Sign in to follow this  
zerosktr111

2 Sundown Z15+RD 2200.1 Build

Guess what I got yesterday!!!!!!!!!!

Should be going in a 1997 Cadillac Seville

DSC03124.jpg

DSC03126.jpg

DSC03129.jpg

These seem to be great and heavy :P subs, The smaller sub is my old pioneer that is also "1000 watts RMS" .I used it to show how big the Z15 is. Can't wait till my 2200.1 comes in!!!! :bananaDance:

Also, how does 6 cubes @ 32 hz sound? Anyone know how much port area I need for this?

Edited by NIK

DSC03124.jpg

DSC03126.jpg

DSC03129.jpg

These seem to be great and heavy :P subs, The smaller sub is my old pioneer that is also "1000 watts RMS" .I used it to show how big the Z15 is. Can't wait till my 2200.1 comes in!!!! :bananaDance:

Also, how does 6 cubes @ 32 hz sound? Anyone know how much port area I need for this?

Jacob recommends 3-3.25 ft3, tuned between 32 and 35hz. I would say the standard 12-16 sq in of port area to every cuft. So if you are doing 6 ft3, then about 72-96 sq in of port area total.

I have one of these in 3.25ft3 enclosure, tuned to 35hz. It sounds great with only about 400rms!

DSC03124.jpg

DSC03126.jpg

DSC03129.jpg

Jacob recommends 3-3.25 ft3, tuned between 32 and 35hz. I would say the standard 12-16 sq in of port area to every cuft. So if you are doing 6 ft3, then about 72-96 sq in of port area total.

I have one of these in 3.25ft3 enclosure, tuned to 35hz. It sounds great with only about 400rms!

I plan on purchasing one of these today and going for 3.39ft^3 @ 29.99Hz, cant wait till you get this build log up and rolling. Ill be making some :popcorn: and getting something to :drink40: .

Should have gone all Sundown. ;)

Yeah I should have lol. People on this forum have given me sooooo much shit about buying that amp. I can't really afford the expensive car audio stuff considering I am only a junior in high school and I only work a few hours a week. If im not really happy with that amp il just sell it and get a sundown 2000/3000d. This is more of a budget build anyways. After everything is said and done I should be looking at about only a grand spent on a real 2kw system. 50 cents a watt for a system is not bad at all imo.

Yeah I should have lol. People on this forum have given me sooooo much shit about buying that amp. I can't really afford the expensive car audio stuff considering I am only a junior in high school and I only work a few hours a week. If im not really happy with that amp il just sell it and get a sundown 2000/3000d. This is more of a budget build anyways. After everything is said and done I should be looking at about only a grand spent on a real 2kw system. 50 cents a watt for a system is not bad at all imo.

I know, was just giving you a little grief. At least you are close to Sundown and can pop in to check out equipment. :)

I know, was just giving you a little grief. At least you are close to Sundown and can pop in to check out equipment. :)

Yep thats what I did with the z's. Cool guys down at sundown. For sure if I need to get another amp ill get it from them.

pics, pleasepeepwall.gif

Once I get my system all set up, Ill get some pix for you guys. BTW I really need some box design help so if you do that kind of stuff let me know asap!

Edited by NIK

pics, pleasepeepwall.gif

Once I get my system all set up, Ill get some pix for you guys. BTW I really need some box design help so if you do that kind of stuff let me know asap!

Were gonna need the max dimensions of the area you want to use for your subwoofer enclosure (height x width x depth).

pics, pleasepeepwall.gif

Were gonna need the max dimensions of the area you want to use for your subwoofer enclosure (height x width x depth).

I know I was kind of waiting untill someone offered to help but the max dimensions are 30(L) x 40 (W) x 18 (H) And 18 in would seal the box off from top to bottom.

I like lows but I also like output so I guess like 35hz tuning would be best for me.

18"H x 37"W x 25.25"D (Outside dimensions)

16.5"H x 5.5"W x 13.85"L (Port Dimensions)

Port Area = 90.75in^2 / Port Area Range = 80-107 in^2

6.66ft^3 @ 35Hz.

Here is a little something till you get what you want if it doesnt work out for you.

18"H x 37"W x 25.25"D (Outside dimensions)

16.5"H x 5.5"W x 13.85"L (Port Dimensions)

Port Area = 90.75in^2 / Port Area Range = 80-107 in^2

6.66ft^3 @ 35Hz.

Here is a little something till you get what you want if it doesnt work out for you.

:woot:

Why thank you Jaycee I appreciate it very much. Now when my amp arrives I can start on my box.

Also, should the subs/port face forward because it seals off the trunk from top to bottom?

Also, should the subs/port face forward because it seals off the trunk from top to bottom?

Yeah if you want to seal off the trunk then face them forward, you are also going to have to cover up the sides so the whole trunk is sealed off from the cabin area.

No problem man and good luck with everything, I get my Z15 on Friday :woot: .

If it helps there is an enclosure calculator on RE's website that is easy to use.