seanmartin3

What Box for SSD 12"

Ok so i got 2 12" SSD Subs and i was wondering if anyone

could post me a link on what kind of box i should get with them.

Ported or Sealed. Just let me know

Depends on your goals. I like mine in 2.5cubes tuned @ 32hz .

when you say normal dual ported box, do you mean a prefab you buy from car toys or something? if so then the answer is probably a no, ive seen some prefab boxes before, that were either real shy on the port area, or just had real high tuning frequencies, or...

best to build/have built a custom box so it fits the vehicle better and works with the subs better.

and sealed should be more accurate to an extent, but a good ported box sounds just fine and will be louder.

i mean like what would for best sounding and louest. also would like a normal dual 12 inch ported box be good and loud enouh?

Those two do not happen at the same time, unless you have some compromise. And what is normal to you? Did you look at the Fi box suggestions in the Technical Fi section here?

Ok im going to get a ported box from a car audio place. Also like when i mean will the dual 12 inch box be big enough. Will the Sub Holes be able to fit the subs. Or will the sub holes in the box be to small?

Ok im going to get a ported box from a car audio place. Also like when i mean will the dual 12 inch box be big enough. Will the Sub Holes be able to fit the subs. Or will the sub holes in the box be to small?

Is there a reason why you would not want to design and build your own box?

Im new to building boxes. So i have no expierience in doing so. It would be much easier to just buy a really good box. Anyone have any really good ported boxes in mind?

Seriously? :Doh:

I have used 2 different ported boxes and 1 sealed. I personally hated the sealed.

if you like some boom, i would go with FI's recomended specs. I listen to rock with lots of double bass and i can't stand muddy. So a slightly undersized and tuned higher box is what I am using now.