Sign in to follow this  
bdawg8527

orderering Btl 18

Ok, this is going to be my first setup, and im not big on doing anything normal, i want stuff that makes people go WOW. So im deciding to get a Btl 18. At first i thought about 2, but have about 1200-1600$ to spend atm and figured 1 is fine. so i have quite a few questions as this being my first build. Im probably going to put this in my back seat. I have a 2001 grand am 2 door and figure i can remove the seat and do a nice rear seat/ trunk box for room. and so i can still use my trunk.

1. whats the difference between dual 1 or dual 2 ohm.

2. Is a Hifonics bxi2008d good enough to power my 1 Btl? if u recomend a better amp for about same price please let me know.

3. how much cubic feet should i make the box, and ported or not? any diagrams of good boxes would be appreciated.

4. Should i really upgrade my eletrical? ive herd a few options around school. adding a battery, using a few caps, or a new alternator. which would be best, and then which would be ok/cheapest.

more questions to come im sure

Edited by bdawg8527

Need more information!!

check out sundownaudio.com SAZ 2000d amp

yes u will have to upgrade your electrical

Ok, this is going to be my first setup, and im not big on doing anything normal, i want stuff that makes people go WOW. So im deciding to get a Btl 18. At first i thought about 2, but have about 1200-1600$ to spend atm and figured 1 is fine. so i have quite a few questions as this being my first build. Im probably going to put this in my back seat. I have a 2001 grand am 2 door and figure i can remove the seat and do a nice rear seat/ trunk box for room. and so i can still use my trunk.

1. whats the difference between dual 1 or dual 2 ohm.

2. Is a Hifonics bxi2008d good enough to power my 1 Btl? if u recomend a better amp for about same price please let me know.

3. how much cubic feet should i make the box, and ported or not? any diagrams of good boxes would be appreciated.

4. Should i really upgrade my eletrical? ive herd a few options around school. adding a battery, using a few caps, or a new alternator. which would be best, and then which would be ok/cheapest.

more questions to come im sure

I would start with something a lot simpler and smaller...... just to get your feet wet.

But if you insist, you will need at least 100 AH of additional battery storage. BTL subs can only be effectively used in ported enclosures at least 5 cubic feet. Sundown Audio make high quality, reasonably priced amps and I would go with them. You would need to go with the dual 2 sub so you could run the wires parallel to the amp and have a load of 1 ohm.

This is quite a big build for a first one : a huge 18" BTL !!!

Did you think about front speakers and amp : with that bass you won't be able to listen to your speakers. They need an amp and an upgrade.

Your budget seems too small for such instal :sub + amps + speakers + wiring + batteries + box + dampening materials + accessories + ...

I hope you will build everything on your own, because a shop will charge you a lot of money for all that.

when i first did my system last year i thought i was doing something cheap and simple. it ended up bein a lot of work and more money then i thought. and that was only 1 12. i cant imagine doin everything your wanting for the price your thinking. id tone it down a little but thats just me. if its what you REALLY want, go for it

the good thing about you doing a system this good is ur not going to have to go back and change ur equipment and end up spending more money

ok, ive bought my fi btl, and my 200 amp alternator. and i still have about 900 in paypal. so that leaves 900 on amp, wire, and extra battery. ill be making the box at a family members wood shop. he does custom fabrication wood with many profiles and specials in arched wood. so i should be fine making a cusotm box lol. but what type of amp. im thinking sundown but cant find any on ebay. and what box, and i know 0 gauge wiring, but any kits someone would reccomend? still looking. and yea ill have to do my front speakers, just working on the bass now and ill be redoing those later. not as expensive as the main sub and i can live without amazing quality for a little as i make this.

I use Knuconceptz wiring for all my install and its reasonably priced for diff types of wiring and there rcas are damn good as far as clarity and noise Just remember to fuse whats needs to be ... as far as that beautiful BTl you wont regret it ..Just one warning its gonna destroy your car lol j.k. But as the wow u were looking for , they wont be able to react fast enough when the bass kicks in..........More like shock treatment for your passengers .....Nothing lioke rearranging the molecular level of someones body lol

Edited by wrathcc

ok, ive bought my fi btl, and my 200 amp alternator. and i still have about 900 in paypal. so that leaves 900 on amp, wire, and extra battery. ill be making the box at a family members wood shop. he does custom fabrication wood with many profiles and specials in arched wood. so i should be fine making a cusotm box lol. but what type of amp. im thinking sundown but cant find any on ebay. and what box, and i know 0 gauge wiring, but any kits someone would reccomend? still looking. and yea ill have to do my front speakers, just working on the bass now and ill be redoing those later. not as expensive as the main sub and i can live without amazing quality for a little as i make this.

