Sign in to follow this  
ShaneSauce

Problem with rubber speaker gasket/seal

Noticed today my gasket is letting a bit of air out, so when the lower frequencies hit it sounds really bad.

What's something I can do to fix this?

Run a bead of caulk around the whole gasket?

I wanna do something to stop air from coming out but won't destroy my sub/gasket at the same time.

if u need to fix it immediately, go get some Silicone II CLEAR version.

Unscrew the sub(s) and run a pretty large ass bead around the mounting point. You can get it in the screw points cuz the torq on drills should be strong enough to remove the screw easily.

Once large ass bead is applied, lol, set sub back in place and let it cure overnight.

If you have time to kill, order some speaker foam tape at partsexpress.com and run it around the underside of the speaker.

That way you won't have sealant all over your sub(s).

Where can the silicone II clear and how much is it usually?

I think it would be easier to get that foam tape your talking about so I don't have to deal with silicone.

its cheap just go to menards or home depot its in the paint section, just ask some one for a small bottle of clear silicone. you could also use some weather stripping.

If you used that as a sealant would you be able to get the sub back out of the box?

it's not glue, it's sealant.

all you would have to do is just give it a little tug and the sealant will "unbond" with the sub.

yes. Just gotta realize that there will be sealant on the sub when you pull it out. If u ever want to sell the sub, gotta get the goo off before the buyer thinks speaker pr0n is the real thing!!

Old bump spammer