spbfitz

What db

That is going to be person specific. I work around converting lines all day so what hurts your ears might not have any effect on mine.

depends.

Supposedly, your eardrums will rupture at 150db. i've been in vehicles well above 150db and can still hear above average

Jet takeoff (25 M) 150 Eardrum rupture

Aircraft carrier deck 140 Earphones at high

Thunderclap, live rock music, 120 Human pain theshold

Jet takeoff (305 M), outboard 100 Serious hearing damage (8 hrs)

got this off a website.

hope this helps :drink40:

yeah Pioneer has something like that in their website too. I metered my system not too long ago and it was hittin 140, but thats not what hurt my ears, it was the frequencies of about 50 hertz at 140db. so thats something that you should consider too. :bull:

lol i like the cow so i stuck it in there.

The higher the frequency at the same db will hurt more. Try listening to a 10 kHz tone play at 140 db and you will die. In fact try listening to it on your comp and it is brain scrambling lol.

Depends On What Frequency, 140db@9khz And Up Will Be Instant Perforation Of The Eardrums, I Think. (And Death)

Whereas 150db@40hz Just Makes Your Balls Feel Really Good. :D

Depends On What Frequency, 140db@9khz And Up Will Be Instant Perforation Of The Eardrums, I Think. (And Death)

Whereas 150db@40hz Just Makes Your Balls Feel Really Good. :D

fing05.gif Haha hilarious.

150db@40hz Just Makes Your Balls Feel Really Good. :D

:lol:

Try listening to a 10 kHz tone play at 140 db and you will die.
I Cant Even Imagine Being In A Car Or SUV listening To 10kHz at 140db. :suicide-santa:

I saw this episode of MYTHBUSTERS where they were doing a special on SPL EXTEME vehicles. they made a huge sub out of some metal or something.

anyways, they put it in a car and they did a 161.3 at 16hz

I saw this episode of MYTHBUSTERS where they were doing a special on SPL EXTEME vehicles. they made a huge sub out of some metal or something.

anyways, they put it in a car and they did a 161.3 at 16hz

I saw that episode also, I was tuned into that one.

That sub did work. It was playing at 16 hz as well lol. I wonder what it would have done at something in the 30s lol. I did not get to see the construction of it. How did they build it? Did they use an electromagnet or did they just power the piston with an engine or something like that?

That sub did work. It was playing at 16 hz as well lol. I wonder what it would have done at something in the 30s lol. I did not get to see the construction of it. How did they build it? Did they use an electromagnet or did they just power the piston with an engine or something like that?

Here it is man:

They Really Should've Found A Way To Make That "Subwoofer" Linear, So It Didn't Actually Fail.

They should have just tested that bitch at the car's peak frequency and seen what the db meter ran.

This topic is trouble.

This topic is trouble.

lol. why you say that