Sign in to follow this  
hunterw

res. freq question

hey guys i have a quick question.

what is the benifit of tuning your box closer to the res. freq of the car instead of to the sub? :unsure:

in spl competitions?

If you tune your box to peak out at the resonant frequency of your car, you get two peaks in one which makes for the loudest possible note in your car.

It's late and I dont feel like getting too technical, so I hope this will suffice.

If you tune your box to peak out at the resonant frequency of your car, you get two peaks in one which makes for the loudest possible note in your car.

It's late and I dont feel like getting too technical, so I hope this will suffice.

hey thanks do you think when you gewt a chance you could go into more detail? :D

They're called "One Note Wonders". They get crazy loud at their peak, but they suck for music most of the time.

They're called "One Note Wonders". They get crazy loud at their peak, but they suck for music most of the time.

Eh?? Your resonant frequency is called a one note wonder?? I think your kind of confused :)

To the origional poster, I will assume you have a general knowlege of enclosures and such. If you do, then you know that any enclosure will have a peak in response, which will usually give a peak in sound levels also. Using this, think of your vehicale basically as another enclosure. With that, you now have another peak in response, which is the res. frequency. It's not too complicated so tere really is no need to get really technical. Better?