Hey guys how are you. Today i want to buy a HDTV. THe only problem is i really dont know what to look for.. I only have 600 to spend. I am not looking for anything huge but something i can hook up with my ps3 and will look great( i also want to get into home theather too). I want to get it at a store like best buy or walmart( Or anything Like a department store) but is there better places to look. because we all know Best Buy and wal mart doesn't have the best car audio selection.I will really appreciate the help

thanks

Johnny

no pun intended. i got my first system there too

personally i'd go with anything samsung. they have really good picture and now that hdtv's are so common now their prices have really dropped.

every tv in my house actually is a samsung. lol

if samsung didnt work out. i'd look at sony's

whatever you get dont get vizio

Ive got a polaroid 32 that looks real good

Edited by john denver

my mom's polaroid looks like shit. my friend's vizio looks great. lol weird.

personally i'd go with anything samsung. they have really good picture and now that hdtv's are so common now their prices have really dropped.

every tv in my house actually is a samsung. lol

if samsung didnt work out. i'd look at sony's

X2, Samsung has some of the best HDTV's out there.

Samsung, Sony, LG, Toshiba's aren't too bad.

my mom's polaroid looks like shit. my friend's vizio looks great. lol weird.

X2, my brother has a 32" Vizio and it looks great IMO. Only thing that sucks on any HDTV is the sound quality. I'd recommend buying some type of speaker system.

If you're on a tight budget you can get a decent 5.1 Computer-Type Speaker system for under $200 and you'll have to hide the wires or if you want get a nice little DVD/Amplifier and customize with your own speaker sets.

I'd disagree 100%

I am not a fan of Vizios (they are good TVS for the money), but I'd take a Vizio any day over a Polaroid TV

That's terrible advice. You bought a piece of crap and say it looks better than a set that is at least mediocre.

If you'll stretch your budget, it'll be worth it.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11472702&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|79|2341&N=4001374&Mo=59&No=25&ViewAll=60&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=2341&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

If you don't you are in Vizio price land.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11490974&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|79|2341&N=4001374&Mo=59&No=27&ViewAll=60&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=2341&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&topnav=

I might need to come back to this topic in a month. Wish LED's would come down.

Can someone clear up the Vizio debate for me?

So far I am seeing Sony, Panasonic and Samsung. For an under $700 range, I am curious. All the newer HD TV's I have had time to really watch different things on recently have all been Samsung's.

If u are on a budget and want a large flat paneled 1080p or 720p TV, get LG or Samsung.

From the specs and TONS of reviews i've read about many manufacturers.. LG and Samsung is your best bet.

I do remember Panasonic, Sharp, Sony and Vizio having terrible life expectancies on their tvs. Too many reviews out there and warehouse employees i've talked to about these brands and the returns they see.

I do believe Samsung rivals over LG though but LG is usually slightly cheaper too.

720p will be cheaper than 1080p. Make sure the tv at least accepts a 1080p signal.

I would stick with LCD. While Plasma is a lot cheaper.. there are reasons why.

Plasma is a dying technology mainly. Most to all of Pioneer's Plasma Engineers recently quit and all went to Panasonic... ironic..

Pioneer made some of the BEST plasmas and now with these people at Panasonic, there's no telling what they plan on doing.

Plasma's gradually loose their lighting overtime and are far more susceptible to burn ins vs LCDs.

(PS - when looking for a TV, look for some sort of "Pixel Shifting Technology" Samsung uses this. IT's to prevent burn in on still mages on the screen.)

LED tvs should be cheaper than LCDs because it doesnt' cost as much to make but we all know how the market works....

Once the technology pays for itself, i expect LED tvs to plummit in price over the next couple years.

I wouldnt go to a retailer because you will get jacked on price.

Here are some suggestions-

LG 37LH30

Samsung LN32B460

Some Panasonic lines are better than others. Toshiba is a good tv but usually a little more pricey for no reason. Try to avoid the sharp Aquos tvs as they are proned to a typical 2yr failure rate from what a warehouse employee told me about them.

and vizio... i never tend to buy the cheapest priced equipment when you are looking for the highest quality picture.

that is some really bad advice right there lol. sorry just speaking the truth.

I'd go with the Panasonic personally. It's not much above your budget and it's a nice size TV with GREAT picture. At my place of employment, we carry LG, Samsung, Panasonic, and Sharp.

I'd say Panasonic or Samsung for sure. Not a fan of LG that much. Sharp makes a wicked LCD too.

And for those who think plasmas are a dying technology, I dont think so. All the issues that plagued first plasmas have been taken care of, and now many plasmas will last longer than an LCD. The Panasonics plasma panels are rated for 100,000 hours! And all new plasmas have some kind of anti-image retention feature, along with almost any add on component (dvd, blu-ray, PS3, Xbox 360).

