bigrank916

bigrank916 MLI-65 project

Im really loving the sound of that BTL in that 10ft^3 after displacements to be honest with you, that is what I would do next and flex that Silverado to pieces. You have a few projects ahead of you but for the second one I would decide what speakers you want to do with the geo and do that one second.

Ive been thinking about doing the BTL the most too. Getting a router and rounding all the top edges. Really doing it nice with an interesting coating of some sort also.

The geo door pods really should be second to agree with you. Its dying for some midbass/midrange/tweeter upgrades. Might have to email Mark at Mach5 for another set or two of MLI65s!wink.gif

Im really loving the sound of that BTL in that 10ft^3 after displacements to be honest with you, that is what I would do next and flex that Silverado to pieces. You have a few projects ahead of you but for the second one I would decide what speakers you want to do with the geo and do that one second.

Ive been thinking about doing the BTL the most too. Getting a router and rounding all the top edges. Really doing it nice with an interesting coating of some sort also.

The geo door pods really should be second to agree with you. Its dying for some midbass/midrange/tweeter upgrades. Might have to email Mark at Mach5 for another set or two of MLI65s!wink.gif

I just emailed Mark two seconds ago asking him is the price still the same to get them shipped to my zip code, and how do I go about paying (I need 3 more to complete my install).

You did an excellent job. Way to jump right in and make it work. :drink40: Hell, here's another :drink40:

Thank you for sharing your progress. You have given me the courage to try this myself, once it warms up. LOL!

I just emailed Mark two seconds ago asking him is the price still the same to get them shipped to my zip code, and how do I go about paying (I need 3 more to complete my install).

In a recent email with Mark myself, he stated they are $39.60 each, including shipping. I dont know if that was to my zip though because he didnt say. By the way he worded it, it was a general price, I think.

It is still $39.60 each which includes shipping.

In a recent email with Mark myself, he stated they are $39.60 each, including shipping. I dont know if that was to my zip though because he didnt say. By the way he worded it, it was a general price, I think.

It is still $39.60 each which includes shipping.

That is the price in Canadian Dollars I believe because I got mine from SSA for $36 with shipping.

You did an excellent job. Way to jump right in and make it work. trink40.gif Hell, here's another trink40.gif

Thank you for sharing your progress. You have given me the courage to try this myself, once it warms up. LOL!

I appreciate it.smile.gif

Ive been getting inspired since the first time I visited this site. Glad to hear Im giving back. Everything helps for the next guy!thanx.gif

Today I decided to use some damplifier on my pass door. I didnt go as ape shit as I did on the driver door but its still too much I assume. Instead of removing all the window guts and completely lining the inside, I just slid the window assembly down a little and patched on what I could. I used up the rest of my first 30ft2 package of damplifier lite.

Then I did a test fit to make sure they fit well and to see how it looks.

Cleaned up door for second skin

100_0001-3.jpg

I had some annoying metal vibrating with the panel off on this side. This sure fixed that.

101_0239.jpg

A look inside the door.

101_0240.jpg

101_0241.jpg

101_0242.jpg

Attached the pod with some 2" industrial velcro from the depot. Holding real solid. Better than I thought actually.

101_0248.jpg

Test fitting the panel on the door.

101_0244.jpg

101_0246.jpg

101_0245.jpg

Looks great, and still plenty of space for your leg.

Looks great, and still plenty of space for your leg.

Thank you. I actually have a ton of room still. I moved my thigh out of the way for a good picture so its not in my way whatsoever. They could be bigger if I feel the need to make new ones when my system goals change.

During a rain break yesterday, I wired the passenger door with some 12ga Knuconceptz Klear Kable. Didnt order enough so I put in for some more yesterday.

I also replaced an old RF 2 channel rca wire that I used with Y splitters for the SAX100.4. I used two pair of Knu IXOS 2 channel rcas that also stretch the proper length now. The RF barely extended out of the floor trim.

