What amps should I go with? (SQ)  

5 members have voted

1. 1. What amps should I go with? (SQ)

• Kicker SX Series
    • JBL BPX and PX Series
    • Planet Audio VX Series
    • Other (please list, see conditions below)

Ok, I have decided the XXX, huge amp, heavy optima yellow top 31 series, and massive box is too much for what I need it for. I am selling everything except the Rainbows and my HU to Jamie's cousin. :banhim:

Here is what the next system will be:

2 RL-i 8's sealed in a movable box

Rainbows on a 150x2 amp (that seems to be the most power they can take)

A matching amp for the rl-i's (around 700 watts)

Audiocontrol EQT's and 4XS

I would also like to be able to stay in the running for USACi 0-600 sq class.

I can get the JBL's for about 550-600 if my eBay powerseller pricematch goes through on SD. :fing34:

I can get the Kickers for around 750-800 I think.

I already have a PA VX3002, and another amp would only cost me 300.

I got a factory direct price on some arc xxk amps, but they were $1100, which seems a bit much for amps. :Doh:

I don't think I will get too serious about sound quality competiton, so I can't really justify spending that much on amps, when some at half the price do the exact same thing. :nopity:

Let me know what you think. :ugh2:

one listed? SX no contest, very sexy and capable

I have no experience with any of them personally, but I say JBL if you get the pricematch simply for the bang for buck.

If your trying to cut back why dont you try a big 5 channel. Such as the big belle :P only 115x2 when bridging the front channels. and ~550 watts on the sub channel if you run it at 2ohms. Im not sure if that amp would break the USACi regulations though because I dont know what they are at all.

I voted JBL. They are great amps for the money.

I voted other, check out www.Sinfoniusa.com, I have a phone number and know they are hurting and making deals. The 150 X 2 does about 700-800 into 2 ohms and can be had for $600 shipped to the door, and the 90 X 2 to the front stage would give you killer SQ without over taxing the components. I think he quoted me $450 shipped.

I voted other, check out www.Sinfoniusa.com, I have a phone number and know they are hurting and making deals. The 150 X 2 does about 700-800 into 2 ohms and can be had for $600 shipped to the door, and the 90 X 2 to the front stage would give you killer SQ without over taxing the components. I think he quoted me $450 shipped.

wow that would be amazing to run Sinfoni

actually I would be nervous to have them in anything but a show car

I emailed the guy and I am waiting for a response. I hope he can get me a really nice deal, or else I'm not sure I will be running them. $1050 is a bit out of my budget right now.

If your trying to cut back why dont you try a big 5 channel. Such as the big belle :P only 115x2 when bridging the front channels. and ~550 watts on the sub channel if you run it at 2ohms. Im not sure if that amp would break the USACi regulations though because I dont know what they are at all.

Both belle's would fit under the class requirements, but one would be too much power for the components and the right power for the subs, and the other would be perfect power for the components and only 400 for the subs. I don't think this would work for me, because if I ran the big belle, I would only be getting half of the power from the amp's main piece, but full power from the sub amp.

Any other 5 channel amps?

The Sinfoni is a little pricey, but after hearing them, I was sold. He is a little slow at responding or at least was with me, but if want want SQ with kahuna's may not be a bad choice with your Rainbows.

I will probably be going with the JBL's because of the bang/buck thing even though they put me over the 0-600 rating. $603 shipped for the pair, and they look pretty nice. That is unless somebody can suggest something else.

It will probably be a few weeks anyway.

Both belle's would fit under the class requirements, but one would be too much power for the components and the right power for the subs, and the other would be perfect power for the components and only 400 for the subs. I don't think this would work for me, because if I ran the big belle, I would only be getting half of the power from the amp's main piece, but full power from the sub amp.

Any other 5 channel amps?

I messed up in my last post, The big belle does 75x4@4 ohm or 115x4@2ohm in the front amp. Im not sure if they can be bridged, ill check it out though.