kingmade08

fi ssd power handling

what options would i need to get on my fi ssd 12,s to make them handle 1100 a piece

Glad you could join us, but did you read the noob posting guidelines (can we get some more information from you).

what options would i need to get on my fi ssd 12,s to make them handle 1100 a piece

Glad you could join us, but did you read the noob posting guidelines (can we get some more information from you).

sure =] im a full time student/full time employee i have had several systems and ive been screwed over by enuff car audio shops that im learning to do it all myself,im looking to run a pair of fi ssd 12s on a sundown saz 2000d my electrical consists of 135 amp alternator ,yellow top batt,and kinetik hc 600 in the rear. im new to this forum but am a regular on realm of excursion,and frequent the *** forum.im not terribly noobish =]

You may want to jump up to the BL line for that kind of power.

For the SSD - I would get the flatwound coil upgrade

Here is the link for the SSD and options....

I think the ssd's would be fine but i would put the Bp power option on them.

But how come u decided to use the ssd line over the rest of their subs??

Also what are you trying to accomplish with your system??

Edited by sqjeep

Dude, don't hesitate on putting 1000 watts to the SSD. I have two 10" SSDs with bp and copper coils and about 1000 watts to each daily. They take the power like champs, never got hot at all in 2-3 hours of testing. I am about to put 1500+ watts to each soon after I install my high output alternator. I will have to do some testings to see how long they last. I also have the box built to the highest recommended size. I think they can handle more power if I make the volume a little less.

I think you may want to upgrade that kinetiks battery though. Its a little small for the 2000d. Also, the big 3 will help you some. And if you want loud then get flatwind coils instead of copper. I bought mine used so the owner had copper coil options for sound quality.

Edited by phi

i just have the copper coil and giving my 15 ssd a lil over a 1000. Just have to watch out and know what your doing

Read up on the options linked above, and follow Fi suggestions and you will be good as long as you are smart with your amp gains.

im not so much into getting as all out loud as i can,i would like it to sound good as well,gains will be set moderatley by an o-scope and ill prlly never use the gain knob its between a loaded ssd or a bare q for me at this point,ive had this amp on my electrical before and it only drops to 12.9 volts full tilt. thanks guys!!

The SSD is a great subwoofer. A friend of mine has an 18" with flatwound coil and BP option and it sounds great and is loud. He is running it off an older Mmats DHC1400.2.

SSD with BP and or flat coils would be more money in your pocket., its your choice. i love mine ssd 15.