Sign in to follow this  
spencers

question on wiring btls

I havent been on this forum in months so I did a lil update I am currently running 2 btls on 2 audioque 2200's. The subs are D/2 fully loaded. I have a 220 iraggi alt. The big 3, 4 kinetik 2400 batts and 1 yellow top under the hood. Here is a couple pics of the equip stripped from the car getting ready to upgrade. Now the question I was going to run the subs just 1 sundown 3500 wired to .5 ohms (just til I get the money to buy a second amp).But I read in another thread that it is hard on the subs. I didnt know that i thought it was only hard on the amps if your electrical couldnt back it up.

DSC02542.jpg

DSC02546.jpg

I havent been on this forum in months so I did a lil update I am currently running 2 btls on 2 audioque 2200's. The subs are D/2 fully loaded. I have a 220 iraggi alt. The big 3, 4 kinetik 2400 batts and 1 yellow top under the hood. Here is a couple pics of the equip stripped from the car getting ready to upgrade. Now the question I was going to run the subs just 1 sundown 3500 wired to .5 ohms (just til I get the money to buy a second amp).But I read in another thread that it is hard on the subs. I didnt know that i thought it was only hard on the amps if your electrical couldnt back it up.

DSC02542.jpg

DSC02546.jpg

Im running my BTL at .7 ohms and havent had a problem it is my daily and like you I have the electrical to back it. I do know its not the best for my amp but I love wanging

I never get tired of seeing those subs...And do you still have the AQ's, if so why not just run them on them untill you get the Sundowns...But you should be fine running just one at .5 for now.

I never get tired of seeing those subs...And do you still have the AQ's, if so why not just run them on them untill you get the Sundowns...But you should be fine running just one at .5 for now.

Nope sold the aq's to my brother, ( now regreting it).

Your subs, would only be in trouble if your electrical system was not supporting your need. You should be fine, just set the amp right.

Edited by patented17

Im running my BTL at .7 ohms and havent had a problem it is my daily and like you I have the electrical to back it. I do know its not the best for my amp but I love wanging

How are you running a BTL at .7 ohms? I trust you mean the Re, which is not the same as nominal. Just say 1 ohm.

As to the OP, just wait until you get the second amp. No reason to void your warranty and risk damaging the amp. Just wire the subs for a 2 ohm final load on the single 3500D until you get the second.

Your subs, would only be in trouble if your electrical system was not supporting your need. You'll should be fine, just set the amp right.

This...Most people I know run the Sundowns at .5 daily. But they DO have the electrical to back it, that's the big thing to consider. But it looks like you do, so watch your gains and go for it. Also you may want to look into getting an indash volt meter to keep an eye on your voltage.

Don't wire at .5ohm nominal *.35 ohm dcr*

You are asking for trouble.

Your subs, would only be in trouble if your electrical system was not supporting your need. You'll should be fine, just set the amp right.

This...Most people I know run the Sundowns at .5 daily. But they DO have the electrical to back it, that's the big thing to consider. But it looks like you do, so watch your gains and go for it. Also you may want to look into getting an indash volt meter to keep an eye on your voltage.

Yup I have a stinger in dash volt meter. I have the the electrical to easily back the aq 2200's but the only reason I started this topic is due to the fact I was reading this thread

Don't wire at .5ohm nominal *.35 ohm dcr*

You are asking for trouble.

Ha Ha I was waiting on you to join in and say that lol. Nice timing.

Well thank you everyone for your input. I am just going to hold off on the build til I get both amps just to play it safe. Thanks again.

Well thank you everyone for your input. I am just going to hold off on the build til I get both amps just to play it safe. Thanks again.

Just play your subs at 2 ohms until you get the othere amp and you will be fine, no point in ridding around bumpless till you get both amps unless you buy both at the same time. just my .02

Nothing wrong at all with playing the amp at 2ohms...

You can go ahead with it :). Just don't get silly with the knobs.

Its fine it gives me more time to do more upgrades to the car before putting a wall in. I'll start a build log as soon as my school starts thanks giving break so keep an eye out for it.

Sign in to follow this