porkchop

Chops subwoofer.

Okay this is what I am going to worjing with for a little while;

2009 WMD215R D1 T/S parameters in series :

FS 25 hz..............( was told after break in 24hz. is better number)

Qms 4.3

Vas 3.7 cft

mms 368 g

re 2 ohms

Qes .52

SPL 87 db SPL 1w/1m

pdia 330.2 mm

Qts .46

Le 1.2

BL 15

......................(found this for xmax) (Xmax is around .75" and Xmech is 1.5"(FYI both parameters are 1 way) So 3" total throw.)

I found this sub on another site, used, $200 bucks shipped and insured.

After I had purchased the sub I learned there is some controversy amongst the folks building it and some of our guys on here, I feel the need to just throw a mention of that out there. If you plan on buying directly fom these folks perhaps a little research should be done. I have not had a chance to test thier product, however I know I got my sub at about half the price that they are asking for it. upon opening the box and pulling out the sub, well, it is a big boy! the shipping weight is 55.2 lbs. , they say it is 880oz. ,sturdy, never the less.

"These subs are recomended for low tuning 35 hz and down and are geared for extreme low end responce not higher frequency SPL applications. box size can range from 2.5 ft^3 - 5 ft^3 ported and sealed boxed are not recomended. MSRP = $400 each."

from their sight.

wmd2r15.jpg

this is one of thier pictures of the 15"

Image-6.jpg

this is the only pic i got of it so far.

09WMD2_15_3.jpg

I am guessing some of you like these type of pics, so here it is.

so, this sub purchase was from an attraction to get low, I am all for loud and will be attempting that even better in the future, currently though, I am guessing that if I put 1600 watts of my Sundown SAZ-3000D behind this sub and build the t-line enclosure for it, I will have enough loud for me as well as low!

I will post up some additional pictures of the sub in a week or so. I hope to spend the next few days studying t-line enclosures. If I am up on my game correctly so far, I will need the 1/4 wave of my fs (24hz.) to be around 11.77 feet! that is quite the port length right there! the port area is said to want to be the same as the sd (cone area), of my sub, uh if my math is correct, that is 132.665" sqaure inches! Wow! that is a big ol' port now! I will be inverting my sub, I have always liked this style. I am still trying to figure if i want port mouth to fire to the side or up, along with the sub firing up as well.

Thanks for you input,

chop.

good luck with the t line, where have you been reading up on them? ive been considering trying one myself...

T-line's don't really make any sense in vehicles. For home use sure, but not so much in a car.

T-line's don't really make any sense in vehicles. For home use sure, but not so much in a car.

tell me more, what aspects do they have that seem to take away from their sensibility of being in a vehicle? I know thier size is ackward, however if I am doing the math right it will fit in the manner in which is appealing to me. I have read of their steep roll off below tunning and the response seems to go away somewhat quickly on the top end as well, I was thinking that the low tunning I would be having it aat would do nicely, not thinking that i would be going lower, and the other end , others have mentioned, I beleive that my mid bass would be ablle to begin to pick up. keeping in mind that I am only stabbing at this, I do not have any real data or test material to back my thoughts as of yet. ///M , considering myself geared toward ground pounding, what would your suggestion be, or if it is just the T-line is not your thing, what factors should I be aware of that might take away from my set-up? glad to see you dropping in on this, there is alot of aspects to it I want to understand. man some of those home audio t-lines are insane builds. read up briefly on them as well, skipping all the big words, lol.

thanks chop

Chop, you better drive up here to Lafayette and let me help you build that. :fing34: I've always wanted to build one. Maybe we can learn together.

So, how ya been?

Chop, you better drive up here to Lafayette and let me help you build that. :fing34: I've always wanted to build one. Maybe we can learn together.

So, how ya been?

buddy, i did not know you lived up there, i was up there several times a month over the summer. do you frequent Sound Check any? hell, i'll have to take you up on that offer. lol

to answer the other, perhaps just take a look in some of these threads, i been bounceing off the walls........things stay crazy it seems like, i mean like all year. 'sigh'

hey i will pm you,

chop

sub, amp, design, and a buddy wanting to help with the build, ....hhmmmm, sounds like this might go somewhere!

really, also, i am looking at another enclosure a guy already has built, matches everything i need, so that would give me two boxes to compare and review, test, whatever....should be pretty cool.

...... do you frequent Sound Check any?

