Brianncns

Teh bass killed my fuel pump...

hey guys. Well, I think the bass has killed my fuel pump. The pump is located in the fuel tank whick is directly below the trunk where my subs are pounding once in a while. So, after I fix the furl pump tell me how the keep teh bass from kiling the pump again...

It didn't. Don't worry about it. The bumps from everyday driving and the pump being used is what caused it's death. Has nothing to do with your bass.

It didn't. Don't worry about it. The bumps from everyday driving and the pump being used is what caused it's death. Has nothing to do with your bass.

Bingo, just replace it and don't worry about it. Or turn your music down if you're still worried! Cheapest fix. :)

ok. Exspensive P.O.S.part $265 :angry22:

Family is giving me chit because I dumped $ into the stereo. How the hell am I suppossed to know the pump was on its last leg. It was acting funny a few days ago, so I thought, maybe it is time for a tune up and I bought all kinds of tune up chit. and then this crap happens. Pisses me off...

the number one reason for a fuel pump burning out is running the tank low

on fuel (in tank pumps are cooled by the fuel)

the number two reason is a plugged fuel filter.....

definately not from the bass...if that were the case I would need replacement of my

fuel pump daily.....LOL

how do you tell that a fuel pump has gone bad?

Your car wont run. :P

keep the tank full!!!

in an older car i used to drive, i had 2 muffler shops refuse to install a new catalytic converter on the car because after having 2 of them die within 1 week time and i pass 100% diagnostics... they blamed it on the stereo system...

Not too long later, the trunk latch broke off and had to be rewelded...

1 15 in 8 cubes tuned to 29hz was pretty damaging...

The box was bolted through the trunk floor with 3\4" bolts and when the lows hit, the trunk floor would actually bow up into the trunk and back down causing MAJOR trunk floor flex. The trunk floor was made out of just thin aluminum.

What car was it? The only cars I know of that were/are made out of aluminum would not be accommodating to a sound system, read high end sports cars. And if that was all it took to flex the trunk, then it was poorly designed and built, and saw twice the stress during driving.

88 ford crown vic

Sheet metal floor, not aluminum.

sorry, dont know what i was thinkin, lol

Your stereo was NOT the cause of the catalytic failure either. I have been to multiple facilities where they test the cushioning mats for cats and they levels they shake them are WAY higher than you could with your setup.

*and stop typing in ellipses it is really fucking annoying

This post should have been the end of the thread. ;)