04navi

2x15 fi btl

i have 2 x15inch fi btl on a Lanzar OPTI 6000D, do you guys think im under powering them??? they knock, but i fell like everything i throw at them, they handle with ease, so im thinking of getting a additional Lanzar OPTI 6000D to pound extra hard.... lets me know what you guys suggest?? or should i go with different amps?? Just a thought.

No such thing as underpowering

No such thing as underpower

so what do you request?

what ohm rating are they seeing? 3k to each at 1 ohm is a lot... its 1k over the recomended. but that all depends on electrical, tuning, install... etc.

what ohm rating are they seeing? 3k to each at 1 ohm is a lot... its 1k over the recomended. but that all depends on electrical, tuning, install... etc.

i only have 1 lanzar opti 6000d, so should i not get the additional amp? i feel like there being under powered by 1000 watts??? there wired to a 1ohm load

So if you just throw a 2nd amp in there you'd have to run it at 2 ohms each, or .5 ohms? Either way you'd either potentially damage an amp, or end up with 2 amps putting out similar power to what you have right now. I'd look for new amps if you want more power.

No such thing as underpower

so what do you request?

uh, i "request" that you give me all of your equipment!, lol........

i "suggest" that you follow tejcurrent's line of thinking....... lol

sorry just having fun with the play on the words there.....

is everything else in your install optimal?

chop

i only have 1 lanzar opti 6000d, so should i not get the additional amp? i feel like there being under powered by 1000 watts??? there wired to a 1ohm load

Yeah I dont think you know how much power they are underpowered (How do you know by a 1000watts), there is no such thing as underpowering your subs. Now if you feel the subs are not up to their potential then your electrical sucks, or the amp sucks or the box sucks.

Do you have D1 or D2 voice coils on your 15" BTL's?

What electrical upgrades do you have?

What size enclosure and what frequency is it tuned at?

I personally would suggest getting another amp (Sundown, Incriminator Audio or something that is good quality and does rated power and some).

that amp does 4,800w @14.4v and about 3,600w around 12v so you are not sending an extra 1kw to each sub at full potential...

That is the only Optidrive amp i know of that never did rated power according to PAS magazine.

Anyway, if u want more performance and to keep that amp, rebuild your box to 10cuft NET tuned to whatever you like.

Make sure you have a high output alt and about 2 D3100s or equivalent in the back.