sundownz

Sundown SA-8 Pre-Sale

I calculated that box, and your net volume is actually 1.46 after sub and port displacement are subtracted. Im not sure what you used to calculate you tuning.

Are you sure you got the coils and subs wired correctly???? take a 9v battery and make sure both of them move the same direction.... or at all..... you could have a coil out of phase

Im going to go check in a sec.

I wired them

Subwoofer Wiring Diagrams, Two 4 ohm Dual Voice Coil (DVC) Speakers

What gauge wire did everyone use? I tried 12 gauge and it was to big so I went with 18 for now.

12 was to big? I used 8

happy birthday

yea! how did you get 8 in there! I had alot of 8 I wanted to use but I couldnt even get 12 to fit. Ill have to take some pics.

Thanks for the happy birthday :)

I calculated that box, and your net volume is actually 1.46 after sub and port displacement are subtracted. Im not sure what you used to calculate you tuning.

http://www.the12volt.com/caraudio/boxcalcs.asp#por

Edited by popwarhomie

Im not 100% sure if my methods are right but I have been told that if you want to run multiple ports you divide your box volume by the number of ports. By using that method and the12volts calculation your box comes out tuned to 52hz. If Im doing that right and your box is really 52hz that could make it sound shitty on music.

Psp-inc.com has the multi port calculator

ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hahahahhah! Thank you guys sooo much! One of the - and + were crossed. :drink40:

I gave everyone a "rep point" I guess except steve. I reached my quota for the day. Ill get ya tomorrow. Thanks again!

Edited by popwarhomie

glad to hear its working like it should!!!

AWESOME!!!! woohoo.... glad it was an easy fix... The description of what is was doing sure sounded like something was out of phase... glad that's all it was.... ROCK ON DUDE!

My subs sound awesome couldn't be happier. Love seeing peoples reactions when i tell them its only 8s. defiantly don't sound likes 8s. Now i want to buy more haha

My subs sound awesome couldn't be happier. Love seeing peoples reactions when i tell them its only 8s. defiantly don't sound likes 8s. Now i want to buy more haha

ya i know that feeling i was going to get 2 then i got 8 now im getting 12 LOL

popwarhomie,

Glad that you got the phase issue worked out -- it can really be frustrating ! :)

Yeah pop, now we gotta have pics and vids!!

Wow, now that is nice :drink40: . An arm rest and a bad ass enclosure with some beast in it.

I like it pop, looking forward to the vid. :drink40::popcorn:

Wow, now that is nice :drink40: . An arm rest and a bad ass enclosure with some beast in it.

Thanks. Im building a small little center console in front of it with some cup holders to.

I like it pop, looking forward to the vid. :drink40::popcorn:

Uploading it to youtube right now. Its not very good. Ill have to make another one with a good song lol.

Wont let me post the Embeded version..

Edited by popwarhomie

Nice...... looks like they're doing better than mid-basses for sure now..... lol.....

Nice...... looks like they're doing better than mid-basses for sure now..... lol.....

O yea I love them now. :fing34:

BTW F3RR3T: I couldnt even get 1 8 gauge wire to fit into the terminals. I have to have 3 to run two dual 4 ohms at a 1ohm load.

Edited by popwarhomie

I get to watch everyone do all this awesome stuff with these little buggers and I just gotta sit around and twiddle my thumbs until my BL gets sold....

I hate you all.

Just kidding, all these builds on here are looking good! :drink40:

Here ya guys go 3.5 cubes at 34hz. powered by a 3500d

Door panels and carpet are getting glassed, and the box got messed up when the front baffle separated. i had a all thread brace through the box and through the back cab wall, it tore through the cab and then let the baffle flex. so the 1x10 is holding the baffle together.

Box is now uninstalled and the blow through is in store, 12 E8's on 2 3500's in a 4th order.

Sorry about the quality crappy camera and i was in a huge hurry to get home.

the tape is holding the 2nd port steady as it developed a crack when the baffle broke.

the piece of wood at the top was a piece of oak to space the seat off the box. As it was closer to the box then the bucket seats i took out.

Mirror doesnt shake violently since i glued all the joints lol

th_DSCF0053.jpg

All is uninstalled now need to order more equipment

I BOUGHT MINE WITH MY BROTHERS PAYPAL AND IT WAS GOING TO HIS HOUSE BUT HIS WIFE CANT GET UP B4 1PM AND FEDEX CAME AT 11 SO I MISSED MY DAME SUB NOW I HAVE TO WAIT TOMORROW FOR IT HOW GAY

My 4 are sitting at the foot of my bed so i look at them every morning. Prob wont start on a box till i find a used SD 1500 or 2000 to power them.

There is my four. Paul came down and fixed my Jeep :)

MAN THESE LIL GUYS SOUND LOUD AS HELL ANY NUMBERS WITH THE 4 SORRY FOR CAPS