Sign in to follow this  
Vanquisher

New To This, Seeking Some Opinions

Hey,

This will be my first time buying FI subs and just had a question about what I should buy. I was gonna get two 12" FI BTL's and power them with a Sundown SAZ-3500D amp when it becomes available. Under the amp specs it says:

----RMS power, 2 ohm linkable/dual mono

6000W x 1CH

----RMS power, 1 ohm mono

3500W x 1CH

I'm confused as to what the difference is would I be able to get 6000W to the two subs if i got the 2ohm versions? or should I get 1ohm? If I can only get 1ohm will 3500 be enough for two of those subs or would that be very underpowered? Any recommendations on the box size and port size would be greatly appreciated as I will have it made by someone. I'm open to any suggestions as far as amps and such I just want to make an educated decision before I buy all this.

Thanks In Advance.

Hey,

This will be my first time buying FI subs and just had a question about what I should buy. I was gonna get two 12" FI BTL's and power them with a Sundown SAZ-3500D amp when it becomes available. Under the amp specs it says:

----RMS power, 2 ohm linkable/dual mono

6000W x 1CH

----RMS power, 1 ohm mono

3500W x 1CH

I'm confused as to what the difference is would I be able to get 6000W to the two subs if i got the 2ohm versions? or should I get 1ohm? If I can only get 1ohm will 3500 be enough for two of those subs or would that be very underpowered? Any recommendations on the box size and port size would be greatly appreciated as I will have it made by someone. I'm open to any suggestions as far as amps and such I just want to make an educated decision before I buy all this. There is no such thing as underpowering a subwoofer, but the Sundown SAZ-3500D will do well on 2-FI BTL's (Dual 1 ohm voice coils).

Thanks In Advance.

That 6000Rms is if you get 2 SAZ-3500D and strap them together and the final ohm load will be 2 ohms(each amp is at 1 ohm). If you get 2 Dual 2 ohms subs, you will need an amp that is 0.5 ohm stable or 2 ohms stable. If you get 2 Dual 1 ohm subs, you will need an amp that is 1 ohm stable and 4 ohms stable.

Edited by jay-cee

edit you beat me to it lol fast finger'd J-C lol

Edited by SPLScion

edit you beat me to it lol fast finger'd J-C lol

Im sorry but that was too easy, I though someone would of beat me while I was typing it and checking the amps page on sundown just to be sure.

btw to the OP, I assume you are going to have some one else wire these subs up for you right? Also how's your electrical, and by that I mean what have you done to upgrade the electrical system of your car to support this monster amp? Big 3? extra battery? (i hope) Remember that even the best amp in the world will fail if its voltage supply drops to low.

btw to the OP, I assume you are going to have some one else wire these subs up for you right? Also how's your electrical, and by that I mean what have you done to upgrade the electrical system of your car to support this monster amp? Big 3? extra battery? (i hope) Remember that even the best amp in the world will fail if its voltage supply drops to low.

Hey thanks for all your responses. Yes well right now I currently have a system very modest as it just alpine type-r components front and rear with Alpine PDX 4x150W. and Alpine V12 and 1 JL Audio only 300W. I have done the big 3. Stock alt right now. I have had 0 gauge power wire ran to a a 5 farad capacitor and a distribution block in the rear, had this done in anticipation for this upgrade. I also have an optima yellowtop in their right now but I was gonna get a 2nd once I put this amp in. Yes I was gonna have someone else make the box and wire them up for me that is correct, I just want to make sure that I'm buying the right stuff before I go ahead and have it done. Will the sundown 3500 be enough for two 12" BTL's? or do I need more power than that to do them justice?

Thanks

Nice glad to see your addressing power issues 1st which is the proper way to do it. The 3500d is a very stout amp. I am sure you'll be impressed, they put out more then rated power on every bench test I have seen.

For the battery in back I suggest not getting a yellow top, they seem ok under the hood but for the money there are battteries that are far better for the back.

Oh ya forgot to ask, what are your goals? SQ, daily ground pounder or for SPL competition? If SPL comps are in your future (and even if not) I suggest ditching that cap. They reduce the life of your batteries as you will have to recharge it after your initial bass hit. Your SPL will be higher without it, I know this from experience.

Hey thanks for all your responses. Yes well right now I currently have a system very modest as it just alpine type-r components front and rear with Alpine PDX 4x150W. and Alpine V12 and 1 JL Audio only 300W. I have done the big 3. Stock alt right now. I have had 0 gauge power wire ran to a a 5 farad capacitor and a distribution block in the rear, had this done in anticipation for this upgrade. I also have an optima yellowtop in their right now but I was gonna get a 2nd once I put this amp in. Yes I was gonna have someone else make the box and wire them up for me that is correct, I just want to make sure that I'm buying the right stuff before I go ahead and have it done. Will the sundown 3500 be enough for two 12" BTL's? or do I need more power than that to do them justice?

Thanks

Well from the sound of it in your case I would stay with the SAZ-3500d, you could get the SAZ-4500D on presale right now would do also but in the wrong hands it will be reak havoc on your subs with the headroom. Get rid of the cap also, buy another yellowtop and get an High Output Alternator.

Thanks

Well from the sound of it in your case I would stay with the SAZ-3500d, you could get the SAZ-4500D on presale right now would do also but in the wrong hands it will be reak havoc on your subs with the headroom. Get rid of the cap also, buy another yellowtop and get an High Output Alternator.

My goal is just daily pounding I don't enter any SPL compititions, I haven't really found anywhere that sells aftermarket HO alternators for my car but I know a place close to my house I can have it rewound. How many amps should be sufficent if I get a 2nd yellowtop for the rear? Also sorry to ask so many questions but for the box what do you recommend one large port for both subs or a port for each sub and also how large do u recommend the box be and also the ports? And if I stick to the SAZ-3500 i don't want to blow my subs up haha that won't be underpowering them? If I chose to get the 4500 would it just be a matter of turning the gain down to avoid clipping?

Your 6000 Watts Would Come From 2 SAZ-3000D Amps Strapped Together.

Both Running At 2 ohms

Sign in to follow this