Sign in to follow this  
bigrank916

Al Davis needs to go

Now Im not a Raider fan by any means (Colts baby) but Al Davis has been running his team into the ground. With all these bad free agent pickups and horrible draft picks its no wonder what direction they are heading in. Hell they just cut Jeff Garcia who I know would have outplayed Russell for the starting position just so he can have his first overall pick start without controversy. Now hes done it again. A FIRST round draft pick was traded to New England for defensive end Richard Seymore! Al was once really great at building a franchise and making something out of nothing. Now hes just making nothing out of nothing. Making a move like that for a team like that just doesnt make any sense. Seymore is an aging (30) d lineman who will probably not show up to Oakland without a new phat contract extension. It makes sense for a team knockin on the door of the playoffs that needs the missing piece or two. Not a team that has many, many missing peices.

Now you can call me a Raider hater cause...I am.

But this is just going to far. Im almost starting to feel sorry for you Raider fans out there.

Well...okay...that was a lie!

Edited by bigrank916

And you're just realizing this now? It's been going on for 15+ years.

And you're just realizing this now? It's been going on for 15+ years.

I've known this for awhile. I'm just now posting it. That's all.

Sucks that Seymour got traded to that hell hole. He'll probably be asking for a trade before the season is over. Also, they got rid of Garcia BECAUSE he could compete with Russell, if not win the job. He just wanted to stick with russell (for who knows what reason, he's not a franchise qb) and not have a controversy and a disgruntled Garcia. Davis wants to be the only disgruntled person on the team!

I know what reason. Russell's phat contract is why. What, he's got to be making at least $10-15 mill this year. Versus Garcia who probably would have made about $1-4 mill. Easy decision for ole skeletor. He wants to buy and spend it before he goes, trying to buy the playoffs and and Superbowl. Ain't worked for Snyder and it won't work for Davis. I love the Hall release. He payed him about $8 mill for 6 games I think? That was priceless. :suicide-santa:

Davis' biggest mistake was letting Gruden go!

Hell yeah. That guy is badass. I cant beleive he still doesnt have a job yet. Davis did get a shitload for him though, but then Gruden won the superbowl the same year. :suicide-santa:

To bad the Raiders are my fav. team, I'd really like to see sum happen with this franchise, they just keep hurting themselves, like the OP said, shitty trades, horrible draft picks, and worthless free agents.

They almost pulled it off last night. For a few moments, Russell looked like he had a future.

They almost pulled it off last night. For a few moments, Russell looked like he had a future.

he definitely does.

hes still young and improving.

the raiders d line was doing a good job and it helped him a lot.