youngb94

18 btl? or not?

I have a 4000 watt hifonics brutus amp, and im have trouble deciding which subs i should get. i have been thinking about getting 1 18btl but i have herd that getting just one 18 btl is not a good idea. why is that not a good idea? if its not a good idea what subs should i look into, i have a trail blazer so space is pretty much unlimited, and im looking to spend no more than 750 for sub(s). Or have i herd wrong is one 18btl the way to go, i just want to bump really hard im not looking to enter into competitions and such just for my everyday driving, ha and maybe to show off a little. any and all help is appreciated.

I have a 4000 watt hifonics brutus amp, and im have trouble deciding which subs i should get. i have been thinking about getting 1 18btl but i have herd that getting just one 18 btl is not a good idea. why is that not a good idea? if its not a good idea what subs should i look into, i have a trail blazer so space is pretty much unlimited, and im looking to spend no more than 750 for sub(s). Or have i herd wrong is one 18btl the way to go, i just want to bump really hard im not looking to enter into competitions and such just for my everyday driving, ha and maybe to show off a little. any and all help is appreciated.

I have had 1 BTL for around 6 months now and couldn't be happier. Tuned ~29 hz, sounds amazing and will tear stuff apart.

BTL's Are GREAT !!

I Have A 15" And I Was Astonished At How Loud And How Much It Would Rattle Stuff with so little Power.

what kinda amp are you running it with, and with 4000 watts do i need to look into a different alternator or something i have a kinetik hc 800 and just a stock battery in the front, do i need any electrical upgrades with 4000 watts or is that fine?

Do a HO alternator(250 amps minimum), and a extra battery, the big 3, then it should be good enough.

what exact kind of alternator for my trail blazer would be a good one, and what other battery should i get another one in the back or a different one up front?

you should probably look into getting an irragi or DC power alternator. And as for the battery, I'd get another one in the back..perhaps an HC2400 made by Kinetik

Number #1 their is no Hifonics Brutus Amp that can dish out 4000watts, whats the exact model number of amp you have so people can answer your questions better?

Hifonics BXi 2010D, thats my amp.

Ok the most that amp will put out rms wise is 2000watts (if that, some say their underrated and others say their overrated but were not discussing that at this moment), that amp will be ok with an 18" FI BTL or 2 15" FI BL's.

What other equipment will be in this car's install? Whats your budget on what you want to spend for a subwoofer? What is the max space you have to work with, you said you have a trail blazer so space should not be that much of a problem?

Ok the most that amp will put out rms wise is 2000watts (if that, some say their underrated and others say their overrated but were not discussing that at this moment), that amp will be ok with an 18" FI BTL or 2 15" FI BL's.

What other equipment will be in this car's install? Whats your budget on what you want to spend for a subwoofer? What is the max space you have to work with, you said you have a trail blazer so space should not be that much of a problem?

right now im just wanting to put some bump in my truck, then around Christmas i will have money to get like a 4 channel amp and then new interiors all around with tweeters. im looking to pay no more than 750 for my sub(s), and no space is not a problem.

right now im just wanting to put some bump in my truck, then around Christmas i will have money to get like a 4 channel amp and then new interiors all around with tweeters. im looking to pay no more than 750 for my sub(s), and no space is not a problem.

Well there are a lot of options out their for you: 2-15" SSA ICON's / FI BL's / DC Level 4's / Incrimator Audio Death Row / Soundsplinter Rl-p's / Ascendant Audio Havocs / Sundown Z-15's(on sale right now if you want them) or 1 18" SSA XCON / FI BTL / Ascendant Audio Mayhem / Sundonw Nightshade / DC Level 4 XL.

There are lot of options out there but if you want to stick to FI only then I would look into either 1 18"BTL as stated or 2-15" BL's. Choice is yours and any option would do you justice in a well-built enclosure, just my .02.

hey thanks for your help, one more question do you think with what i have a new alternator is really a necessity?

No one can answer that with a 100% honestly but this is what will help you out: Big Three done in 1/0 gauge or bigger wire, good starting battery and good secondary battery and get a voltmeter to watch your voltage. I dont think a Hifonics BXI2010D will draw that much power to make you need more than what is listed above but that will be determined once you get this installed and going.

A high output alternator may not be needed depending on how your voltage is, if your voltage drops a lot then one is needed but if its stays stable with small drops then you wont need one.