Sign in to follow this  
hove

need some idea's for components

hey fellaz.

i need some ideas for a good set of components for the car.

i am running a sax-100.4. what i am looking for is components for the front door and the back door or anything you guys suggest.

i am working with $500 could go more if REALLY needed, cheaper would be great also lol

5-1/4" to biggest 6-3/4" with bracket.

thanks for the help!

Ever thought of going active with that amp?

x2

skip the rear door and run active upfront with the 100.4

Check out rainbow components. Sort of an up-and-coming company but people say they're great quality

they've been on the european market for a long time , great german company ,very solid kicks, smooth tweets and clear mids ....

x2

The best advice given all morning by you two fellas. I went active one month ago and never looked back since then, the sound quality was past impressive. Im trying to get all my friends who have systems are in into them to go active, one is on the verge.

x2

The best advice given all morning by you two fellas. I went active one month ago and never looked back since then, the sound quality was past impressive. Im trying to get all my friends who have systems are in into them to go active, one is on the verge.

if going active is the way to go ill do it! i dont exactly know what that does tho. could one of you teach me or tell me where i can go read up on it and what exactly it does

If this is your first time running components, I might recommend staying with components vs going active. With components everything is matched with proper passive crossover networks.

Best advice is to go out and listen to various component systems at a store(s) near you and see what you like.

The Focal Access line is a decent line to look into.

Good luck

If this is your first time running components, I might recommend staying with components vs going active. With components everything is matched with proper passive crossover networks.

Best advice is to go out and listen to various component systems at a store(s) near you and see what you like.

The Focal Access line is a decent line to look into.

Good luck

i have had components befor in my pervious car's/builds. so i know how components work. i am really intrested in trying something new and i have seen some of the others on here talking about an active set up so i am very intrested in trying something new and learning.

where can i read up on an active setup?

You can search online or in this thread about active and im sure some previous posts will show up. Active is running your speakers bandpassed either using your amp or head unit(equalizer) instead of having a crossover between your speakers and amp, which is passsive or running component sets (your letting your amp or h/u take place of the passive crossover in an active setup).

You can run a 2-way or 3-way setup with an active front stage. The 2-way consist of a tweeter and mid-bass/mid-range depending on your goals taste or performance. The 3-way consist of a tweeter, mid-range and a mid-bass speaker. These speakers can be same brand but most people switch up and buy a tweeter from this company, a mid-range from this company and so on but it doesnt matter it depends on what you like and purchase.

If someone can make this sound better they will chime in, just my .02.

You can search online or in this thread about active and im sure some previous posts will show up. Active is running your speakers bandpassed either using your amp or head unit(equalizer) instead of having a crossover between your speakers and amp, which is passsive or running component sets (your letting your amp or h/u take place of the passive crossover in an active setup).

You can run a 2-way or 3-way setup with an active front stage. The 2-way consist of a tweeter and mid-bass/mid-range depending on your goals taste or performance. The 3-way consist of a tweeter, mid-range and a mid-bass speaker. These speakers can be same brand but most people switch up and buy a tweeter from this company, a mid-range from this company and so on but it doesnt matter it depends on what you like and purchase.

that makes sence to me jay, i apprecheate it!

i am pretty much useing my build for DAILY use, so would a 3 way active upfront be good and just keep the rear stock for just rear fillers or completly turn the rear off?

my main goal is to just have a very good sounding car all together.

i just wanna do it right and have it sound good for daily with mostly rap music playing.

Edited by hove

Unless your sitting in the back seat it is useless to have rear speakers because you wont hear them, just buy you a nice front stage and you will be fine. I took out my rear speakers and it helped with the bass getting in the car since i have my subs in a trunk and it sounds better this way.

Unless your sitting in the back seat it is useless to have rear speakers because you wont hear them, just buy you a nice front stage and you will be fine. I took out my rear speakers and it helped with the bass getting in the car since i have my subs in a trunk and it sounds better this way.

True, try it!

Good luck for your active set up. With $500 you can be good!!!

But don't buy a component set for that. !uy some tweeters and some mid speakers.

Read on here, lots of topics about active setups.

i am pretty much useing my build for DAILY use, so would a 3 way active upfront be good and just keep the rear stock for just rear fillers or completly turn the rear off?

i just wanna do it right and have it sound good for daily with mostly rap music playing.

3way is a bad idea for u, i wouldn't recommend it for a first time active install. do a 2way with a mid and a tweeter for example. there are other things you can do like a mid bass and a fullrange or horns, etc.

u got the sundown 100.4 allready right? that can take care of all the processing. although an in dash unit is hellz easier. other advantages of indash are ussually Time allignment and eq.

3way is a bad idea for u, i wouldn't recommend it for a first time active install. do a 2way with a mid and a tweeter for example. there are other things you can do like a mid bass and a fullrange or horns, etc.

u got the sundown 100.4 allready right? that can take care of all the processing. although an in dash unit is hellz easier. other advantages of indash are ussually Time allignment and eq.

yes i have the 100.4 already. I am gonna go 2way active for my first time that seems like the best way for me.

so whats a good mid and tweet for me to get? my goal with going active is to just beable to have good sound along with the bass i am going to have. i am open to any idea's...

also when i do get my mid and my tweet do i just run them to there own channel on the amp? simple "+ to - " for all 4.

i was thinking for mids i would do MLI-65. My link

thoes look amazing plus i trust all the companys on this site so i would like to keep my money as much as possible to all the companys with are with this fourm and suggestions from you guys

Thanks for all the time and teaching and help guys!

Edited by hove

yes i have the 100.4 already. I am gonna go 2way active for my first time that seems like the best way for me.

so whats a good mid and tweet for me to get? my goal with going active is to just beable to have good sound along with the bass i am going to have. i am open to any idea's...

also when i do get my mid and my tweet do i just run them to there own channel on the amp? simple "+ to - " for all 4.

i was thinking for mids i would do MLI-65. My link

thoes look amazing plus i trust all the companys on this site so i would like to keep my money as much as possible to all the companys with are with this fourm and suggestions from you guys

Thanks for all the time and teaching and help guys!

alot of guys love those mids, and yes you would run each speaker off a channel, so tweets on the front 2 and mids on the back 2. do a search or ask mark, owner of mach 5, what they like to run with the mli's. i think most ppl use a seas tweeter. (i think denim might run them too)

also you are gona want to deaden and seal your doors!! this is very important!!! (do you need this explained more?)

Im a little curious about that? deaden and seal. you mean deaden the inner door skin? or outer? both? also when you say seal would running the sheets of deadener over any cutouts in the inner door skin be enough?

Im a little curious about that? deaden and seal. you mean deaden the inner door skin? or outer? both? also when you say seal would running the sheets of deadener over any cutouts in the inner door skin be enough?

here is some reliable information. showdown

basicly the idea is to reduce resonance of sheet metal, and seal the access holes off to seperate the rear wave of the speaker from the front. the latter prevents cancelation.

then there is the barrier, better explained by the showdown guy.

here is some reliable information. showdown

basicly the idea is to reduce resonance of sheet metal, and seal the access holes off to seperate the rear wave of the speaker from the front. the latter prevents cancelation.

then there is the barrier, better explained by the showdown guy.

i was planing on useing second skin all over my door. will that be fine?