Sign in to follow this  
twocamvw

death row + aero port?

i have a pair of 12" death rows.. and space is getting kinda tight if i have to account for a big slot port. so i was wondering if a pair (2) of 4 inch aero ports would be sufficent, or would i be better off just using 1 sub and keeping the port size up.. thanks in advance.

i have a pair of 12" death rows.. and space is getting kinda tight if i have to account for a big slot port. so i was wondering if a pair (2) of 4 inch aero ports would be sufficent, or would i be better off just using 1 sub and keeping the port size up.. thanks in advance.

Size of box would help, give us some more info to help you out man.

Need a little more info to totally answer your question. Did you build the box already?? If not what are the dimensions of the area you have to work with?? As well what do you want to have the box tuned to??

i figure i could probably squeeze 2 -2.5 net per sub with some aero's and tune it to roughly 32.. but if the aero's would be on the small side or hinder performance. i have no problem doing just one sub with a big slot port. this is for my daily 08 xb, and i have a pair of kicker zx1000s to power them with.

I think you could probably get away with two 4" aeroports, but if you could squeeze three of them in there you'd be just fine.

I think you could probably get away with two 4" aeroports, but if you could squeeze three of them in there you'd be just fine.

yes i should be able to fit 3x 4 inch aero's. and maintian 4.25 cubes and tuned to 32 with three of them..

so thanks for pointing out the obvious. cause who knows how long it would have taken for me to think of that.

I have 3 4" aeros in my personal car for 2 15" LI's, so Im pretty sure you will be ok for the 12's if you can squeeze 3 in there