If I was going to buy a tv, it would be a Panasonic or Samsung plasma. No doubt in my mind. The colors are just as rich and vivid as an LCD but the darks on a plasma blow and LCD out of the water. And the motion on a plasma is unrivaled, although LCDs are much better than they used to be. Side by side, there is no doubt in my mind, that plasma is superior in picture quality period. It's not just Pioneer who made a nice plasma, Panasonic always has and they are making even more high end plasmas along with Samsung.

And another thing, I have seen one, ONE Panasonic plasma come back for service since I have been working at this shop. Considering that our best selling TVs are Panasonics, that's is a pretty good statistic.

Plasma and Panasonic FTW!

anyone know where I can get replacement screens for LCD HDTV's?

If u are on a budget and want a large flat paneled 1080p or 720p TV, get LG or Samsung.

From the specs and TONS of reviews i've read about many manufacturers.. LG and Samsung is your best bet.

I do remember Panasonic, Sharp, Sony and Vizio having terrible life expectancies on their tvs. Too many reviews out there and warehouse employees i've talked to about these brands and the returns they see.

I do believe Samsung rivals over LG though but LG is usually slightly cheaper too.

720p will be cheaper than 1080p. Make sure the tv at least accepts a 1080p signal.

I would stick with LCD. While Plasma is a lot cheaper.. there are reasons why.

Plasma is a dying technology mainly. Most to all of Pioneer's Plasma Engineers recently quit and all went to Panasonic... ironic..

Pioneer made some of the BEST plasmas and now with these people at Panasonic, there's no telling what they plan on doing.

Plasma's gradually loose their lighting overtime and are far more susceptible to burn ins vs LCDs.

(PS - when looking for a TV, look for some sort of "Pixel Shifting Technology" Samsung uses this. IT's to prevent burn in on still mages on the screen.)

LED tvs should be cheaper than LCDs because it doesnt' cost as much to make but we all know how the market works....

Once the technology pays for itself, i expect LED tvs to plummit in price over the next couple years.

I wouldnt go to a retailer because you will get jacked on price.

Here are some suggestions-

LG 37LH30

Samsung LN32B460

Some Panasonic lines are better than others. Toshiba is a good tv but usually a little more pricey for no reason. Try to avoid the sharp Aquos tvs as they are proned to a typical 2yr failure rate from what a warehouse employee told me about them.

and vizio... i never tend to buy the cheapest priced equipment when you are looking for the highest quality picture.

wtf, more egurgitation :(

Dying technology? That is why you won't buy something with a superior picture, better blacks, more vivid colors, faster response? Because manufacturers make more money on other tech's?

Do you know why Pio engineers left and went to Panny? Perhaps because Pio isn't going to sell Plasma displays or any TV's anymore for that matter.

In his price range the Panny Plasma really is a GREAT solution.

Everything in your post is full of crap basically other than the 720p is cheaper than 1080p and don't go to a retailer as you will get jacked on price. Besides that your post is FULL of fail.

I realize you like to be helpful and that is great, but you REALLY, REALLY need to think occasionally instead of just posting what you read somewhere else.

that is some really bad advice right there lol. sorry just speaking the truth.

http://johndenver.ytmnd.com/

Ok, so Panasonic Plasma or Smasung/Toshiba/LG LCD.

The LEDs are really nice sets. We have an 8 series at work and man, does that have a nice picture!

I still want a 860 series Samsung Plasma. Micro thin and such a nice picture.

or a Pioneer Elite if they still made them :(

The Kuro's are beautiful, really hate to see them disappear.

I think this debate has been settled.

To the OP, I'd suggest spending a little more money and get the Panasonic Plasma.

To the OP, I'd suggest spending a little more money and get the Panasonic Plasma.

okay with a plasma, i need to be more careful so i can prevent burn in?

i applied for a best buy card.... they said we will get back to you in a few days...

Everything in your post is full of crap basically other than the 720p is cheaper than 1080p and don't go to a retailer as you will get jacked on price. Besides that your post is FULL of fail.

I realize you like to be helpful and that is great, but you REALLY, REALLY need to think occasionally instead of just posting what you read somewhere else.

u seem to tell me that all the time when i'm not just reading it.. i've been told this from actual human beings....

I've also read this from multiple review sites.. The best research is to obtain info from multiple sources.. or at least that's what i've learned in college long ago.

When a common denominator is found, it's usually the right one.

Hell, my cousin's plasma screen is horrid but he also only paid $800 for a 50" so that's probably why.

I know movie enthusiasts may prefer plasma over LCD due to the better blacks and no backlight bleeding, etc... but with all reviews and others opinions laid aside, i'm not a plasma lover because it doesn't fit my needs and many others agree with my opinion as well even when they go window shopping on their own.

Nobody gonna win this argument since it's now opinion based.

okay with a plasma, i need to be more careful so i can prevent burn in?

i applied for a best buy card.... they said we will get back to you in a few days...

Most game systems have anti image retention software build in. All the Panasonic Plasmas have this feature built in too. So you'd be best off going into the set-up menu( and read the manual) and find out what you need to change in the anti-image retention menu.

No mention of DLP?