Thisbull.gify rain has got me jones'n to get this finished!!! Uugghh.

You did an awesome job on your pods! Are you still planing on active?

You did an awesome job on your pods! Are you still planing on active?

thanx.gif

Yes Im going active. Using the SAX100.4 with the 6.5s on channel 1&2 and the tweeters on channels 3&4. Going to try and cross the mids around 40-50ish.

A little more speaker wire, which should be here on Mon or Tues, and I should be ready for installing the panels.

bananaDance.gif

Speaker wire got here sooner than expected so I got to work. Worked out great because it wasnt raining today either.

Wired the driver door and put the panels back on.

100_0001_00-1.jpg

100_0002_00-1.jpg

Couldnt get the tweeters to come on at all though. Flipped through the crossover settings and not a peep. The mids are working great although they needs some adjustment.

I used butt connectors to attach the new wire to the speaker wire exiting from the pod and Im sure they havent come loose. They were very tight.

Something is up but not quite sure what it is. No matter what I did, the tweeters would never make a sound. Pretty frustrating actually. trippy.gif I'll have to check it out in the daylight.

It is probably just something small, that is one thing I hate about installs sometimes (they tend to never go flawlessly, there is always a small troubleshooting step you must do). Good luck with finding what the issue is.

Checked out the tweeters and they dont work anymore! Plugged them into a couple different amps and receivers...nothing. Worked perfect, the last time they were playing in their mock enclosures. They were super cheap so Im not really out too much. Just wish I knew why they dont work anymore.

Have some Vifa textile dome tweeters on backorder through parts-express but it was pushed back again. Now I will miss my shipping deadline for the Autorama this coming weekend. Oh well, I guess I'll just be a spectator.:(

sorry about your health bro...... hope you get to feeling better soon.

chop

sorry about your health bro...... hope you get to feeling better soon.

chop

Thanks a lot Chop. It came on fast and its leaving the same way hopefully. Today is the best Ive felt since Thursday of last week.

Now if we can get parts-express to move as fast as my fever, Id be happenin!

Checked out the tweeters and they dont work anymore! Plugged them into a couple different amps and receivers...nothing. Worked perfect, the last time they were playing in their mock enclosures. They were super cheap so Im not really out too much. Just wish I knew why they dont work anymore.

Have some Vifa textile dome tweeters on backorder through parts-express but it was pushed back again. Now I will miss my shipping deadline for the Autorama this coming weekend. Oh well, I guess I'll just be a spectator.sad.gif

"Dont work anymore!" "super cheap" "Just wish I knew why they dont work anymore?" LOL man, your cracken' me up!laugh.gif

Sounds like you got some sweet textile one's comin' anywho.

I wish I lived near a MothaFuckin' car show.

Have some Vifa textile dome tweeters on backorder through parts-express but it was pushed back again. Now I will miss my shipping deadline for the Autorama this coming weekend. Oh well, I guess I'll just be a spectator.sad.gif

"Dont work anymore!" "super cheap" "Just wish I knew why they dont work anymore?" LOL man, your cracken' me up!laugh.gif

Sounds like you got some sweet textile one's comin' anywho.

I wish I lived near a MothaFuckin' car show.

Ya, I was thinking the same thing too! You get what you pay for. They do suck but I was wondering on a technical aspect of why they croaked. Worked one minute...dead the next. oh well.

Actually just some basic ones. Vifa Hope they work better than the others! Plus now that I look at it online, it says even longer than the lady on the phone told me today. WTF?

The Autorama is the ONLY one all year that is dbDrag around here. Its always pretty large and we need more than one! Those mid western and east coast boys got it locked!

my stereotype of the west coast is so much off of what you are saying.......

i would of had it pegged as a ton of smaller circuit shows and sound offs all the time....

we have enough here in hoosier land, (IN.), (famous for corn!), too keep busy 10 months out of the year with a little efforst and some driving.

:shrug: