Hey fellas!! its been a while since i last was on here. its good to see the forum still going strong!! I gots a situation i needs help with fellas. I just ordered an 220 iraggi alt for my car. I've been having battery issues for a few months now and im convinced a new alt will defitnely help my setup and maybe fix my battery issues. I have an optima red top under the hood and a kintek 800 in the back next to the amps run in series. The optima has been recharged twice and from what im told needs to be recharged again. I've done a lil research and from what i gather, optima aint the company they used to be. im sick of my red top, so my question is whats a better battery? people say its just the red tops that suck and that i should switch to blue tops. others say go with odyssey or interstate. any suggestions?

Hey fellas!! its been a while since i last was on here. its good to see the forum still going strong!! I gots a situation i needs help with fellas. I just ordered an 220 iraggi alt for my car. I've been having battery issues for a few months now and im convinced a new alt will defitnely help my setup and maybe fix my battery issues. I have an optima red top under the hood and a kintek 800 in the back next to the amps run in series. The optima has been recharged twice and from what im told needs to be recharged again. I've done a lil research and from what i gather, optima aint the company they used to be. im sick of my red top, so my question is whats a better battery? people say its just the red tops that suck and that i should switch to blue tops. others say go with odyssey or interstate. any suggestions?

If your trying to stay the same size I would go Deka Intimidator, they are cheaper or around the sameprice but better in performance.

If your trying to stay the same size I would go Deka Intimidator, they are cheaper or around the sameprice but better in performance.

never heard of em. is this a battery?

I was actually about to buy a red top. I am glad i saw this beforehand. I was also looking at the deka's as well though.

I was actually about to buy a red top. I am glad i saw this beforehand. I was also looking at the deka's as well though.

yea. i ve heard some serious war stories wit the red tops. one guy was even trying to sue optima for all the bad batteries he got. crazy thing is, he didnt even have an audio system!!

i've never owned optima, all i've ever heard is bad... What i've always heard is they have horrible IR(internal resistance).

If you want to get the facts from someone who used to use over 50 of them at one time.. contact Scottie Johnson in the XS Powermaster subforum and ask him about them.

i've never owned optima, all i've ever heard is bad... What i've always heard is they have horrible IR(internal resistance).

If you want to get the facts from someone who used to use over 50 of them at one time.. contact Scottie Johnson in the XS Powermaster subforum and ask him about them.

I was also thinking about xs. I know I need a new batt up front. My car dies within 10 or 15 minutes of just sitting there listening to music or watching a movie, and I don't have any amps or subs in my car at the moment. I actually almost bought a red top on Wednesday, but spent 600 in front end parts.

and a kintek 800 in the back next to the amps

Why not get a larger Kinetik for under the hood ?

I was told they not good bats for under-the-hood-. because of the heat...

look into the die hard marine platinum series batteries at sears. the G31's are 1150 cca and 100 ah. and can be run under the hood without worry

That would be incorrect.

I've had an HC1800 under my hood for a few years now.

That would be incorrect.

hmm...i defitnely will look into it

Duralast golds are awesome. I have had 5+ years on some and my current one replaced two optima yellowtops, that failed one week after another a week after I bought them. I have always heard from racing guys that the optima redtops were the only ones to run under the hood from optima but I guess all optimas are bad now. With the duralast golds, you get, I think, 8 year discount and 3 year free replacement from autozone. But XS power batteries and dekas are good too.

Duralast golds are awesome. I have had 5+ years on some and my current one replaced two optima yellowtops, that failed one week after another a week after I bought them. I have always heard from racing guys that the optima redtops were the only ones to run under the hood from optima but I guess all optimas are bad now. With the duralast golds, you get, I think, 8 year discount and 3 year free replacement from autozone. But XS power batteries and dekas are good too.

Duralast? i thought that was cheap? lol

That would be incorrect.

hmm...i defitnely will look into it

I have had my 1400 under the hood for almost 5 years. Kinetik also overs battery cases http://www.kinetikaudio.com/2009/product.asp?C=3&P=KMS-KASES

Edited by audiolife