just come pick up the box. Its about 45 minutes away

Edited by Chainsaw

Just take an Xcon and the sae 1200 and you're good to go!

i have a nice HU right now. I just really want an f90bt(pioneer premier). It just a coin toss decision on which i should buy first. if i buy the HU first I can use it with my old subs for a while, if i buy the amp/sub first i can use it with my current HU(kenwood excelon kcd-x692, friend is letting me borrow indefinitely). Either way I'm gonna be happy. My original plan was to buy the HU first, but if i get paid enough soon, I'm gonna take advantage of some of the deals. ex. Audibel Customs free box w/sub deal, Sundown's presale deal on SAE-1200d, etc. If I don't have the cash before these sales end, I'll probably buy my new HU first.

Keeping electricity, cable and water at the house is more important than the audio in my car. :fing34: That's why it will take a couple of paychecks(maybe even a month or 2 per part)

Basement?????LOL Baton rouge is south Louisiana. LSU has a few building with basements on hills, but most of the state is at or below sea level.

Myself and a few friends will be doing the installs. We can do it individually by ourselves, but we like to get together and take too long, forget parts, and curse at vehicle panels. We do good work, but it always takes longer than expected. Oh well, that is the fun part for me. i enjoy installing stuff

Im understand your situation and just like you when it comes to car audio, I buy in sections and install what I can when I can. But if you want to get rid of the radio and give it back to your friend then get the H/U because sundown is going to have the amp on presale for some months and still at a reasonable price when it comes out. By what will please you first and get your system going in the direction you want (if you buy your subs and amp right now remember box, wires, terminals, connectors, fuses and whatever else will be needed to complete the install just to listen to it). Maybe once you start working me and getting more hours you may be able to up your budget on sub and amp, who knows?

if you buy your sub from Quentin you get the box for... free of half off. check his deals he has going on. just another option for ya. i got my box from him and love it :) great CS as well. just give him a ring, he answered all my ??? promptly and accurately.

just my $0.02

if you buy your sub from Quentin you get the box for... free of half off. check his deals he has going on. just another option for ya. i got my box from him and love it :) great CS as well. just give him a ring, he answered all my ??? promptly and accurately.

just my $0.02

yeah. check ut the posts like 2 above. I'm gonna buy from him(especially if i make the deadline in the summer sale)

Im understand your situation and just like you when it comes to car audio, I buy in sections and install what I can when I can. But if you want to get rid of the radio and give it back to your friend then get the H/U because sundown is going to have the amp on presale for some months and still at a reasonable price when it comes out. By what will please you first and get your system going in the direction you want (if you buy your subs and amp right now remember box, wires, terminals, connectors, fuses and whatever else will be needed to complete the install just to listen to it). Maybe once you start working me and getting more hours you may be able to up your budget on sub and amp, who knows?

i see what your saying about the HU first deal. That was my plan before I saw the deals.I might still get it first. It runs $650-$725, depending on where you find it. My budget for the sub/amp is a number I arbitrarily decided that I maybe should not cross.

Here is a simple layout of my finances with the new job:

$9/hour(i'm an uncertified pharm tech. it goes up to about $11.25 once i'm certified in about 3-4 months)

I average about 30 hours a week

my bills equal about $350/month

I spend about $120/month on gas

the rest I can save, excluding food and DAF(dick-around-fund)not sure how much I spend on those, but there is always a corner or two that could be cut

I added it up one time for school and I spend about $700/month if i don't change anything(ex. i eat out a lot, go to movies a lot, etc)

Edited by Chainsaw

just my $0.02

yeah. check ut the posts like 2 above. I'm gonna buy from him(especially if i make the deadline in the summer sale)

oh, haha i didnt realize there was a second page to this when i wrote that! my bad! nevemind me then :)

As a Pioneer dealer and installed many F series head units, as well as owned the F90BT personally, trust me when I say there is much better out there that was designed much better and had more planning and testing go into it before it was released.Feel free to PM me about it if you'd like, as I don't want to litter this topic with stuff about head units when its in the SPL and Fabrication section.