Sign in to follow this  
tosh

new sae-1200 xcon or icon

Thinkin about pre ordering the new sundown sae 1200 and doing a single 12 sub i know icon are rated at 1000wts and xcon at 1750. jacob has stated these new amps are pushing 1500, should i go icon and turn down gains or go xcon

Thinkin about pre ordering the new sundown sae 1200 and doing a single 12 sub i know icon are rated at 1000wts and xcon at 1750. jacob has stated these new amps are pushing 1500, should i go icon and turn down gains or go xcon

It will push either one fine, whatever is your budget is what you should go with in my opinion (this is a choice you will have to make).

Since you gave no indication of your listening habits or what you want out of the sub it's pretty impossible to tell which would be better for you. I would choose XCON.

It will push either one fine, whatever is your budget is what you should go with in my opinion (this is a choice you will have to make).

Since you gave no indication of your listening habits or what you want out of the sub it's pretty impossible to tell which would be better for you. I would choose XCON.

I agree with both. Give us a little more info on your goals/needs/preferences. Meaning, no idea if you are someone that likes having headroom, or wants the most output for your watt. I could be a greasy salesman, like you will see on other forums by other companies, and tell you to just buy the most expensive driver, but that is not the way to help you reach your goals or help you make the best choice. :)

mostly hip/hop ,r&b,classic rock, want accurate powerful bass. if that helps. going to run about 150wts a side to my front door comps. vehicle 1999 s-10 blazer

mostly hip/hop ,r&b,classic rock, want accurate powerful bass. if that helps. going to run about 150wts a side to my front door comps. vehicle 1999 s-10 blazer

That sounds like a combo of an SAE1200D and an Xcon.

That sounds like a combo of an SAE1200D and an Xcon.

Both options will provide that. But if soundjunkie is going to be pushing the amp at the upper end of its gain settings and playing the system often at high levels, the Xcon would be the better choice.

i found it is cheaper to buy the best one the first time.... or in a few months you want the Xcon anyway... i love my Xcon :woot::woot:

In the big picture, there is no best, there is best for the needs or goals of the install. ;)

Go Xcon !!! You'll love it.

If you think it's too loud , you can turn down the gain.

I dont't know/think the Icon will like your 1500watts, you will have to be careful with all this power.