Dude, I live there. My nick name there is "Tony Fu@k!ng Stewart".

Their old installer (Eric) called me that because every time I would show up I was wearing Stewart apparel. Lucky me, the wife kicks me out and tells me to go there just about every Tuesday. I hang out at the one on Farabee, not the newer one on the corner of SR 26 and Creasy. So if you ever go there and state the name in that EXACT way, they'll know.

LMK

...... do you frequent Sound Check any?

Dude, I live there. My nick name there is "Tony Fu@k!ng Stewart".

Their old installer (Eric) called me that because every time I would show up I was wearing Stewart apparel. Lucky me, the wife kicks me out and tells me to go there just about every Tuesday. I hang out at the one on Farabee, not the newer one on the corner of SR 26 and Creasy. So if you ever go there and state the name in that EXACT way, they'll know.

LMK

Ha Ha , well I tell you what, just ask ol' RP who the hotdog eating champ for 2009 was, at the last sound-off!!! lmao,

you will see hanks truck in here, he has the same mids and highs that cooper has, of coarse it is just off the charts, also the build log for 'pink' is in here, pretty sure lotties mug is in there.

i wish i would of known, they know me by porkchop, but then who don't, hell even mom calls me that, lol.

so was you at the sound off? we were all over the place!

I like the old shop the best, that is where i use to take the 'ol beater" , my F150 build, (you seen on cs), we have been going up there off and on for several years.

Dang, that is crazy,

chop

Yea I was there. I didn't realize you were there. That suck. Could've met in person for the first time. If you saw a guy wearing a white T that had the PG logo on the back and said phoenixphorum.com, that was me.

I was just there yesterday, wife told me to go :drink40: . I didn't know they knew you that well. My truck was parked across the street at ardvark where we weren't supposed to park next to the semi trailer that was at the loading dock. For the comp I helped set up and spent most of the time sitting in the install bay that was open and next to or ON Coopers truck. I don't know if you saw the #14 camping chair there, that was mine. Tony Stewart baby!

Hotdog eating contest for the kids

DSC03662.jpg

DSC03661.jpg

DSC03653.jpg

Edited by smgreen20

lmao, what a fail that was........could of been 10 times better.....dammit we goofed on that one! lol.

i wish i had my cord for the camera, probably got your mug in some of my photos! lol

lmao, what a fail that was........could of been 10 times better.....dammit we goofed on that one! lol.

i wish i had my cord for the camera, probably got your mug in some of my photos! lol

haha davids pickin his nose or sumin.

omg lmao i missed that the first time....this is golden!

you know david, but i am not sure i know you>>>>>hi, i'm chop. :fing34:

I'm in the middle pic, standing next to David (blue hat picking nose) LMAO. I didn't realize I was that damn big. Haha.

i need that usb cord for our camera so bad!

>easy big fellar< lmao..... :drink40:

omg lmao i missed that the first time....this is golden!

you know david, but i am not sure i know you>>>>>hi, i'm chop. :fing34:

haha yea im kelsey. lol yea i got a girls name i no.

i used to hang with mikey and jordan all the time.

right on, well good to meet you, and again, thanks for pointing out the "boogah picker" lmao ha ha ha fing05.gif

uh, the name, my old best friend was ashley ? so it's all good.

right on, well good to meet you, and again, thanks for pointing out the "boogah picker" lmao ha ha ha fing05.gif

uh, the name, my old best friend was ashley ? so it's all good.

yea nice meeting you to man.

haha and no problem bout the booger picker.

i thought it was pretty funny myself.

I have the same PG shirt. :)

:Doh::Doh::Doh:

:shrug::shrug::shrug:

well now i am back to he drawing board!

just found out my sub is dual 2's.

so i will either be 1 or 4 ohm, so goodbye simple little 1600 watts in a t-line....

my amp will have to be at the 1 ohm. so here comes 3k @ it. not so good for a t-line.

so i will keep the gains / volume knobs at bay, but now I gotta re-think this whole enclosure thing.

too much math and reading for a big ol' dummy, lol

oh, he also offered the info that it has a stiffer spider, so i guess that is good to know. :wacky:

I have the same PG shirt. :)

I know you do. :)

When I go to car audio shows, I represent! PG baby! Boy Denim, you sure do know how to confuse.

Denim was replying to the post I made about describing myself and the shirt I was wearing.

I went to school w/a guy named Ashley too. He was a wrestler and beat me in a match, 9 to 6.