How much wire should i purchase from knukonceptz for the big 3? and should i get the 0 gauge or will the 4 gauge be just as good? I have a 12" fi bl on a sundown saz 1500d in a 2 cuft box tuned to 35.5hz. thanks

How much wire should i purchase from knukonceptz for the big 3? and should i get the 0 gauge or will the 4 gauge be just as good? I have a 12" fi bl on a sundown saz 1500d in a 2 cuft box tuned to 35.5hz. thanks

Take measurements from each of the spots you will be upgrading, that is really the best way to figure it out. IIRC I only used ~ 10ft of 1/0 welding cable for my big 3.

As for the size, anything bigger than the stock wiring is beneficial but personally I would go with 1/0 for the pure advantage of a bigger channel for the current to run through and if you want to upgrade any further you will already have the current carrying capability.

Just get a tape measurer or some wiring you have laying around and see how much you need it shouldnt be that hard (measure positive terminal of battery to alternator positive terminal-wire #1, measure from alternator negative terminal to cars frame-wire #2, measure from battery negative terminal to cars frame-wire #3).

ground yout starting with as much 1/0 as possible, same for your alternator too!

Run 1-2 runs from your alt to your battery.

I know this is overkill for your install but voltage drop will be at it's least and so will resistance.

10-15ft if only one run for the big 3, but if you want to double it up get about 25ft and some fuse holders with 350amp fuses!! and take some pics!

heres my big 3, you wont need as much ground as you do power wire in my case

DSC00878.jpg

DSC00879.jpg

DSC00882.jpg

DSC00883.jpg

also save some money and make your own terminals out of some copper tubing ^^

That's pretty Ghetto ^

Unless you soldered the wire into that copper, your chances of it slipping out of that are pretty high.

wow... i thought i was gonna be alright just using left over 4awg wire... cheap wire at that... I guess I should cough up the $4/ft for some 0awg... although how good is the knuconcept stuff?

Edited by djspawn00

wow... i thought i was gonna be alright just using left over 4awg wire... cheap wire at that... I guess I should cough up the $4/ft for some 0awg... although how good is the knuconcept stuff?

Check out sonicelectronixs.com for their Kicker 1/0 amp kit. Its about $120 with a crapload of stuff. Very good value.

@ DJ, it's pretty great only 1.75/ft somewhat flexible but it works quite well.

@Johnecon2001: i've been doing this for a very long time and they have never come undone you have to use a vise to get it very tight, then tape it very well, none of my terminals have come undone, the ones that have were the ones i actually bought from a store.

@ bigrank916: i got 38ft of 1/0 gauge wire from KnuKonceptz for 83 dollars with shipping.