ArrizX

Working on a budget, have two amp choices

I know that the Hifonics BXi 1610D is kind of like the ultimate budget amp, but I like the looks of the CRUNCH GPV2000.1 at almost a hundred dollars less.

Think I will get rated wattage out of the crunch, or save a bit more and get the hifonics.

I wouldn't buy either, get something used instead.

I agree with M5 on this one. You should give a little more info to get better help bro......budget, power desired, what subs the amp will be used for.

What is your budget?

x2 and what will you be using it to power?

Well, right now I have two MTX jack hammers a friend is letting my borrow for the winter, and next summer I will do a customed ported behind the seat 12'', but it will have to be a shallow mount..

I'm in a jeep wrangler, so I dont have much to work with lol.

Well, right now I have two MTX jack hammers a friend is letting my borrow for the winter, and next summer I will do a customed ported behind the seat 12'', but it will have to be a shallow mount..

I'm in a jeep wrangler, so I dont have much to work with lol.

The main question is what is your budget for an amplifier?

Definitely under 200 for now.

On a side note, another friend gave me a kenwood amp. Everything seems to turn on and power up fine, but I get absolutely nothing at the speaker terminals. If I can fix it its mine. I put a multi meter up on it, and I get zero voltage and the speaker out puts. Any ideas for that?

I appreciate the help so far, ive been out of the game for a year or two now.

not sure on kenwood amp, could be a number things, assuming install is all right, could be anything from a fuse to a capacitor.

I understand you're on a budget. Yes there are def. better amps out there, but for that price, hard to find, even used. All maxxsonics amps except for the compeition series amplifiers are tested to push within 10% of their rated power or better at 14.4v. so ridding voltage is a biggie, with inexpensive amplifiers they are not near as efficient, and don't push nearly as much power after voltage drop as do better amplifiers. for the money, and for what you are using for subs I would say it will do just fine, go with the GPV if you like the looks, the 1610 will just have less power potential.

I have a Hifonics BXI 2610 for sale I will let it go for 300 shipped. Hit me up if you want it.

To answer the OP question, the gpv 2000 is rated at 1000 watts rms into 1 ohm not 2000wrms and the bxi1610 is rated at 1600 wrms at 1ohm at 14.4 volts, and i would never suggest that someone buys anything used over new gear unles u're getting a hell-of-a -deal. that's just me

To answer the OP question, the gpv 2000 is rated at 1000 watts rms into 1 ohm not 2000wrms and the bxi1610 is rated at 1600 wrms at 1ohm at 14.4 volts, and i would never suggest that someone buys anything used over new gear unles u're getting a hell-of-a -deal. that's just me

x2, and that is something I despise about myself not being able to buy used because I pass up on some good deals but hey (just a personal preference).