Go to db-r.com if you want to get a used Sundown Amp for cheaper than a new one. You will hardly find a Sundown Amp on ebay.com, not saying its impossible but unlikely. Sundown SAZ-2000D would take away from 2/3's of the rest of your money you have left. You seem like a budget person and i would pay top dollar for an amp since I have a top dollar sub but if you wanna go cheap on the amp then you can check out the Audioque AQ2200D.

how about this. if money dosent matter, hands down whats the best amp to power my fi btl 18?

honestly, i would really try and go for the sundown saz-2000D! i am running an 18" btl also and i have a sundown 2000D. i did alot of research on here befor i orderd and from everything i gatherd from all the guys on here SUNDOWN is a great company the amp is sweet looking i love it!

being your first setup this is what i call a big boy setup lol. So take your time on this build man, order the sundown 2000D honestly you will love it i have no doubt. if money is tight after you order ur sundown 2000d take ur time and order everything else as ur money comes be paitence it will pay off in the end!!

good idea getting ur HO alt you will need it, make sure you do the big 3 with it.

for a second battery go with like a kenetik 800 or higher or XS batteries or DEKA is pretty good from what i hear.

Knuconceptz wireing is great also and its not very expensive!

i saw that you said you will worry about ur front stage spekers later, that might be an issue if you want to get the WOW effect from the people listing to your system. if the song sounds like shit so will the bass enless ur playing a pure bass song or just some tones. i am sure this is going to be a daily driver so your gonna need a good front stage also. (go with a sundown 100.4 amp) :)

you will need to deaden your car for sure! thats were SECONDSKIN comes in look into them for sure!

if you have any questions at all theres alot of great guys on this site that can help you like they helped me!

Edited by hove

how about this. if money dosent matter, hands down whats the best amp to power my fi btl 18?

honestly, i would really try and go for the sundown saz-2000D! i am running an 18" btl also and i have a sundown 2000D. i did alot of research on here befor i orderd and from everything i gatherd from all the guys on here SUNDOWN is a great company the amp is sweet looking i love it!

being your first setup this is what i call a big boy setup lol. So take your time on this build man, order the sundown 2000D honestly you will love it i have no doubt. if money is tight after you order ur sundown 2000d take ur time and order everything else as ur money comes be paitence it will pay off in the end!!

good idea getting ur HO alt you will need it, make sure you do the big 3 with it.

for a second battery go with like a kenetik 800 or higher or XS batteries or DEKA is pretty good from what i hear.

i saw that you said you will worry about ur front stage spekers later, that might be an issue if you want to get the WOW effect from the people listing to your system. if the song sounds like shit so will the bass enless ur playing a pure bass song or just some tones. i am sure this is going to be a daily driver so your gonna need a good front stage also. (go with a sundown 100.4 amp) :)

you will need to deaden your car for sure! thats were SECONDSKIN comes in look into them for sure!

if you have any questions at all theres alot of great guys on this site that can help you like they helped me!

where did u get ur amp? i saw a 3500 d from sundown from ebay for 800. money isnt really a matter. ill have a few hundred more every week. thing is i have to order everything online, using paypal.

where did u get ur amp? i saw a 3500 d from sundown from ebay for 800. money isnt really a matter. ill have a few hundred more every week. thing is i have to order everything online, using paypal.

go to soundsolutionsaudio.com and order it from them. just go with the 2000D it will be a PERFECT match for you and you are getting it from SSA so you will have a garenteed good product dont order from ebay just get it from SSA. the guys are great shipping is probobly free and it comes in quick and safe!

even if money is not an issue there is no reason to spend it like bill gates get everything you need from the right place and the right price. they use paypal also so you can use ur paypal cash to order.

ok, i found some sundown amps. which one should i get?

