Sign in to follow this  
socialstealth

Should I use my SAE1200 or SAZ1500?

I'm planning on buying a 15'' DC lvl 4 sub (1000 rms, though underrated)

Not sure if I want to have it ported or sealed yet.

Its a daily driver, No competitions or anything like that.

I have an SAE 1200d and an SAZ1500

Which one do you guys think I should use to power my sub?

I don't plan to upgrade from this, and I will never strap on another amp.

I have a pretty weak electrical so If one is more efficient than the other please let me know.

Is the SAZ worth the extra money for my application?

I'm going to be selling the one I decide not to use.

For your application I'd use the SAE. If you were planning on upgrading I'd say to use something else but your not.

For your application I'd use the SAE. If you were planning on upgrading I'd say to use something else but your not.

x2, the SAE-1200 shoud suit your needs perfectly and good luck.

Edited by jay-cee

In my opinion id use the saz-1500 much better amp and far more efficient. not to say a sae-1200 isn't good but if you have both already there shouldn't be any problem selling the 1200 for the extra cash.

Since you're attempting to apparently sell a saz1500 I would assume you already have it. In which case I'd just keep it. makes no sense to sell it and get a less powerful amp for probably the same money as what you'd sell the saz for.

Since you're attempting to apparently sell a saz1500 I would assume you already have it. In which case I'd just keep it. makes no sense to sell it and get a less powerful amp for probably the same money as what you'd sell the saz for.

I have both amps, an SAE 1200 and an SAZ 1500.

the sae is in my car the saz is in the box on my couch in my living room.

SAE sells for about $200 SAZ for $350

(both new not refurb)

Is the SAZ worth the extra $150 ?

Is the SAE more 'power hungry' than the SAZ?

I think I may sell the SAZ, because I just got it new and I might be able to get more for it. I've already been using the SAE for a few months and it has a few hairline scratches on the top of it.

Yes it is worth the extra money, all of the SAZ series are worth it.

Its a far more efficient design. It makes far more power than the sae-1200d at the same time it does it at lower voltages.

The SAZ is a more solidly built amplifier and has a couple more features, but there's nothing wrong with the SAE series at all. You can make them both put out the same amount of power, up until about 1200 watts or so, which is the most clean power the SAE will make. Since you have a 1000 watt sub, either will be fine and you likely won't gain much if anything from the extra power that the SAZ is capable of.

The difference of the efficiencies of the two when outputting 1000 watts is likely negligeble. When you're already pulling 120 amps, what's an extra 5 if that's what the difference is?

Just flip a coin, choose the one that looks better, sell the SAZ if you need more money now, or decide by some other arbitrary reason, it won't matter much.

I'd probably choose the SAZ, just because it's the higher line and has a little more headroom.

I think I remember reading somewhere that the SAE 1200 can put out close to 1500w?

Is that true? or am I thinking of the SAE.v2 ?

From what people tell me, the DC lvl 4 likes 1500w rms, but is rated 1000w rms for insurance purposes.

I think I'll just keep whichever one doesn't sell first.

Anyone want to buy a SAZ1500 or SAE 1200 ?

Is there a power test for the SAE 1200? I saw one for the SAZ 1500 but I can't seem to find the SAE's. I'd like to compare the efficiencies.

Instead of making a new thread... What cross over functions do the sax125.2, sax100.4, and sax50.4 have? and what are the specs on the sax50.4 when bridged?

I want to have a 3-way active front stage using a combination of sundown amps, are the crossovers on the amps good enough?

and....does anyone think using an 8'' sundown woofer for midbass in a custom made door pod is a good idea?...

i say use the saz. its a good amp.

y dont u hook up the 1500d and see which one u like better.

Edited by iputon326

I haven't bought a sub yet...and I'm starting to change my mind on which sub to buy... :(

can anyone chim in some info on the last post here:

I haven't bought a sub yet...and I'm starting to change my mind on which sub to buy... :(

which subs are you deciding between?

which subs are you deciding between?

Well originally I was thinking a 15'' lvl 4 DC, I found a 12'' lvl 4 DC for $225 so I might go with that....But I'm starting to think that instead of getting a 225$ sub I could settle for something cheaper and put that money towards a better front stage.

I really don't know what I should get........could you help me out? heres some info from another post of mine:

I want to be able to feel the music INSIDE me!

Bands like senses fail, rise against, devil wears prada, Thursday, from first to last, the used, my chemical romance, system of a down, armor for sleep, sky eats airplane, alesana, escape the fate, a day to remember, breaking benjamin, and a few lighter pop things like mayday parade, all time low, metro station, panic at the disco, etc.

Those are the top bands I listen to. What kind of setup do you guys think would suit me?

I have a kenwood excelon kdc x790 headunit.

And a sundown SAE 1200 amp.

I'm going to fiberglass new door panels and a new dash, so anything will fit.

Looking to spend as little as possible, I'd put the max at $1000, but less is more. And I'm willing to buy things used.

I'm starting to rethink the sub idea, maybe the DC lvl 4 is a bit overkill for my application.

What do you guys think?

Sign in to follow this