Sign in to follow this  
chainsaw

JVC KW-NX7000 vs. Kenwood DNX-6140

So sonic electronix has a JVC KW-NX7000 open box for $549 with free shipping

My link

Its got most of the stuff I want(minus bluetooth)

My orginal plan was to get the KEnwood Dnx-6140.

Its $779 after shipping.

I like the screen on the jvc better, but I'm fond of the kenwoods. I know how the bypass works on the kenwood, but not sure how to do it on the jvc, I love the way kewoods work with ipod and have no idea how the jvc works(do you have to have special cable or can you use the apple one?)

I have $605 in savings and could order the JVC today if I wanted. If I wait, it will take me about a month to get the extra $180 or so for the KEnwood.

Thanx in advance. And again, time is a factor, as they have 1 left.

get the jvc! i have a jvc and i love it! ( i have the avx77) the jvc h/u i have works flawlessly!! plus that one jvc you have listed SHOULD work the same way! check out this video on my h/u the 2 units seem to be similar in the ipod of things!

http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_105KDAVX77/JVC-KD-AVX77.html?search=jvc+avx+77&ssi=0

i went jvc and i am never looked back! for the jvc it gives you a USB in so all you need is an ipod to usb cable and you are good to rock!

also don't forget to check out the video in my link it gives you an explanition of how it works! enjoy! and jvc all the way man!

get the jvc! i have a jvc and i love it! ( i have the avx77) the jvc h/u i have works flawlessly!! plus that one jvc you have listed SHOULD work the same way! check out this video on my h/u the 2 units seem to be similar in the ipod of things!

http://signature.crutchfield.com/s_105KDAVX77/JVC-KD-AVX77.html?search=jvc+avx+77&ssi=0

i went jvc and i am never looked back! for the jvc it gives you a USB in so all you need is an ipod to usb cable and you are good to rock!

also don't forget to check out the video in my link it gives you an explanition of how it works! enjoy! and jvc all the way man!

Thanx dude. What do you know about the e-brake bypass for dvd's?

o the e-brake is the same on ALL h/u which play movies Just ground them out! and makes sure you ground the h/u and the parking brake to the car's chassie to elimate a bunch of issues! just like anyother h/u!! ;) enjoy and let us knwo hwo the instal goes of either h/u and be sure to do a build/install log of everything when you are done!

Edited by CrazyKenKid

o the e-brake is the same on ALL h/u which play movies Just ground them out! and makes sure you ground the h/u and the parking brake to the car's chassie to elimate a bunch of issues! just like anyother h/u!! ;) enjoy and let us knwo hwo the instal goes of either h/u and be sure to do a build/install log of everything when you are done!

its on its way!!!!

btw I have a build log started on here. look in my profile for the link.

Edited by Chainsaw

aww you do! sorry i didn't even think to take a look!

and good luck with your build! i already have subscribed lol!! and i am sure you will love your h/u!

Which headunit did you order?

Which headunit did you order?

The jvc

i would have gone kenwood, i was definitely surprised at the quality of my Kenwood DNX-8120

I DO love Kenwood, but I could not pass up this deal. I just saved $220 and all I lost was Bluetooth. I really dig the screen on the JVC.(no slot on the front, screen takes up the whole face) I'm sure the experienced audiophiles on here, would say that Kenwood is gonna have better features, but JVC is nothing to sneeze at either. Its not Alpine, but its not exactly Dual either.

when you get it can you let us know how the iPod control goes?

I used a friends JVC Arsenal (KD-ADV49 precursor maybe?). It was in Japan on a visit and i definitely didn't like the touch controls. Hopefully the new version is better, but it was tough to control and not accidentally fwd or rvrs tracks instead of turn up/down volume. iPod was only controlled via HU and SLOW... This may have been a setting on the HU that wouldn't let me DJ via the iPod directly. Ended up disconnecting the ipod to change albums, then reconnected. This was in japan, so could've been an early release of the older version. I thought it was the 33 or 44? Now they have the 49, so hopefully a lot of those issues will be resolved.

I was thinking of getting that HU before using it. I definitely want fast/easy iPod control at the HU while still able to control what's playing from the iPod (passenger control). Would be nice to have it for backup cam... but warry of the touch face interface. Looked cool - actually really nice looking, but tough for me to control in a car going down the road and i wasn't even driving.

GL!

Edited by sl33py

when you get it can you let us know how the iPod control goes?

I used a friends JVC Arsenal (KD-ADV49 precursor maybe?). It was in Japan on a visit and i definitely didn't like the touch controls. Hopefully the new version is better, but it was tough to control and not accidentally fwd or rvrs tracks instead of turn up/down volume. iPod was only controlled via HU and SLOW... This may have been a setting on the HU that wouldn't let me DJ via the iPod directly. Ended up disconnecting the ipod to change albums, then reconnected. This was in japan, so could've been an early release of the older version. I thought it was the 33 or 44? Now they have the 49, so hopefully a lot of those issues will be resolved.

I was thinking of getting that HU before using it. I definitely want fast/easy iPod control at the HU while still able to control what's playing from the iPod (passenger control). Would be nice to have it for backup cam... but warry of the touch face interface. Looked cool - actually really nice looking, but tough for me to control in a car going down the road and i wasn't even driving.

GL!

The ipod control is not as fast as I would like. You go to settings, then lists, then you see songs/playlists/etc. It takes like one second to load when you are searching and go down to the next page. Its only a second, but it can be a little annoying. It being a touchscreen, it is a little different than what I'm used to.