spbfitz

mono amps

The all new Kronos is a 2 channel amplifier that can be run at 8 ohms or 4 ohms mono, with ratted out put at 500 and 1000 watts respectively.

Not currently in production that I know of.

A lot of the amplifers that zed made dont go below 2 ohm. He doest not believe in the low impedances cause it is harsh on the amps. How much power are you looking for and i can make a list for ya??

The all new Kronos is a 2 channel amplifier that can be run at 8 ohms or 4 ohms mono, with ratted out put at 500 and 1000 watts respectively.

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but how much sound quality do you feel you would lose running the Kronos in a 2 ohm Load? I have a pair of dual 4 ohm subs that would either give me 2 x 500 watts @ 2 ohms or 125 watts x 2 @ 8 ohms. It would be closer to 150 watts though per side at clip according to Mr. Mantz .who says the Kronos will do about 300 watts per channel / 4 ohm at clip or 150 watts per channel @8 ohm at clip. Not sure about how much loss in sound quality would be on the subwoofers, but it sure would be nice to use the smaller amp. :fing34:

Edited by JWPOORE

Sorry to jump in on this thread, but how much sound quality do you feel you would lose running the Kronos in a 2 ohm Load? I have a pair of dual 4 ohm subs that would either give me 2 x 500 watts @ 2 ohms or 125 watts x 2 @ 8 ohms. It would be closer to 150 watts though per side at clip according to Mr. Mantz .who says the Kronos will do about 300 watts per channel / 4 ohm at clip or 150 watts per channel @8 ohm at clip. Not sure about how much loss in sound quality would be on the subwoofers, but it sure would be nice to use the smaller amp. :fing34:

If I understand you correctly, why not run the Kronos at 4 ohm mono?

4 4 + 4 4

2 + 2

4 ohm mono.

If I understand you correctly, why not run the Kronos at 4 ohm mono?

4 4 + 4 4

2 + 2

4 ohm mono.

I wasn't aware that I could run it that way, If so, they that would for sure be the method I would chose. Mr. Mantz did not give me that option when I emailed him. He only gave me the 2 x 2 ohm route or the 2 x 8 ohm route. If there is someway to confirm that the 4 ohm mono is an option, then I have finally found my ideal amp for size, power and great quality.

The Manual gives the option of wiring it mono at 8 or 4 ohms.

Well i have 2 15" level 4 xl's and my current amps r to small what do you think would be the best choice

Here are the ones I could find...

Hifonics colossus VIII -- 1800 watts @ 4ohms

Hifonics zeus VI - VIII -- 900 @ 4ohms

lanzar 1000.1d -- 1000 @ 1ohm

rodek 2300i -- 900 @ 4ohms

Us Acoustics usa2300 -- 900 @ 4ohms

Well i have 2 15" level 4 xl's and my current amps r to small what do you think would be the best choice

Here are the ones I could find...

Hifonics colossus VIII -- 1800 watts @ 4ohms

Hifonics zeus VI - VIII -- 900 @ 4ohms

lanzar 1000.1d -- 1000 @ 1ohm

rodek 2300i -- 900 @ 4ohms

Us Acoustics usa2300 -- 900 @ 4ohms

You forgot the HiFonics Son of Colossus Generation X which the manual shows 1100 watts @ 2 ohms. :coolugh:

There are a few Lanzar Opti's in the classifieds sections.