UndercoverPunk

ported doorpods

Yummy! Hurry up and get them covered. These are looking great!

I'm surprised no-one noticed the mods to the drivers themselves...

I edited the name of the thread so it "matched" the sealed extremis pod thread, dunno why, I'm tired, bored, and I've got a chit TON of caffeine pumping through my system, I DON'T HAFTA MAKE SENSE!

I'm surprised no-one noticed the mods to the drivers themselves...

I edited the name of the thread so it "matched" the sealed extremis pod thread, dunno why, I'm tired, bored, and I've got a chit TON of caffeine pumping through my system, I DON'T HAFTA MAKE SENSE!

The quick change plugs???

You and me both.

I hate those things with a passion.

Allen terminals> all !

You and me both.

Allen terminals> all !

fudge allen terminals, there's just no need. Spring terminals that easily accept up to 8awg are TEH WIN!!!

NG

chit looks awesome jason. i am jealous :P

You and me both.

Allen terminals> all !

fudge allen terminals, there's just no need. Spring terminals that easily accept up to 8awg are TEH WIN!!!

NG

The allen terminal will provide a far better connection in way or contact area on the wire. Think about it. The spring loaded deals only contact a small portion of the wire. It may or may not make a big deal, but in actuality, the cheap spades and the allen connection provide for more contact and a far superior connection.

You and me both.

Allen terminals> all !

NG

The allen terminal will provide a far better connection in way or contact area on the wire. Think about it. The spring loaded deals only contact a small portion of the wire. It may or may not make a big deal, but in actuality, the cheap spades and the allen connection provide for more contact and a far superior connection.

Won't make an audible difference though. I'm talking about ease of use. I like push pin on speakers (yeah, we were talking about speakers Supa_C ;) look at the Jason's extremis's above :)

I actually prefer STRONG/SOLID bare wire insert for amps, with regular Philips set screws that don't strip out (on the head). There is nothing worse than need to tighten/untighten a set screw...and not have any or the correct allen wrench. :(

NG

You and me both.

Allen terminals> all !

NG

Won't make an audible difference though. I'm talking about ease of use. I like push pin on speakers (yeah, we were talking about speakers Supa_C ;) look at the Jason's extremis's above :)

I actually prefer STRONG/SOLID bare wire insert for amps, with regular Philips set screws that don't strip out (on the head). There is nothing worse than need to tighten/untighten a set screw...and not have any or the correct allen wrench. :(

NG

Yeah, well, I like allen on my amps, wouldn't mind torx actually... I prefer that my chit doesn't strip the head... ever...

Hey ryan, as noah kinda talked about above...

Will the better connection of a set screw make a differance in this case, or is it just overkill?

You and me both.

Allen terminals> all !

NG

NG

Yeah, well, I like allen on my amps, wouldn't mind torx actually... I prefer that my chit doesn't strip the head... ever...

Hey ryan, as noah kinda talked about above...

Will the better connection of a set screw make a differance in this case, or is it just overkill?

No real way to know without doing the proper testing. By ear, you probably will never notice a difference. Hence my statement in my post. Measuring equipment will tell you otherwise. I'm a former electrician, so I myself am all about contact area and a FIRM connection.

I'm also the person who solders every connection I can.

aug030017rq.th.jpg

I can feel the breeze atleast 2 feet away. Problem is that I get a little port noise at high volumes. gotta work with it a little more to see if I can get it to go away, if nothing else I'm hoping that the HP will take care of it... of not... I'm gonna have to try and firt a 2" port.

rediculous, but they don't get REAL low... they aren't set up to get REAL low

It should be noted that I am powering them with the receiver from an audiovox shelf system... so, who know's what they'll sound like on a real amp ;)

rediculous, but they don't get REAL low... they aren't set up to get REAL low

It should be noted that I am powering them with the receiver from an audiovox shelf system...  so, who know's what they'll sound like on a real amp ;)

HEY TARD!!! CALL ME SOMEHOW FROM SOME PHONE! ASAP!

I don't know what the deal with your cell is, but I can't get a call to go through.

I have a proposition. You need to get with me ASAP tho, time sensitive. Hell, just call my cell anytime tonight.

Later tard.

-Noah

After some dicussion I've decided to try 2" long ports instead of 4" and see if that helps anything....

God I hope so...

that'll tune me to 58hzish