ok so this isnt my strongest point by any means but the fuse that is closest to my battery keeps blowing how can i get this to stop this is like my fifth one. i have md1d usamps and ten inch re sx wired to one ohm, battery and alt are stock most wiring is stock and i dont think any wire i have is close to one gauge someone please help and big three is not done yet

what size is fuse that keeps blowing, how many amps u got and what's fuse rating on each one and u got any extra batteries in the vehicle?

i dont think there is a rating, no extra batteries just the one under the hood, the fuses are 30 amps for the md1d and i only have one amp. maybe its not a fuse ill try and find a pic of what im talking about like i said this isnt my strongest point

a 30 amp fuse?

question:

1.what gauge wire are you using? if you don't know please acuratly measure the wire,

2.what is the fusing on the amp its self, if any?

3. how much power is that amp outputting?

4. did you install it all yourself? or a shop

i would use a 30amp fuse on 10gauge wire

for 8gauge i would recommend stepping up the fuse size to like 50 or 60,

and i for some reason i can't make out what kind of fuse holder you are using? mini anl? or agu? can you please clarify this for me?

also how long have you had this system up and running for? like did you get it installed say last year and just now you are getting issueS?

ill do my best to answer all questions i can. as far as gauge wiring i believe its 8 gague. and the fuses on the amp there are 3 30 amps if thats what ur talking about if not help me out on that so i can get u an answer please. its set to one ohm so should be 1200 watts. i had the wires ran in 2005 i believe and the system put in last christmas ive only had the problem with the fuses blowing since i put the new one in i think its cause i have to much power for the wires maybe i need to upgrade. and i looked it up and compared to other wire kits i believe its agu so its probably an amp fuse. i hope this helps u. if u need to know more let me know

Answer this question first: What size fuse is under the hood?

Go with four gauge wire and you should use a 100A fuse.

ok i have the blown on beside me how do i tell how many amps on it?

Look at the fuse, somewhere on it should display the amount ( it could say 10a, 40A, 75A, etc.) It may be on the ends depending on the type of fuse your using or in the middle.

thats definitely too much amp for 8 gauge wiring, that much power is even pushing it running 4 gauge.

go to something like weldingsupply.com and get some 1/0 welding cable to run from your battery to a distribution block near your amp, then run a short length of 4 gauge from the block to the amp. unless that amp accepts straight 1/0 wire. also get enough 1/0 to do the big 3 while you are at it. not sure what size fuse youd want to run after this though, but something at least as big as the 90 amp fuse rating on the amp.

thats what i thought so. im thinking about just rewiring everything. it says it accepts power connector gauge 4 awg does that mean i need 4 gauge to run to the actual amp?

Yes or you can use 1/0 gauge just take that 8 gauge out (if a company recommends something then I would go with it since they probably wont steer you wrong).

how can i use 1/0 gauge to the amp if its to big to put in?

Thats what the girls say usually, anything can fit and you dont have to use 1/0 awg if you dont want but that 8ga. is not where its at.

If you wanted to use the 1/0 awg just get a reducer, but I would do as ppiflat10s said and use 1/0 from battery to distribution block and then 4 guage wire to get the most out the amp or you can use 4 guage(and no distribution block) if you dont plan on adding anymore equimpent.

Buy what is needed, if you plan on adding more than one amp in the future then yeah you can get that if your only going to have one amp, then go get an amp kit from knukoncepts just for one amp. You just gotta sit down and figure out what you want to do and go buy some wire, no wire is wrong wire (some decisions you can make on your own without or help).