holley2346

I'm a new AQ fan

I can't speak for the reliability of the AQ sub yet, as I just got one of them in. But I can say that you definitely get your moneys worth with the HDC3 series. I was surprised when there was a box at the door since I haven't even received notification that one of my subs shipped, but man was I happy and amazed when I opened the box. I ordered a pair of HDC310's for a build of mine and figured they would be a nice little subs for a small build. But now I'm considering trying these out in my SUV.

This thing is HUGE. I have never liked small subs until now. :woot:

aq1.jpg

BL 12 VS AQ HDC310

aq2.jpg

aq3.jpg

aq4.jpg

aq5.jpg

Edited by holley2346

Nice pictures man :woot: , have you installed it yet.

Truck should have new springs tuesday, then comes;

New 35 inch tires

Check the entire brake system

Get all the lights working correctly

Somehow scrape up a 3000D

Find some extra batts

Build fiberglass door panels for the seleniums

Watch my newly rebuilt alt go POOF because it's only ~75 amp tops

Buy a new alt

etc, etc, etc,

Thou shalt upload install pictures when the time comes. Trust me, I want it done right now. :)

man that is nice what did it run you ???????

They have a great Christmas special, 205.00 shipped per sub I believe.

$300.00 without shipping for a fully loaded BL (as seen in picture)

$169.00 without shipping for a fully loaded AQ HDC310

Oh and 1 month wait for the FI right now, 3 day wait for the AQ.

Which would you choose? :ehh:

Don't get me wrong, I love my BTL 18. But if these AQ's play as great as they look I see a change coming soon. :)

Edited by holley2346

not bad hope they sound good for you......... they do look mean as hell, need video when you get the install done....................

that's what i've tried to tell people before. Those who like pure ground pounding bass turn to AQ as that's what they do.

Ironically, they do not focus on competition but just pure reliability for crazy loud bass for street systems.

The 1000wrms rating for the HDC3s are NOT to be taken seriously if you are an experienced user.

The copper series can easily take up to 2,400w daily and the aluminum close to 4,000w.... even though they are all rated at only 1000wrms.

You wanna compare HDC3 to BLs... try comparing them to the BTLs in terms of thermal handling. Then you really get to see the savings.

I would probably say though that a BTL would be more efficient than an HDC3 in the lanes but you never know til u try it.

The HDC3s have an awesome cooling system on them, it's the main reason they can handle so much power.

But with awesome cooling systems... don't expect superior motor strength.. or can you?

Your 10 should way around 48lbs, pretty massive.

that's what i've tried to tell people before. Those who like pure ground pounding bass turn to AQ as that's what they do.

Ironically, they do not focus on competition but just pure reliability for crazy loud bass for street systems.

The 1000wrms rating for the HDC3s are NOT to be taken seriously if you are an experienced user.

The copper series can easily take up to 2,400w daily and the aluminum close to 4,000w.... even though they are all rated at only 1000wrms.

You wanna compare HDC3 to BLs... try comparing them to the BTLs in terms of thermal handling. Then you really get to see the savings.

I would probably say though that a BTL would be more efficient than an HDC3 in the lanes but you never know til u try it.

The HDC3s have an awesome cooling system on them, it's the main reason they can handle so much power.

But with awesome cooling systems... don't expect superior motor strength.. or can you?

Your 10 should way around 48lbs, pretty massive.

I'm loving these things. They will likely find their temporary home in a ~3 cu ft box tuned ~ 35 hz. And getting their juice from the SA 3kd :)

Edited by holley2346

Thats a perty lookin sub you got there. Im interested to see a build log as well for this. I didnt know these were so highly rated. Nice to know.

You wanted 2 nice little subs, and what you got is : 2 monster subs !!!

!ut they really do look nice!

Your SUV will be very very loud;)

Well since AQ / DD is literally a father son relationship, I figured I'd buy from the eldest. :):shrug:

Na, I just don't have any DD dealers around here and I didn't like how hard it was to get ahold of one.

So I went over to AQ clicked a few times, waited a few days and here we are. :)

Edited by holley2346

the hdc3 is a poor man's DD.

And 1/3 of the price of DD!

Nice looking woofer!

Planning On Getting A 10 Inch Copper Coil Model Myself Just To Show The Uneducated Mainstream Masses Around Me What A "Cheap" Capable 10" Can Do. (Just Love The Look On Their Faces When Their Beloved L7's, W7's, And CompVR's/Other Mainstream Piles Of Crap Are Completely Obliterated.) I'm Actually Torn Between That And A IXL 12, Even Though They're Polar Opposites. Pics And Vids When You're Done, I Hope. :D

Note: The W7 Isn't A Pile Of Crap, Just Isn't The Super-Duper Fantabulous Godwoofer Like Most Think.