Boomboxx

Very specific sub request... LOUD SQ WALL <$900 (shipped)?

Building a wall, and need input on sub(s). It's in a 1974 Mini, so not that much room, but have thrown out the back seats and the wall is in progress. I'm guessing maybe 12-14cu.ft. total airspace? Will check later.

I have a 2 x 1000 W RMS @ 1 ohm OR 1 x 2000W RMS @ 2 ohm amp (Helix Dark Blue 1000.2).

What's the best "ground pounder" option for my wall with that power and space?

To explain what I like, I have two JL 10W7's in my daily driver, 9 cu.ft. @ 20hz, and love them to death! I want decent SQ aswell. I want it to go deep, only playing 50-60hz and down. Have (3) Morel Elate SW10's for 50-60's and up, which will go in a separate enclosure below the wall.

RE XXX-18 and torturing the amp bridged @ 1 ohms sounds very appealing, but so do (2) RE SX18's, or (2) RE MX15's?

Guessing Audiosavings.com will ship to me, this is kind of what I've been thinking most of...

Your post is very confusing. Are you saying you want to mix two different sizes of sub woofers? You ask about expensive RE's then post cheap Cerwin Vega's?

Oh, and don't mind the mixing of the subs. That's my problem. ;) The Morels will be used alone most of the time, the wall is just for fun. You know, lot's of bass. Can't listen to music with all that bass. At least I can't, anyway...

Edited by Boomboxx

I think I would steer clear of the Vmax's I had the 12" silver cones of them and did not care for them at all. No matter what enclosure I had them in I couldn't get them to sound right. They had a hollow type of sound to them.

Oh, and don't mind the mixing of the subs. That's my problem. ;) The Morels will be used alone most of the time, the wall is just for fun. You know, lot's of bass. Can't listen to music with all that bass. At least I can't, anyway...

"Oh, and don't mind the mixing of the subs. That's my problem. ;) "

^ uh, how am I suppose to read this? it almost sounds like >don't worry about that part...... i seen the smiley, just thrown off on the comments potential of being a little ..............well, cocky?. :ehh:

it is very possible to have a properly tuned sub stage that can span this frequency range and also be kept at easy listening levels until the big boom is needed.

mixing of multiple sub sizes is not too common, i think Denim was just intending to address that, :shrug:

your topic title was "Replying to Very specific sub request... LOUD SQ WALL <$900 (shipped)?" ................. I believe you will come across quite a few folks who feel they could do a better job of

acheiving these goals with equipment other than the subs you linked to(cerwin's). those xxx are quite the subs,

perhaps after reading through some of the specs on the subs featured within the manufactures on this forum, you might find some of these choices might deliver what you are looking for,

as well as save you a few bucks.

chop

:(

SQ and wall? Can't use the wall and listen to music? Those comments are not related. Having other subs as well? In a 74 mini?

Sounds like you have a case of the super confused. I have no idea what you are asking or your goals, I do know that the current direction you are going has fail written all over it.

I simply want to know what's the best subwoofer option for a wall, and by that I mean something that will get crazy loud with 2kW RMS @ 2 ohms - in 16cu.ft of airspace - while simultaneously obtaining an allright level of SQ.

:) :) :)

And I write this with a smile on my face: If anyone wants to talk about getting cocky or not, why not look at those giving lectures to show off their supposedly infamous loudspeaker knowledge, instead of just giving constructive input and answering what's being asked. If you just read the subject of this thread, and the first post, it's pretty obvious what I'm asking about. There's no need to start a discussion, just give examples of what YOU would use? Right? :) :) :)

But if I seemed cocky, I apologize, I just don't see the point of lecturing those not asking for it. On these forums, there's always at least one know-it-all who HAS to start lecturing all the time. Thanks, but no thanks. It gets old. :)

BUT - to make an easy question (perhaps), how about this:

What will be the best "&quot;SQL&quot;" option in a 16cu.ft. wall with 2kW RMS:

For $1050 shipped: (1) RE XXX-18 @ 25hz fb (I know this will rock the lows, but I wonder if 2kW RMS might be too little power?)

For $750 shipped: (2) RE SX-18 @ 30hz fb (The most efficient alternative (?), but will the SQ go out the window?).

For $650 shipped: (1) RE MX-18 @ 25hz fb (The cheapest alternative, but do the MX's get LOUD?)

Off course, there's a bunch of other alternatives, but these woofers are obtainable in Norway, where I live, and there's just not that much to choose from around here. Especially in 18's...

You Could Be Different And Run About 8 Sundown E8's (I Realize Obtaining Them May Be An Issue), But That's Just My Opinion. SQ And Wall Don't Really Go Together, But I Kinda Get What You Mean.

your not looking for sq at all. what you want is a sub or subs that dominates the lows . first what do you plan on using for music to demo.

your not looking for sq at all. what you want is a sub or subs that dominates the lows . first what do you plan on using for music to demo.

Thanks for a constructive post! :)

I do have the option to turn down the sub(s) in the wall, so I think I can say I'm looking for SQ when driving around alone. I have Morel Integra Ovation XO 6" speakers that I'll mount in a custom dash, and those three Morel Elate SW10's. But the problem is that the SW10's are actually more midbass drivers than subwoofers, hence why I need something, like you say, that "dominates" the lows.

Will not be playing rap music, so can't have a subwoofer that only sound good on the long, slow bass notes. :)

You Could Be Different And Run About 8 Sundown E8's (I Realize Obtaining Them May Be An Issue), But That's Just My Opinion. SQ And Wall Don't Really Go Together, But I Kinda Get What You Mean.

Thanks! :D

I didn't find them on their website. But 8 x 8"s are actually around 1600cm^2. Wow, that's two 15's. Never though about that. Will keep it in mind!

<walking away ......... :ehh:

I wasn't pointing my finger at you, I liked your post. Thanks!

Just don't assume I'm cocky. ;)

Uhm, how is the "DC Audio Level 4 18" LV412" subwoofer?

It looks pretty awesome, matches my amp really well, and seems to be obtainable!

um how about this

these subs are like $50 a piece at a certain website

Read ALL three threads for NOOBS in my signature and tell me how your thread follows the rules you agreed to. :(

This topic is all over the place. I personally fill like you should sell the 10"s that you say are mid-ranges instead of subwoofers and use that money for new equipment.

Upgrade your mid-bass speakers to handle the higher bass frequencies you want and get a sub to do the rest, thats all you need instead of two different boxes and different type of subwoofers that will just look and probably sound ridiculous.

Thanks! :D

I didn't find them on their website. But 8 x 8"s are actually around 1600cm^2. Wow, that's two 15's. Never though about that. Will keep it in mind!

They Should Be On This Site, Either That Or They Don't Make Them Anymore.

I am quite lost with this topic.

I'm confused too but I guess he has what he wants........good luck to ya bro :drink40:

The OP is the one that is confused.