bolo88

DEH-P800PRS vs CD7200MKII

Im considering on buying one of these head units and would like to know if you guys have any opinion on which one you think is better. In terms of sound quality, functionality, features, ipod use

Edited by bolo88

i am a huge fan of pioneer but dont have any experience with either actual indash, but pioneers have always been wut i run.

I own the 800prs, I like the 16 band equalizer. In terms of functionality it's like any of my previous pioneer head units. I comes with a mic, to apparently set it's self to your car. I didn't like the sound when I tried it. The only real issue I have with mine, is that to get your Ipod on it. You have to buy another unit, and I'm pretty sure you have to provide the extra piece it's own power. I'm actaully trying to sell it if your interested lol.

Ipod on the eclipse is Meh..... Are you competing in SQ? if yes go the pioneer straight out, if no then continue considering the eclipse (which I own).

Functionality of the Eclipse is good but menus can have quirks that will annoy you, overall I'm happy with it. Be careful of the Pioneer internal pico fuses and you should be fine.

Jono

I own the 800prs, I like the 16 band equalizer. In terms of functionality it's like any of my previous pioneer head units. I comes with a mic, to apparently set it's self to your car. I didn't like the sound when I tried it. The only real issue I have with mine, is that to get your Ipod on it. You have to buy another unit, and I'm pretty sure you have to provide the extra piece it's own power. I'm actaully trying to sell it if your interested lol.

How much?

i also used to own a DEH-P800PRS then i blow teh pico fuse then all hell broke loose! i ended up living with the blown fuse for about 2years before i got my new jvc h/u and i never looked back!!

the 16bar eq is quite nice and the strong pre-outs also helped out!

but towards the end of that h/u i started to have issues with it where i would have to push my face place back on during operation as the screen would cut out. keep in mind the h/u will fold down to accept a disk so constant movement will played a part on my h/u! or maybe i just got a bad h/u lol!

The Pio has 32 bands as the 16 are independent left & right.

For me MKII take my vote, as I love the 8V pre-out with bluetooth,usb etc ready without any additional accessories.

It's just me.