UndercoverPunk

ported doorpods

I wouldn't be too overly concerned about the interference with the plastic.  As long as it's not totally blocking the vent, you'll be fine.  If anything, it'll act as an extension and lower the tuning, but I highly doubt it.

I'm going to send you a cookie or something. Answering all of my questions and such... :fing34:

Quit your whining and do it!

NG

I got one thing to say to you... "Noob sandwich"

oh and

....I...I...I just don't get it, how is that possible???

I read that last night, LMFAO the whole time.

I wouldn't be too overly concerned about the interference with the plastic.  As long as it's not totally blocking the vent, you'll be fine.  If anything, it'll act as an extension and lower the tuning, but I highly doubt it.

I'm going to send you a cookie or something. Answering all of my questions and such... :fing34:

Oreos!!!!! Double-stuffed!

hey why not use the jlaudio flex-ports....that would great in your situation..i hope they still make them..or if they have them in stock

they make a 3inch and a 4inch

I can't find anyone that still sells it, oh well, I'm sure if I looked raound enough I could find something like it.

Preglass of the patch setup, 4 layers of standard card board for support, 1 layer of wax paper to make sure I could get the cardboard out.

aug100012pt.th.jpg

After the patch (7-9 layers of glass in a single application.)

aug100034ma.th.jpg

Preglass of the patch setup, 4 layers of standard card board for support, 1 layer of wax paper to make sure I could get the cardboard out.

aug100012pt.th.jpg

After the patch (7-9 layers of glass in a single application.)

aug100034ma.th.jpg

Get the HU in... ;)

NG

.... Problems, I need your help guys.

I had some problems with grounds on the head unit, but I fixed them and now it's working like a charm... problem is now with the amp.

After I got the HU working properly, I hooked it up to the amps(RCA's and remote turn on).

To my devastaion the KX650.4 does not power up at all. The 200.2 powers up and works just fine. I have 14V at the power terminals as well as the remote. No protection comes on or anything, absolutely no signs of life.

Can you guys think of anything... ANYTHING at all that would cause this other than a dud amp? I'm willing to try anything.

Could be a loose connection in the wiring.

Just fiddle with the wires and see if it does anything.

Fuse could be blown too, you probably checked that...right

Fuses are fine, unless it's a microscopic break, I'll test them for continuity tomorrow, for chits and giggles. IDK, I messed with it for about 10 minutes after working on the H/U for an hour or two and just said screw it, I'm fudgein tired, and that doesn't blend well with aggrivation...

That sucks man, i hope you can figure out whats wrong.

Better not be a dud.

Didnt Noahs kicker have a problem as well ?

could be the same thing.......

Yeah, my KX600.4 was from like...2003 and it was a refurb.

My newer KX Series amps are ROCK SOLID.

I'll try to get ahold of Kicker and see what's going on.

NG

uh oh...

have u checked the outputs from the h/u? liked maybe switched them from amp to amp and see if that makes a difference? or does it (the amp) jsut not light up at all?

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer:

email tracy ASAP, he will get it done

yeah, I tried hooking uo just the 650.4 by its self and still nothing.

Kent, no lights at all... nothing.

I called kicker and he said it sounds like I've done all I can do and that I should send it in under warranty. I have to get the serial # and then give em a call. I"ll probably send tracy a e-mail and let him know that I have something coming in, hopefully he'll help me get it taken care of post haste.

That sure would be nice...

oh well, atleast I've got tweeters now, lol...

Change the fuses anyway just for the hell of it. I can't tell you haw many times I've had a component come with a cheap ass overseas fuse that looks and tests fine, but will not flow electrons. That ticks me off.

:+1: with waht tirefryr said about hte fuses...

and good luck bro!!!

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slayer: