Sign in to follow this  
ChristianMcKay

What kind of amp to use in a home audio application.

So I know this will sound completely noob-tastic, but I was wondering how you would power a sub if you wanted to make a high power home audio setup.

Plate amps go up to 1000 watts, but really for anything close to high power pro audio amps are better.

I am much more inclined to recoment a pro audio amp for any aplication.

KU is correct though there are many 1000 watt and under plate amps worth the cost.

Thanks, guys. This girl was asking me to build her some speaker towers, but I had no idea what I was going to power them with since I couldn't use a car audio amp.

If you're going to make towers, i.e. full range speakers, you don't want a plate amp. I thought you were just doing subs since you said that in your first post. Unless you're doing a sub, mid, and tweet all in the same tower?

If you're going to make towers, i.e. full range speakers, you don't want a plate amp. I thought you were just doing subs since you said that in your first post. Unless you're doing a sub, mid, and tweet all in the same tower?

Well actually, I am going to have subs, mids, and tweets all in the same power. I just wasn't sure how you would go about powering a Fi Q in a home audio application.

Crown Amp ;)

Im Looking Into That Right Now For My FI BTL 15"

Thinking About Throwing 2000 Watts Its Way

Edited by Kent

I would like an amp that will let me throw 5000 watts to a pair of 18" AA Mayhems. Girl says she wants a lot of bass. She just doesn't know.