basslh

FI AUDIO SHOW OFF LETS HEAR IT

SO I HAD MY 18IN FI BL METERED AND I COULDN'T BE ANY HAPPIER. CAN YOU SAY 149.7DB'S. IT BANGS AND I KNOW I WILL HIT 150 SOON AS SOON AS I GET RID OF THIS AMP AND BUY A NEW ONE. SO IM PRETTY PUMPED I WILL BE GETTING ANOTHER ONE SOON. BUT ANYWAY LETS HEAR WHAT EVERYONE ELSE HIT WITH THEIR FI PRODUCTS. IF POSSIBLE LETS GET VIDS AND PIX AND SHOW OUR FI PRODUCTS OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss310/chrisebright/1011090238.jpg

http://i586.photobucket.com/albums/ss310/chrisebright/Image230.jpg

Wow, a 149 with 1 BL 18.

That's amazing, I wonder what I was hitting back when I had 2.... I'd love to get my BTL metered, but no one has a tl around here. :(

Before Carpet, Double Baffle, And flush mount.

IMG00218.jpg

IMG00219.jpg

IMG00220.jpg

IMG00221.jpg

BTL next to BL

IMG00222.jpg

Cap was removed as quickly as it was installed. :)

ssa3.jpg

ssa2.jpg

Oh yeah, and my original 2 BL setup.

o1.jpg

o2.jpg

o3.jpg

Edited by holley2346

My Fi Set Up:

VEHICAL: 1997 CHEVY CAVALIER Z24

SUBWOOFER: 12" FI AUDIO BL

AMPLIFIER: ROCKFORD FOSGATE T1500-1BD

WIRING: 20 FT OF 2/0 WELDING CABLE

ENCLOSURE: CUSTOM DESIGNED BY ME TUNED TO 34 HZ WITH 39 SQ IN OF PORT AND 2.5 CU FT INTERNAL, IN THE TRUNK

BEST DB DRAG TO DATE: 143.6 DB

BEST DASH LEAGAL TO DATE: 144.6 DB

BEST OUTLAW ON DASH TO DATE: 145.3 DB

BEST OUTLAW ON MUSIC: 145.0 DB

more vids if you click my sig :)

op, can you specify the et of your 149 setup?

and please turn the caps lock off.

My old install had 2 BL 18's with 1.1k each.

Metered at 148.2 with 27hz tuning.

Most smile inducing moment was when I was demo'ing to friends and I was flexing shopfront windows :)

In December the new build starts with 4 x 15" BTL's and 10kw :D

PIC21.jpg

Edited by FiQ150db

2 10" Fi SSDs on 1200 watts tuned to 44hz 146.2dB in the kick from the trunk. :D I gotta build a new box for comps though.

This thread has potential to be very large due to the amount of people who love their Fi speakers.

Just a question, what amps were you using? I wanted to run 2 FI SSD 18's with a Kicker XS100 (1300 watts at 1ohm) to each but was told that is not enough power, how did it sound on music?

Edited by la2lvtom

Just a question, what amps were you using? I wanted to run 2 FI SSD 18's with a Kicker XS100 (1300 watts at 1ohm) to each but was told that is not enough power, how did it sound on music?

Whoever Told You That Is A Dumbass. That's More Than Enough, And Too Much. (800 Watts RMS, Handle Around 1000-1100RMS Fully Loaded.)

I wouldn't say its not enough power but I wouldn't say its too much either.

True, Depends On The Person And Installation.

155 @ 32hz

top_10.jpg

top_7.jpg

4 BTL 18s with ~ 10kw. I just couldn't get the voltage to keep up enough to give them more power. Ripped them out, now to 2 btl 18s on 10kw. I've really enjoyed these subs, they do good on 1000w, or 4kw +.

Looks good man!!!

how do you actually upload the picture on the forum...i can get it to imageshack and then copy/paste into here

tejcurrent - have you metered it with just the 2 18s on 10kwatts? Also, is it in the same airspace and same tuning? I'd like to know which would do better, more airspace for the subs vs more cone area.

Looks good man!!!

how do you actually upload the picture on the forum...i can get it to imageshack and then copy/paste into here

I would just upload them to your gallery and copy/paste the images properties to the image link on the toolbar of post options.

I was running a de3000 @ 2ohms.

Its meant to do 3kw but really does 2.2k @ 2ohms and 3.5kw @ 1ohm.

They sounded pretty awesome off just that much and were moving a fair bit.

ok i have been reading and it seems people have been putting up some pretty good numbers with 2 18 bls and i was going to be doing the same setup and im wondering if i should build a wall ,or make a 10 cube box @ 35 hz. im wanting to hit about a 150 so what do you think would be louder a wall at 35hz or a rectangular box at 35 hz? it will be in a 1990 chevy silverado extended cab

ok i have been reading and it seems people have been putting up some pretty good numbers with 2 18 bls and i was going to be doing the same setup and im wondering if i should build a wall ,or make a 10 cube box @ 35 hz. im wanting to hit about a 150 so what do you think would be louder a wall at 35hz or a rectangular box at 35 hz? it will be in a 1990 chevy silverado extended cab

Wall, If You Don't Mind Not Having A View Of Your Ass.

Blow-through If You Don't Mind The Extra Effort.

10 Cube Box In The Back If You Don't Mind Your Balls Crushed Against The Steering Wheel.

/sarcasm

Wall, If You Don't Mind Not Having A View Of Your Ass.

Blow-through If You Don't Mind The Extra Effort.

10 Cube Box In The Back If You Don't Mind Your Balls Crushed Against The Steering Wheel.

/sarcasm

lol

I haven't had a chance to meter since the charging upgrades with 2 btls. I can tell you 2 btls on memphis 4kws (8kw) with factory charging + 1 extra yellow top did 152.x @ 42 in my old yukon. This was with 7.5ft @ 36hz.

I easily beat that score with the same power and 4 btls at 32hz.. The box for all four was 5ft each @ 34hz or so.

In both setups I used a 200a fuse per amp and never had one pop if that gives you an idea of how much power was actually go on.

I think cone area makes a bigger difference than the most air space a driver can take, especially if you're giving it enough power. I will post how the 2 subs do on 5ft each sometime in the next week or two, if I can get to a meter. I can't even buy ring terminals locally, the nearest shop is almost an hour away. If I drive 1.5-2 hours to Florence to get metered at a shop I may as well just wait and go to a comp.

I'm definitely loving the sound of my BTLs though. I was listening to some Devildriver today and hearing the crisp kickdrum made me smile :D