Sign in to follow this  
kendall64

18'' fi sub

so im thinking about getting an 18'' sub i have three that i'm thinking of getting fi ssd, fi q or an audioque hd idk which one to pick. i also heard that 18'' subs dont sound very good on most songs because most songs dont hit low enough for them is that true?? if anyone can help me that would be great!!!

so im thinking about getting an 18'' sub i have three that i'm thinking of getting fi ssd, fi q or an audioque hd idk which one to pick. i also heard that 18'' subs dont sound very good on most songs because most songs dont hit low enough for them is that true?? if anyone can help me that would be great!!!

No that is not true.

hey bro, all of those are good choices from what ive heard. i personally have a 18" fi q with the bp power option and it is amazing! it picks up highs and lows, and i have my box tuned really low. my every day box is tuned to 28 hz and it picks up almost everything and slams it out with authority. i would def recommend the q to anybody. just make sure u get it in a good box, whatever it is that u get.

hey bro, all of those are good choices from what ive heard. i personally have a 18" fi q with the bp power option and it is amazing! it picks up highs and lows, and i have my box tuned really low. my every day box is tuned to 28 hz and it picks up almost everything and slams it out with authority. i would def recommend the q to anybody. just make sure u get it in a good box, whatever it is that u get.

how many db do you thank i will hit im going to put it in a 2 door yukon? do you think 1 18 will be enough to hit around 150's if i put it in a big enough box?

how many db do you thank i will hit im going to put it in a 2 door yukon? do you think 1 18 will be enough to hit around 150's if i put it in a big enough box?

Nobody can tell you how many dbs you will hit if that was the case there would be no point in bying TL Meters.

Nobody can tell you how many dbs you will hit if that was the case there would be no point in bying TL Meters.

haha good point made i was just wondering if you had like a rough idea of what i would hit. what kind of amp should i get to push it i was thinking about a mtx te1501d

haha good point made i was just wondering if you had like a rough idea of what i would hit. what kind of amp should i get to push it i was thinking about a mtx te1501d

What sub will you be getting? There are too many factors to even give a rough estimate on how many dbs, such as: install, box, proper electrical upgrades and then equipment).

yea bro all the subs u listed are in different power classes so it would depend on which sub u get

The SSD is a very underrated subwoofer that is built like a tank and can take a lot of power if set up correctly. It has great sound and get's plenty loud for a daily set up.

The SSD is a very underrated subwoofer that is built like a tank and can take a lot of power if set up correctly. It has great sound and get's plenty loud for a daily set up.

I have to agree. The SSD is a great sub.

What sub will you be getting? There are too many factors to even give a rough estimate on how many dbs, such as: install, box, proper electrical upgrades and then equipment).

well im thinking of going with the fi q. i plan on upgrading a battery to a yellow top and upgrading my alt to either 250 amp or 300 amp and i already have 0 gauge ran. and i want to put it in at least a 6 cubic foot box tuned at 30 to 35 hertz

Good choice in keeping with Fi!

6 cubic feet is right at the bottom of the recommended box size. Make sure you have 6 cubic feet after speaker and port displacement.

6 cubic feet is right at the bottom of the recommended box size. Make sure you have 6 cubic feet after speaker and port displacement.

should i do a box thats in the middle like 7.5 or 8 cubic ft would that help the sub out more?

should i do a box thats in the middle like 7.5 or 8 cubic ft would that help the sub out more?

I would do something like 8 cubic feet with 128 square inches of port tuned to 28-30hz for the Q!

I would do something like 8 cubic feet with 128 square inches of port tuned to 28-30hz for the Q!

thats a big box lol but thanks for the help everyone when i get my system put together i'll put up pics

my box right now it 9 cuft, but im going down to 7.5 after displacement because 9 just was way to large

my box right now it 9 cuft, but im going down to 7.5 after displacement because 9 just was way to large

was it just too big for your car or did it not sound that good with that big of a box

Sundown or rockford fosgate amps are good choices depending on cash flow

how much are sundown amps i know how much rf are.

how much are sundown amps i know how much rf are.

Check out the SSA Store for Sundown amplifiers!

Sign in to follow this