Sign in to follow this  
PRESTON09

18 INCH HAVOC

Im currently running alpine PDX series amps with One Alpine Type R 15. It's nice but not really as loud as I like it. The amps are PDX 1000-1 and PDX-100-4, The sub right now is in a 2 cubic foot box sealed. My question is, will i be able to fit 1 18 inch ascendant audio havoc in my trunk? I will be running the Sundown 1500 for this sub. Any thoughts or better suggestions would be great. Im not dead locked on the 18, I could also consider 2 15's in the havoc series. As you can see I have a 2002 lincoln ls, no spare tire or any trunk material in the car, So the entire trunk can be used. Will the 18 inch havoc be able to perform in this tight space?

Rebuild your box to ported! The Type R's can get loud in a properly designed enclosure.

Give us some dimensions to see if you can adequetly fit 1 18" woofer in your space.

Im building a ported box to alpine's specs now. I was really disspointed with the sealed box when i hooked it up. I had it just laying around. But as far as the dimensions of the trunk, I will measure it tonight. I was thinking of doing fiberglass to get the most useable space out f it. I can tell you its a little under 5 feet wide and 3 feet deep excluding the spare tire compartment. and 17 inches high . but ill get better numbers tonight.

I know you can fit 2 15"s in a good box in the trunk. Why are you so stuck on the Havoc's though? JW

From what i have herd and have read from other posts it just seems like a good sounding woofer. I do want spl, however the 18 havoc and the saz1500 seems like a good match in my mind. Would you recommend anything other then the havoc series. I know about the BTLs but no one around here has one.

From what i have herd and have read from other posts it just seems like a good sounding woofer. I do want spl, however the 18 havoc and the saz1500 seems like a good match in my mind. Would you recommend anything other then the havoc series. I know about the BTLs but no one around here has one.

I'm sure quite a few people on here have BTL's. But since your already getting Sundown amps, might as well check into the Sundown Woofers. I hear the Z15"s sound very good on music, and can be had cheap right now.

If you are looking for a great subwoofer at a great price check into the Z15 from Sundown Audio. $200 shipped :drink40:

1,000 RMS rated woofer that has gotten great reviews.

Questions email Jacob at sundownz@sundownaudio.com

If you are looking for a great subwoofer at a great price check into the Z15 from Sundown Audio. $200 shipped :drink40:

1,000 RMS rated woofer that has gotten great reviews.

Questions email Jacob at sundownz@sundownaudio.com

x2, I would go with the Sundown Z-15 and either the Sundown SAZ-1500d or get the SAE-1200D (since it is on sale now also). Just my .02

Do you have an AA dealer near you ?

They don't sell on the net.

$200 SHIPPED for a Z15? Damn, that's a good deal!!!

With the sae 1200 on sale or pre-sale, you will have a wonderful setup for Cheap!!!

trink40.gif

No dealer near me. Still shipping really isn't that much. I would really like a BTL 18 but thats a real huge box for my car. I think im gonna stick with 15s.

The Z15 is a great driver. I just got one and it loves my metro. For $200, thats a deal hard to beat. Dont let the SQ driver fool you though, they get plenty loud and sound excellent while doing it. Im only running a SAX125.2 also.

I havent heard the havocs before so I cant give an opinion on those.

If you go for the Sundown Z15, go fast : the last ones are on sale, and they will not made again.

But...you wanted a BTL 18? And now a Havoc 18 or 15? These are 2 very different drivers.

Fi makes BTL in 15", in 12" too.

What is your goal? SPL or Daily groundpounding??!!!

I am surprised no one asked you that.

Ground pounding daily type of system. I Want an 18, my goal was tjust o stuff one in. I have never own a woofer that big so it was more for fun. On the other hand I wouldnt mind a nice set of 15s. I wanted the Havoc because of the ability to play low and loud as well as sound good. Do you think it's worth trying to stuff an 18 in a lincoln?

Ground pounding daily type of system. I Want an 18, my goal was tjust o stuff one in. I have never own a woofer that big so it was more for fun. On the other hand I wouldnt mind a nice set of 15s. I wanted the Havoc because of the ability to play low and loud as well as sound good. Do you think it's worth trying to stuff an 18 in a lincoln?

The only way anybody will know what can fit in there is if you get a measuring tape and measure the max dimensions of your trunk and tell them to us, then we can go from there.

Id go with the 18, I got the same car too lol

Edited by forsellb

scratch that.

Edited by forsellb

AA makes very solid drivers. The Havoc series is very well built. I've installed a pair of Arsenals and a pair of Chaos 12's in the past few months. The Chaos 12's were powered by a Cadence iA7 in a Golf GTI and they were stupid loud & clean. I'm nearing 29 and I don't handle that kinda bass like I used to. Took a few seconds to get used to the output. If you decide on the sae-1200d or the saz-1500d...a pair of 15" AA Chaos subs(or the Z15's) is really all you'd need. Spend on the power, save on the subs.

Hey guys sorry for taking so long. Ok the best way i can describe this by looking a beaker from the side. From the back seats to the trunk latch is 42 inches. 54 inches wide from quarter to quarter and 29 inches wide between the wheel humps. 16 inch high all the way around.

I think a pair of 12"s or a 15" subwoofer will fit better than anything else.

Really you should be more concerned about how much space you have to work with. Buy subs that'll function the way they're intended in the space you have.

I'd also suggest while you have a small sealed box, play around with aiming and placement of the box/woofer in the trunk and you'll probably find what sounds best and yeilds best output. I've built boxes with that just didn't word with the accoustics of the car and were outperformed by half size/half the number of drivers in a better position. The point is, don't paint yourself into a corner where you have sub(s) that can not be made to perform well in your trunk.

Yeah i see your point. I just 2 15's would be nice or one 18. I think im going to stick with one 15 btl with the sundown 1500 on it. Hey hispls my type r is in a ported box now and its alot better, but still not really happy with it.