so lately all of sudden my system will be playing and the bass randomly quits and i dont even have the system up loud or bass up alot. sometimes when it happens i can turn the sound down and it will cut back on. the whole amp cuts off looks like. its in a 2002 s-10 stock alt bat have an us amps md1d and ten inch re sx any help with this? im in the process checking all connections right now

bad ground connection.. low voltage or wired too low ohm load.

Faulty connections somewhere, either headunit/amp or subwoofers (check power, ground, remote start wires and speaker wires inside box).

Try also replacing the amp with another and reading the resistance of the voice coils on the sub. Sometimes amps can act screwy when something is blown inside of them and not just be off all the time.

everything looked ok outside that i could tell tomorrow ill check the wire to the sub and head unit its freaking cold here. thanks guys

Ahh, not a true audio head (dont let the weather stop you man, I troubleshoot in any weather). Good luck tomorrow

could be remote on, double check connections at amp and hu....

So the amp is all the way off, like no lights are on? Check the fuse and fuse holder under the hood.

My sax 50.4 did this a day or so after installation. Turns out that one of the runs of speaker wire had come loose and was shorting out.

I'm sure you've checked this, but just saying.....

:)

also it does it mostly when moving if that helps anything

it most likely is something with the wires.

when the amp moves its makin the wires move causing the amp to shut off.

Double Check Connections Especially Ground.

Or Might Be The Terminals On The Sub

the terminal connections on the sub can cause the amp to shut down please explain this

Sometimes there are shorts. Maybe you stuck the wire through the terminal too far and it's touching the sub's basket, or the terminal itself is shorting things out. Also check and make sure there are no stray wires either at the sub terminal, at the terminal cups on the box (if you have them), and at the inputs at the amp. Stray wires can cause shorts either by direct contact or arcs if they're close enough.

Chances are pretty high that it's a short from a stray wire. Look for something frayed. Since your amp turns all the way off I'd pay extra attention to the remote wire.

Yeah the small wire usually by the positve and negative terminals on the amp.

did u install the remote wire run from the head unit to your amp?

I would definitely check that first.

Your remote out may also be faulty as well but i'm leaning more towards loose connection.

did u install the remote wire run from the head unit to your amp?

I would definitely check that first.

Your remote out may also be faulty as well but i'm leaning more towards loose connection.

x2, that or check your rca's they might not be fitting on the rca jacks tightly.