smashedz28

extended cab s10 box

Im having a hell of a time figuring out a design for my s10. Its extended cab it only needs to hold 2 12's. problem is im a bigger guy so the seat cant be all the way forward, i need room. Has anyone built a box for an s10 before? the box is gonna have to have a bunch of angles on it which worries me for being a noob box builder. Subs are just RE SR 12's.. min 1.5c.ft per sub tuned at 35hz. I should have room back there for these if the design is right.. dont you think? Any and all help would be appreciated, guess im just lost and stuck with this pre fabbed SEALED box which is driving me crazy.. only other option is to find someone who is qualified and pay them.. id rather make it on my own if possible.

in a situation like yours I would go with a pair of 10" woofers ported......

you could base the cavity on the passenger side (saving leg room for the big guy who drives) and

shoot an external port behind the drivers seat

unfortunately I do not sell designs though.........

Fair enough, im new here but im gonna assume you build boxes for a living.. ? How much would something like this cost with just simple carpet to have made? Also i was kicking around the idea of some 10's also but none are catching my attention.. thought about just going out and getting the 12" BTL and only using 1 of them.. i guess you could say i dont know what the hell i want to do LOL . there is a guy semi-close to me who builds boxes and looks like he makes them well. Thing about that is im affraid im going to pay the man and end up with a box that will have my seat so far forward its going to be useless to me. I thought blow-thru but that sounds like a little more of a project than i wanted and the truck isnt anything special, if i did a blow thru i would need a cover for the bed and then it would just lead me into so much more lol.. truck is what i drive to work everyday, dont use the back usually for anything.. just commuter.

I have a 96' chevy s10 extended cab. The width is 46 inches the height is 20+ to the bottom of the window seal and the depth can go as far as you want it to. the12volt.com is a great site where you can use their calculator to get the cubic airspace. If you need more than the number you entered, you can always make the box taller or add more depth.

Try it yourself first, and if you can't do it, then pay someone else. Audioque recommends subs up, port up. DD's website says sub forward, ports to the side. Either or will have great results.

Just make sure you account for wood thickness when using the calculator

You should easily be able to get 6cubes net....

Subs up is how I originally wanted it, but i was outside with a tape measure and the depth around where the top would be isnt as much as i need (set the seat as far forward as i could spare) i believe i had around 12 inches from the back of the seat to the back wall of the truck. the prefab box i have now has a down fire design.. i hate the box but i have alot more room towards the bottom as far as depth. Maybe get the subs facing forward at the lower section of the box and build it up as high as need be with a port facing front also? or maybe even up.

Slappers, what kind of box do you have in your truck? Anyone got any pictures?

Edited by smashedz28

ive been tossing around some ideas this morning.. the12volt.com was an awesome site and im thinking it has got me in the right direction.. thinking a wedge style box with subs facing forward towards the bottom of the box with an upwards facing port. I used the RE Enclosure calculator to get the right volume for the box.. like i said im new to this but what i did was set the port widths to 0 so what i did was design a sealed box with a little extra volume..then i went over to the12volts slot port calculator to build the port... am i going in the right direction here? im not sure how much volume ill need to subtract from my box for the port. I would like to cut a square port into the top sheet of this box. Does this sound crazy to any of you guys?

If your not in a hurry just wait Thumper is building my box for my s-10 xcab for 2 12"xcons and my seat will be all the way back.

Nah.. no hurry.. i got bored last weekend and built myself something.. not too impressed.. seat is still too far forward and i think i screwed up the port size lol.. go figure.. id love to see some pictures when he's done. .. Hey Thumper.. make sure to hold on to that design, i may be interested if the price isnt too steep :) actually i know ill be interested. walker please let me know man, would really appreciate it.