BAMFinPONCHO

Project "Big Bois" full range speakers

So basically this is one of the projects on my plate.. but first off let me say i am ex user of CAJ.com previously known as jkaudio.. but back to this thread i am in the process of makin a pair of full range cabinets they will contain the following (listed amount per enclosure):

-1 infinity kappa something i dont have the woofer with me right now ill edit this when i do, btw its a 12"

-1 Dayton XO3W-375/3K 3-Way Crossover 375/3,000 Hz

-1 Dayton DC28F-8 1-1/8" Silk Dome Tweeter

-1 Dayton RS150S-8 6" Reference Shielded Woofer 8 Ohm

-1 Dayton SBPP-BL Binding Post Plate Blue Anodized

-1 Dayton BPP-NI Premium Binding Post Pair Nickel

other materials needed:

sheets of 3/4 in MDF

sheets of 1/8 in maple ply

-4 Acoustic Foam 1-1/2" 24" x 18" UL 94

-2 Dayton DSS4-BC Black Chrome Speaker Spike Set 4 Pcs.

-blk grill cloth

now u know the buildin supplys i can try and explain the build... so basically these monsters are goin to be approx. 50x15x18 (HxWxD).. so yea thats why i am calling them the "Big Bois" the "i" instead of the "y" because the big infinity woofer being the source of the bass comin from these monsters.. it will be in the standard woofer setup smallest at the top biggest at the bottom, because the accessive bass i will be puttin to these monsters the mid woofer will be enclosed in its own enclosure in side of the main enclosure.. the tweeter is already sealed in its own little unit so no worries there..

some pics of the products listed..

260-150_s.jpg

275-070_s.jpg

240-715_s.jpg

260-516_s.jpg

295-362_s.jpg

091-604_s.jpg

091-622_s.jpg

ive got some 3D pics to load up as well but there not here..

So basically this is one of the projects on my plate.. but first off let me say i am ex user of CAJ.com previously known as jkaudio.. but back to this thread i am in the process of makin a pair of full range cabinets they will contain the following (listed amount per enclosure):

-1 12" infinity kappa 130w.br

-1 Dayton XO3W-375/3K 3-Way Crossover 375/3,000 Hz

-1 Dayton DC28F-8 1-1/8" Silk Dome Tweeter

-1 Dayton RS150S-8 6" Reference Shielded Woofer 8 Ohm

-1 Dayton SBPP-BL Binding Post Plate Blue Anodized

-1 Dayton BPP-NI Premium Binding Post Pair Nickel

other materials needed:

sheets of 3/4 in MDF

sheets of 1/8 in maple ply

-4 Acoustic Foam 1-1/2" 24" x 18" UL 94

-2 Dayton DSS4-BC Black Chrome Speaker Spike Set 4 Pcs.

-blk grill cloth

now u know the buildin supplys i can try and explain the build... so basically these monsters are goin to be approx. 50x15x18 (HxWxD).. so yea thats why i am calling them the "Big Bois" the "i" instead of the "y" because the big infinity woofer being the source of the bass comin from these monsters.. it will be in the standard woofer setup smallest at the top biggest at the bottom, because the accessive bass i will be puttin to these monsters the mid woofer will be enclosed in its own enclosure in side of the main enclosure.. the tweeter is already sealed in its own little unit so no worries there..

some pics of the products listed..

260-150_s.jpg240-715_s.jpg

260-516_s.jpg275-070_s.jpg

295-362_s.jpg091-604_s.jpg

091-622_s.jpg

ive got some 3D pics to load up as well but there not here..

Untitled.jpgfdssa.jpg

whats the response look like for an enclosure that large for the sub?

well its fairly flat, one of the things i forgot to list was that there will be 2 ports in each enclosure 2" flared ends, down firing.. here is a response graph i have for it.. the left colum is this projuect.. on the yellow line on the graph...

subreflexes.jpg

roll off around 40Hz isn't all that great.

I'd tune lower

yea its about 30-35 i might still, but i have some time to think about it seein i still need to find like 90% of the budget

Since it sounds like you haven't bought anything yet, I'd like to point out I think the reality of what you are building and your goals probably won't line up. Your driver choice and that crossover aren't exactly matches. The RS drivers are not crossover friendly and that crossover isn't really much of a crossover. You would be better off simplifying things and building a two way the first time out. If you truly want to do a three way, I'd encourage you to run the bass bin portion active and just build a crossover for the mid/tweet. I'd also use an easier mid to integrate as well.

First off.

This is not a full range speaker setup, nor should be called one. A full range speaker will have one driver covering the frequency spectrum.