http://www.db-r.com/sell/store2/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=65_67_69_83&products_id=210

or the one with older style heatsinks. they come with 1 year warranty so i should be good. just sucks on the wait time. i think the new style heatsinks. as it should perform better

you can get the saz-3000D refurb if you want. i personally hate refurbished things but im sure the sundown refurbs are great. my friend mac n cheese got a referb one and he had to send it in, i cant remember what exactly happend but ya maybe he will chime in and tell you what happend to his 3000D.

if you get the 3000d or the 2000D or whatever you get. make sure you have the Duel 2 ohm option so you can drop the sub down to 1 ohm.

the 3000d puts out 3k watts at 1 ohm and i know the BTL can take it aslong as ur smart with the volume knob and the gain/settings.

maybe someone a little smarter can add to this but since this is ur first setup maybe going with 3k watt amp on a sub that the compony says handles 2k watts might not be smart for ur first setup.

its completly up to you my friend i know for a fact the sub can handle that amp you just really need to be smart with the settings and the box needs to be perfect for everything to be ok.

Edited by hove

yea man i got the 3000d and absolutly love it...yea i had to send it back in but totally wortth the wait...Db-r is excellent with customer service, free shipping from db-r to me which saved me forty bucks.. definitly recommend the Sundown..

If u go with the SAZ 2000d im pretty sure it does rated power at 12.6v which is amazing so if u have strong electrical then you will see more powwwerrr!!! fing05.gif

yea man i got the 3000d and absolutly love it...yea i had to send it back in but totally wortth the wait...Db-r is excellent with customer service, free shipping from db-r to me which saved me forty bucks.. definitly recommend the Sundown..

If u go with the SAZ 2000d im pretty sure it does rated power at 12.6v which is amazing so if u have strong electrical then you will see more powwwerrr!!! fing05.gif

i have a HO 200 amp alternator. dont have any extra batteries(just havent ordered). so u got the 3000d referbished? and use it on 1 fi btl loaded right? its what im thinking of doing. and reccomend a good battery?

i have a HO 200 amp alternator. dont have any extra batteries(just havent ordered). so u got the 3000d referbished? and use it on 1 fi btl loaded right? its what im thinking of doing. and reccomend a good battery?

With the questions your asking go with the Sundown SAZ-2000D or get the Sundwon SAZ-3000D and wire it at 1ohms. Dont get an amp because you see someone running it on the same sub you have (box, setting gains correctly, using the volume knob correctly - takes a knowlegeable and well experienced person to use an amp with a lot o headroom and use it right). just my .02, dont wanna ruin your brand new equipment because of your lack of knowledge or experience.

What voice coil configuration did you order with your 18"BTL? Just because the company recommends 2000rms for their sub doesnt mean you need to give it all that to work and work well. Getting the Sundown SAZ-1500d will push the sub perfectly fine if you ordered the dual 2 ohm version.

i am running a Kinetik hc2400..were you going th purchase the "New Heatsink" B stock SAZ 3000d?

i am running a Kinetik hc2400..were you going th purchase the "New Heatsink" B stock SAZ 3000d?

yea thats what i was going to get. and Jay-cee i got the Hixm Coil extra. im leaning between the 2 amps. kinda want the 3000d and turn the gains down a little and have room for later. but if i get the 2000d its new and has 2 year warranty.

I didnt ask you what options you got, I asked you what your voice coil configuration was (and you wanna use a 3000rms amp on that sub, good luck man thats all I can say).

yea thats what i was going to get. and Jay-cee i got the Hixm Coil extra. im leaning between the 2 amps. kinda want the 3000d and turn the gains down a little and have room for later. but if i get the 2000d its new and has 2 year warranty.

so the only extra option you got was the coil? no cooling option or anything? and did you order the D2 or D1 btl?

i hope you orderd the cooling option, i think that is almost a must for a daily driver sub

i got fully loaded, coiling option and everything and got the dual 2 version

alright then your good bro, all you need to do is decide on what amp you want. get the refurb 3000D and use the rest of the cash on a extra batt and deadener.

good luck

ok, bought the 3000d sundown amp. ill turn the gains down a little so its about 2500 watt's. but what battery should i get now? ive got a 200 amp HO alternator, and 1 fi btl 18. also do i put a big one under the hood. or keep my stock one and get a new battery in the back? and what size battery?

Sign in to follow this