starting a A-pillar and kickpanel build. found these

CDT 6.5's for kicks

CDT's for kicks with mid level tweeter option

CDT 6.5's for kicks with upgraded tweeter

and then these for the A-pillars

CDT comps for A-pillars

what do ya think?

or should i stick with the RE 6.5's for the kicks?

A friend of mine has the 5.25" "Classic" comp series with upgraded tweeter and imo they are just flat sounding! Nothing impressive about them at all.

Are the RE 6.5's the XXX version?

i listen to rap at high volumes and did not like CDT's

i melted crossovers and blew tweeters.

but thats just me

CDT isn't anything special. Then they come up with marketing ploys to sell consumers a bunch of "accessories" that they don't need.

There are better products on the market to be looking at other than CDT.

ok so what about rainbow slc series.or the focal Access im kinda thinking of goin 3 way with 4" and tweeter in pillars and 6.5 midbass in doors. then a 2 way setup for kicks.

Too many speakers. You don't need a 3-way and 2-way.

That and I wouldn't do midrange in the pillars and midbass in doors unless you would be able to independently time align them. Even then it's less than ideal.

ah i see. so if you had an ex cab truck with 2 18's behind you, what setup would you run. because i had 2 BL 18's before and what i had was not nearly enough to keep up.

so im completely open for suggestions here

What have you heard in that price range that you like?

Since you just listed what you have why are you even thinking about changing?

because i want to do kick panels and a pillars so i need a brand that makes 4" for the pillars and i want it all to match

Passive and 3 way, in particular with not all the drivers together, really doesn't make sense.

What are you going to do with the rest of your speaks then?

Good answer. Why the three way? Thought of buying a proc and running active?

ya but i dont know much about them and ive tried to research but i still havent really gotten comfortable enough to try it without some more confidence. the 3 way mostly because i want to have a clean sounding system with good imaging and good midrange and midbass without blowing my whole life savings. ive been playing with the idea of a 2 way set for the pillars and then running an 8" midrange in the doors off a separate amp. speaker works in orange, ca gave me that suggestion.

what would be an idea setup for what im trying to accomplish?

i am gonna be trying to keep up with 2 18" SSD's

Nothing is going to keep up with 2-18SSD's, I think if you want to do a 2-way with an 8" in the door, then look at some Image Dynamic Horns to do mid-range on up. Those horns will get nice and loud which you seem like you want since you want something to accentuate those 18"s.

I got my id horns a lot cheaper by just calling an authorized dealer up. I got them for $250 I believe. They will gladly ship them to you. They do not have an online dealer license and that is why only woofersetc.com has them online. They will tackle from 1.2k and up without getting muddy (that is what matt at id recommended and he designed them). Combined with the xs69 that would be a deadly combo and exactly what I have in my car. I payed around $550 total shipped.

Bottom line - you will never keep up with the 18s plain and simple. The best you can do is buy the id horns and the loudest set of midbasses you can find. If you cannot afford that you need to go active no matter what speakers you choose because no passive will surpass the output capabilities of an active crossover.

I got my id horns a lot cheaper by just calling an authorized dealer up. I got them for $250 I believe. They will gladly ship them to you. They do not have an online dealer license and that is why only woofersetc.com has them online. They will tackle from 1.2k and up without getting muddy (that is what matt at id recommended and he designed them). Combined with the xs69 that would be a deadly combo and exactly what I have in my car. I payed around $550 total shipped.

Bottom line - you will never keep up with the 18s plain and simple. The best you can do is buy the id horns and the loudest set of midbasses you can find. If you cannot afford that you need to go active no matter what speakers you choose because no passive will surpass the output capabilities of an active crossover.

x2, couldnt have been wrote up any better.

Also my friend bought the $100 cdt comps. The upgraded tweeter is not too too bad but the mids are sloppy. I also feel they are overrated as we didnt even put 100 rms to them and they sounded overdriven. The sensitivity is also overrated because there was barely a difference between the stock set.