Sign in to follow this  
alpha0915

Planning to get a new sub

Hello IA Teams,

I am planning to get a new sub woofer next month. I would like to try your DP 12"

I would like to know if it is ok to put a 2000watts amplifier to it? with stock alternator 70A and a D3100 under my hood? ( I will replace the stock battery and no extra battery in my trunk) do you think that I will be facing a problem in the future or my current electrical setup will damage my equipment?

Is it also possible that I put it in a 6th order bandpass tuned in series? I listen mostly to rap music and I don't have any plans in competing. I will put it in a trunk, because I have read an article that one characteristic of bandpass is that bass sound will easily travel inside the sedan cabin. If 6th order are not applicable, what is the best box enclosure for my requirement? and possible box volume with tuning frequency.

You don't have enough electrical system capacity to run 2,000 watts. You will likely have problems with voltage drop, which will shut off your amp and could possibly damage it.

Also, different box types don't have an affect on how well the sound travels into the cabin. That is largely dependant on your vehicle and how you orient the subs/ports.

IA has enclosure recommendations under the Tech tab on their website.

Thank you for that very useful information. What do you suggest for my electricals? Big 3, additional battery at my trunk for extra power and 150A alternator? Which one should I do first? I am a little bit budget constraint right now so I need to schedule all my upgrades.

For the enclosure I am looking at a different enclose from the rest of my team. They are all using vented/ported enclosure. I would like to try 4th or 6th order bandpass. Any comments on that?

What amplifier are you going to use?

I'd start by looking for a larger alternator. But chances are you will need an additional battery as well.

If you do a bandpass you can fire the ports straight up through the back deck. if you do that and seal off the deck around it, that will ensure that all of the sound gets into the cabin.

What amplifier are you going to use?

I'd start by looking for a larger alternator. But chances are you will need an additional battery as well.

If you do a bandpass you can fire the ports straight up through the back deck. if you do that and seal off the deck around it, that will ensure that all of the sound gets into the cabin.

I am planning to use SAZ 2000D.

I will get a 150A alternator and a battery. My question is, is it ok to use to different battery? let say I have a brand A under my hood and Brand B in my trunk to support the sound electrical requirements.? Note that two different brands with different amps capacity. Do it have any effect in charging the two battery? Does the system will first charge the battery with higher amps? etc.

Ok I will try to read more on how to build a bandpass enclosure.

Thanks!

You may want to look at something in the 200amp range on your alt. Also I would really do the "big 3" first. Two different batteries won't hurt. Good Luck!

You may want to look at something in the 200amp range on your alt. Also I would really do the "big 3" first. Two different batteries won't hurt. Good Luck!

Thank you Oldskool_08

Is it ok to have a regular 200amp alternator or do I need a HO alternator like iraggi, stinger etc?

Thanks!

The big 3 will help out a lot, just be sure to run 0 gauge.

true true 100% agree :coolugh: